Bengals' Board Monitoring TBD

thenorthremembers

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

His big game rep is undeserved. Mediocre in the playoffs.

Fair to an extent. But he’s also only played 2 full seasons in the NFL. 

Burrow after 42 regular season games has been very impressive. He’s 5-2 in the playoffs to our 4-4. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

They haven't won *****

In the two years Burrows has started and finished the season they’ve lost the AFCCG and the SB by a combined 6 points.

I’m not crowning Burrow as the best QB in the league or even better than Allen. But for perspective Allen’s first playoff game was his atrocious 1 and done Houston game. 

Knocking Burrows career playoff performance is a weird hill to die on today as a Bills fan.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Fair to an extent. But he’s also only played 2 full seasons in the NFL. 

Burrow after 42 regular season games has been very impressive. He’s 5-2 in the playoffs to our 4-4. 

The team is 5-2, not Joe Burrow. He's been average, at best, in 7 playoff games. His offense averages less than 23 ppg, never scored more than 27. While the defense gives up less than 19 ppg and never more than 24 in any of those games. 7 games, 9 td passes, 19 fgs. Sounds like Joe has trouble putting the ball in the endzone come playoff time. In 7 games he's equalled the same td passes Allen had in a 2 game postseason last year. He's won in the playoffs because of others, not because of himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The team is 5-2, not Joe Burrow. He's been average, at best, in 7 playoff games. His offense averages less than 23 ppg, never scored more than 27. While the defense gives up less than 19 ppg and never more than 24 in any of those games. 7 games, 9 td passes, 19 fgs. Sounds like Joe has trouble putting the ball in the endzone come playoff time. In 7 games he's equalled the same td passes Allen had in a 2 game postseason last year. He's won in the playoffs because of others, not because of himself.

Sounds similar to how Brady won a lot of superbowls. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It feels so dumb to jump on a guy who just barely missed his second Super Bowl while we are watching from home. 

All of that might be true. But the most important truth is that they (and he) were better when it mattered most to us. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Tom had 2 Super Bowl wins after 2 postseasons, Burrow has none. Also Tom threw 3 tds and put up 32 points in his 2nd Super Bowl. Joe Burrow has done neither of those things in 1 extra game. Despite having the best WR trio in both postseasons. To date he's been carried in his postseason career.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

In the two years Burrows has started and finished the season they’ve lost the AFCCG and the SB by a combined 6 points.

I’m not crowning Burrow as the best QB in the league or even better than Allen. But for perspective Allen’s first playoff game was his atrocious 1 and done Houston game. 

Knocking Burrows career playoff performance is a weird hill to die on today as a Bills fan.

Ever compared their career playoff stats? I'm good on this hill tbh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

It feels so dumb to jump on a guy who just barely missed his second Super Bowl while we are watching from home. 

All of that might be true. But the most important truth is that they (and he) were better when it mattered most to us. 

But I've learned over and over, on this board just this week, if you don't win the Super Bowl your season is a failure. They failed, just like 30 other teams will this year. They just have a sh!tt!er draft position. 

Imo worst take in the world on a QB is going off record and not performance. Put Allen on the Bengals and he has one, if not 2 rings by the end of this year. He could only be so fortunate to have a playoff defense like that. 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Tom had 2 Super Bowl wins after 2 postseasons, Burrow has none. Also Tom threw 3 tds and put up 32 points in his 2nd Super Bowl. Joe Burrow has done neither of those things in 1 extra game. Despite having the best WR trio in both postseasons. To date he's been carried in his postseason career.

you’ve proven joe burrow isn’t the best quarterback ever. Congratulations 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But I've learned over and over, on this board just this week, if you don't win the Super Bowl you're season is a failure. They failed, just like 30 other teams will this year. They just have a sh!tt!er draft position. 

Imo worst take in the world on a QB is going off record and not performance. Put Allen on the Bengals and he has one, if not 2 rings by the end of this year. He could only be so fortunate to have a playoff defense like that. 

Yeah QBWINZ not a thing

2 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

We all know that arm talent is all that matters when it comes to ranking quarterbacks, that’s why Jeff George is the best quarterback ever. 

How about ANY/A

Or TD/INT ratio

We could even dumb it all the way down to gross yardage and points

Allen still clears

Burrow was great tonight...I think he, and his teammates are a bit too cocky for their own good...but I'm not taking anything away from Burrows game. Maybe getting knocked down a peg will be good for them.

I heard/read a lot of crap about how cocky and arrogant the Bills were... but the objective truth is, while it is a fact that our fan-base can be incredibly thin-skinned at times (don't question our QB,or say that we don't have the best team in the league even before a down is played), Bills players were never as cocky as that Bengals bunch.

Going into this weekend, I couldn't really muster up any strong feeling about any of the teams left. The Bengals/Bills lovefest lasted about a second. While their team representatives said the right things, their players chirped pretty quickly. Normally, I would have rooted for the Bengals...but as the game progressed, I realized, my bitter old Bills heart wanted, more than anything, for the Bengals to lose, not necessarily for the Chiefs to win. Sports hate can really mess you up, can't it?

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

If Burrow goes on to win 3+ super bowls we can have that discussion. 

Brady was viewed as a good but not elite QB when he won his first couple of super bowls. He started to be viewed as elite when his defenses were average /poor and he was the main reason they were winning games.

Burrow is currently considered the 2nd best QB in the league. He’s certainly not under rated . 

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

By cheating?

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't know about you, but after watching the game tonight and Burrow's 2 ill-advised INTs, I think it's abundantly clear he's regressing.😂

3 picks. The Refs saved Burrow's bacon on one pick with a DPI called.  

It was gonna be a Chiefs blowout if not for Refs.  

I think Joe Burrow would be a good QB, but he has a turnover problem.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If Burrow goes on to win 3+ super bowls we can have that discussion. 

Brady was viewed as a good but not elite QB when he won his first couple of super bowls. He started to be viewed as elite when his defenses were average /poor and he was the main reason they were winning games.

Burrow is currently considered the 2nd best QB in the league. He’s certainly not under rated . 

I don't know about that. Threw for 354 yards, 3 tds and put up 32 points in his 2nd Super Bowl appearance. I would agree before that game, but his 2nd Super Bowl was his coming out party as one of the best in the game.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

By cheating?

3 picks. The Refs saved Burrow's bacon on one pick with a DPI called.  

It was gonna be a Chiefs blowout if not for Refs.  

I think Joe Burrow would be a good QB, but he has a turnover problem.  

I know, O Line, better receivers, better play calling etc. but that bottom line sounds familiar.

I agree with another poster, above. Considering the so-called support from the Bengals towards the Bills which disappeared exceptionally quickly when they realised they wouldn’t get first dibs at the two seed, yesterday was more about the Bengals losing than the Chiefs winning for me. That, and the worshipping of Burrow when the amount of support he gets on and off the field compared to other QBs - no names included - is nigh on ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.