We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Convenient that he left out the part where the Bengals have been selling AFC Championship Game tickets since Wednesday.  All teams do it, this is a stupid take. 

I will add though, there seems to be a lot more "talk" this season from analysts who are former players and coaches that the refs might have agendas.  

Joe B article.

https://theathletic.com/4111837/2023/01/21/bills-bengals-playoffs-prediction-preview/?source=nfltw&redirected=1

Prediction: Bills 26, Bengals 20

The last time these two teams squared off, I picked the Bengals to win. But two significant changes from the last matchup could have outcome-flipping potential. The first is the potential for Oliver and the defensive tackles to get to Burrow with multiple plus-matchups against the interior offensive line. The second is the biggest shift, and that’s with the improvement of cornerback Tre’Davious White, the implementation of a high-ceiling player in Kaiir Elam into the starting lineup and how they can better match up with Ja’Marr Chase and Tee Higgins than Dane Jackson and White from three weeks ago. Above all else, the Bills’ defense has more answers to the test than they did on Jan. 2.

It will not be easy for either unit, and there is potential for an early defensive struggle between these two passing offenses and excellent defensive coordinators. It will likely be an uncomfortable game all afternoon and evening for both sides. Ultimately, I think the Bills have enough offensive firepower to best the Bengals’ output, and the Bills’ defense has just enough working in its favor to help guide the Bills to a close victory.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The opposite. Kyle being Kyle is cringey. Him getting out of the way and letting me hear Al Pacino perform one of the greatest scenes in sports cinema? Yea. I can get behind that. 

Especially after Devin's game sealing run last week was every bit a game of inches. Fight for those inches tomorrow gentlemen, because it will be the difference between winning and losing. 

That movie sucked.

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So he essentially saying football is fixed but still spends hours pulling analytics out of said fixed games?   News Flash the NFL sells playoff tickets prior to the games happening.  Why is this such a big deal now?

Exactly.  Selling tickets early is nothing new but all of a sudden its a big conspiracy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The opposite. Kyle being Kyle is cringey. Him getting out of the way and letting me hear Al Pacino perform one of the greatest scenes in sports cinema? Yea. I can get behind that. 

Especially after Devin's game sealing run last week was every bit a game of inches. Fight for those inches tomorrow gentlemen, because it will be the difference between winning and losing. 

Kyles awesome. Quit it 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Process said:

Lmaooooooooo

Love the 2-0 stat this season.....the bills only lost 3 games. Statistically low odds of him reffing a loss this season 

The whole ticket this is so over blown, were you really gonna risk that fans of both teams would book and plan a trip to Atlanta in 7 days. The price of that trip goes up dramatically with such short notice 

Give fans a few weeks or close to month and now all of a sudden you have fans ready to buy tickets 

Also love that giving money back/refunds is something that the NFL or ticketmaster doesn't want to do.......they already did it with the unauthorized codes 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

3 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

It means what I’m about to say has a meaning. What I say, I say with a purpose or ‘not for nothing’

I do not disagree however in a perfect world Josh would be aggressive and also careful when need be. 😎

I see equal parts Bills and Bengals. It is a pick ‘em game for sure. I just watched the NFL preview and 5 picked the Bills, 5 picked the Cats. All picked a close game. 

It isn’t…nfl pickwatch aggregates all the expert picks from all experts they know about…there’s hundreds in there.  65% on the bills.

https://nflpickwatch.com

it is not nearly a pickem game 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Lmaooooooooo

One of the silliest things I've ever seen. And it shows how easy it is to manufacture conspiracy theories.

Point: NFL is selling tix for Atlanta and has to return the money if the game doesn't go ahead. Counterpoint: as many people have pointed out, they are selling tix for all possible playoff hosts and have to return the money for all of those that don't go ahead.

Point: When Cheffers refs the Bills have a great record over the last few years. Counterpoint: When anyone refs the Bills have a great record over the last few years.

Point: When Cheffers refs, home teams win 60% of the time. Counterpoint: Home teams win 55% of the time anyway, so he would be a small outlier. And normal distribution would typically include small outliers - it's not like every single ref would have exactly 55% as their home team winning percentage. Not to mention that even if Cheffers is slightly more influenced by the home crowd than others (debatable - he gives an anecdote about one game where the visiting team was penalized a lot after a bad call against the home team - fantastic "proof" - you can find any pattern of calls you like if you only need to offer one game as "evidence") then that's just part of the home field advantage the Bills earned by only losing 3 games, unlike the Bengals.

I'd like to say this video is unusually dumb, except we see this kind of weak sauce conspiracy weaving out of cherry-picked, out-of-context facts all the time in politics, culture, internet "science," etc.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Kingsley Jonathan is active, I almost wonder if it’s more of a “do your job or we’ll find someone who can” message to the DE’s. 

Also, wonder if 5 DE’s might mean more Rousseau and/or Basham inside pass rushing, given the OL issues of Cincy and the fact they don’t run the ball well. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Kingsley Jonathan is active, I almost wonder if it’s more of a “do your job or we’ll find someone who can” message to the DE’s. 

Also, wonder if 5 DE’s might mean more Rousseau and/or Basham inside pass rushing, given the OL issues of Cincy and the fact they don’t run the ball well. 

Yes this is a very smart thing to do, hope it happens. Move Basham inside and Rousseau, I like Kingley Jonathan’s motor and athleticism outside. Could be a nightmare for Bengals oline. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree on the 2nd part.  Think that's a great strategy...especially running stunts with 3 DEs across the line +Ed.

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fans that hate on Kyle Brandt are just the football version of “scene kids” that hate on any band that goes mainstream. 

Nah, I just think Brandt is a bandwagon-jumping opportunist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think we're going to be moving our DEs around a lot to try and confuse an inexperienced OL. Basham and Rousseau might get more interior rushes than usual.

That’s what I’m hoping for.   I’d even put Ed outside in certain spots.

That said, I really hope Jordan Phillips can go

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nah, I just think Brandt is a bandwagon-jumping opportunist.

Well, yea.. he plays a role, but he’s clearly developed a relationship with the Bills organization and some players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

This means no John Brown, right?

What do we need Brown for with playoff Gabe!!

Think it's more due to McKenzie healthy now, so with him plus Beasley, Shakir, Davis, and Diggs, not really room.  Does worry mea little though as not much outside backup at WR.  But that's kind of been that way all year.

5 hours ago, Mark92 said:

It's already there.  Fandual is still at -5.5 but just about everyone else is at -6.  The moneyline is Bengals +200.  I mean toss $50 on the Bengals +200 and if they lose then the bills are in the AFC Championship.  If they win then the bills lost (sucks) but you have $100 in your pocket.  

I think the Cinci money line bet and taking the points are both great bets. However, I can't bet the Cinci money line. My heart just wont go there. Plus I think the Bills somehow someway win by 3. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Yes this is a very smart thing to do, hope it happens. Move Basham inside and Rousseau, I like Kingley Jonathan’s motor and athleticism outside. Could be a nightmare for Bengals oline. 

As long as I don't have to watch AJE get pushed 8 yards beyond Joe. I still see Burrow staying within short to intermediate routes. Press coverage and make Joe hurry it.

• Like (+1) 2