We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

Watching some football shows today. Rachel Bonnetta might be the most annoying, horrible, unqualified person on tv.  Not only does she act like an 8 year old after a six pack of jolt cola, but she has zero insight.  She is like the female version of Michael Irvin but without any football knowledge. And she is actually reading off a sheet of paper during NFL GameDay. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Bengals playoff run last year had a lot of fortuitous things happen for them to get that far.   Bills seem to have a much larger margin of error  Would love to see a more complete game this week especially from the D line who should feast

I think most of us felt even more pain from the 13 seconds situation after Cincy advanced last year.  I was, at that time, POSITIVE that we would have beaten Cincy and made the SB if we had beaten KC and hosted the Bengals the following week.

Not much difference this year.  These are still basically the same 2 teams.  I have a little less confidence this year - but I think it's more because of the Bengals hype.  We're the better team, at home, and should win tomorrow.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Matt Parrino

The Bengals are 0-3 in games this season when Joe Burrow is sacked 5 times or more. Here is a after I went back and watched all 4 of the Ravens' sacks last week and how they achieved each. Baltimore blitzed Burrow just 3 times in the entire 

Edited by Bigvinny

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Help me understand the meaning of the phrase "not for nothing." 

What confuses me is when people start their statement with "I mean, ....."

I'm thinking, how can you be explaining what you meant before you even made an actual point?   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

What people here in Cincinnati say is that none of that matters if the Bengals just keep winning. I want people here to image the scenario if the shoe was on the other foot. They are in year two of being a contender. So, for the Bills its the divisional round last year. Remember the 2020 playoffs? We eked out a win against the Colts in the WC round. Then, we beat the Ravens thanks to a Taron Johnson pick 6 in our own endzone. We should have lost that game. But I don't remember any handwringing about the close win. No, we were on a run of good fortune. Now, we all know what happened the following week in KC. The Bengals had a similar run last year, where they won the their first playoff game in over 30 years in the WC round and then got tipped-ball INT to win in Tennessee. But then they went into Arrowhead and won. It seems to the team and the fans that they cannot lose in the AFC playoffs. And yeah, they lost the Super Bowl but only by 3 points. Most people here attribute this to Joe Burrow being a "winner," because the stats and the eye test tells you that the Bengals should be losing these games. 

Saying we should have lost the Ravens playoff game two years ago is as stupid as declaring the Bengals would have beat the Bills in week 17. ###### speak. You sound like joe Mixon 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Watching some football shows today. Rachel Bonnetta might be the most annoying, horrible, unqualified person on tv.  Not only does she act like an 8 year old after a six pack of jolt cola, but she has zero insight.  She is like the female version of Michael Irvin but without any football knowledge. And she is actually reading off a sheet of paper during NFL GameDay. 

Shes my type, but football wise she’s a 4. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Realistically she’s only doing what the network wants, all these shows have been reduced to a bunch of morons goofing off. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

This is very good, succinct. Talking heads are rarely this clear.  

Dorsey HAS to intervene with play adjusts, finally be a JoshWhisperer during play clock headset!!

So basically Josh’s body of work gets thrown out. Perhaps it was great defensive game plan by Miami? Perhaps it’s the first time Josh has seen this and like previous seasons he learns, improves and moves on? 

7 minutes ago, Punch said:

these shows have been reduced to a bunch of morons goofing off. 

cheap as dirt to hire 4 street slugs to chat. Sad. Many quality women (and men) that can be both entertaining AND INSIGHTFUL. Rex Ryan sucked as HC but he’s entertaining TV, has NFL experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The line is now -6. Someone explain to me how it goes from -3 to -6 because of the OL situation. Seams too much?

64% of bets are coming in for the Bengals.  Smart money though is coming in for Buffalo which is causing the line to increase.  All the big bettors are saying bills -3 / -5.5 is a great deal.  So Vegas says " how about -6?" Seems like the public thinks Bengals win the game but the insiders think bills win and cover.  Vegas is normally correct and is doubling down today.  

Edited by Mark92
  • Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I thought his videos the last two years were better.  This one was kinda meh IMO.

The opposite. Kyle being Kyle is cringey. Him getting out of the way and letting me hear Al Pacino perform one of the greatest scenes in sports cinema? Yea. I can get behind that. 

Especially after Devin's game sealing run last week was every bit a game of inches. Fight for those inches tomorrow gentlemen, because it will be the difference between winning and losing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills have not played their best football over the last few months (despite our 8 game win streak).  It was very disappointing how close the Miami game was, due how many mistakes we made in the 2nd and early 3rd quarters.  It seems like the entire sports world is VERY eager to point that out.

With that said, it's remarkable how everyone is ignoring how the Bengals needed a miracle fumble return last week, in order to beat the Ravens (with a backup QB as well).  They also very easily should have lost to the Patriots a few weeks back.  And they haven't exactly been beating the pants off their opponents during their own win streak.

Meanwhile, the "powerhouse" Chiefs had two barely wins over the 5-12 Broncos in the final month of the season.  They also needed overtime to beat the 3-13-1 Texans and the Malik Willis-led Titans.  Lots of close wins for them against inferior competition as well, despite a great W-L record.

Bottom line.  The AFC is up for grabs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I think she’s an Instragram influencer who somehow got that role.

I felt the same way watching her on the “predict the scores” segment a couple weeks ago on NFL’s Youtube page.

27 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

64% of bets are coming in for the Bengals.  Smart money though is coming in for Buffalo which is causing the line to increase.  All the big bettors are saying bills -3 / -5.5 is a great deal.  So Vegas says " how about -6?" Seems like the public thinks Bengals win the game but the insiders think bills win and cover.  Vegas is normally correct and is doubling down today.  

If the line goes to 6 I'm going to jump on it for $50. Might place a Bills money line bet. Might be able to cash both. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Miami effectiveness was equally on Josh AND OC. Dorsey needed to get him out of long ball myopia. 

Bills scored 34 and easily could have been in the 40’s. Miami wasn’t exactly effective. They had some short fields that made the game closer than it should have been. Not really a defensive strategy you would look to emulate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

If the line goes to 6 I'm going to jump on it for $50. Might place a Bills money line bet. Might be able to cash both. 

It's already there.  Fandual is still at -5.5 but just about everyone else is at -6.  The moneyline is Bengals +200.  I mean toss $50 on the Bengals +200 and if they lose then the bills are in the AFC Championship.  If they win then the bills lost (sucks) but you have $100 in your pocket.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

This is very good, succinct. Talking heads are rarely this clear.  

Dorsey HAS to intervene with play adjusts, finally be a JoshWhisperer during play clock headset!!

I don’t think you want him to be so much in his head both figuratively and literally during game play.  All the prep and instruction should have been done during the week and then let Josh do his thing.

13 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

It's already there.  Fandual is still at -5.5 but just about everyone else is at -6.  The moneyline is Bengals +200.  I mean toss $50 on the Bengals +200 and if they lose then the bills are in the AFC Championship.  If they win then the bills lost (sucks) but you have $100 in your pocket.  

that’s like three dozen eggs right there!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fantastic! I’m ready to run through a WALL!

Mods, do with this as you see fit

https://fb.watch/ibW_kfyRny/

I can’t put in more than one Imogi, so I pressed awesome, and wanted to say to the Chandman, thanks brother.  Here’s to hearing this at least 5 times tomorrow.

Personally when I see this I want Moulds to use Coach Marxism’s second which is “ Men, when it’s tough for them, and the stadium yells back, ITS JUST RIGHT FOR US!”

Id love it If Damar is in the Pegula Box with a Big Thumbs in the Jumbotron.  I’m getting goose bumps just honking about it.  Cincy has no idea the buzz saw they are walking into tomorrow.  There is loud, and then there is Mafia Loud.

Go get ‘em boys!  I swear I’m going to have an aneurism by game time tomorrow so excited and nervous all the same time.  I’ve had a put in my stomach since I woke up at 4 am this morning.  I have a feeling it’s going to be a sleepless night tonight.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

need some cheese with that whine

We win most of our games - can’t selectively complain about our record with Cheffers.  

If anything, shouldn’t we be ticked that the specter of a neutral site game of us and the Chiefs - that it would create that “conspiracy theory” no doubt all the talking heads will be discussing everywhere.  

Don’t like this possibility playing out Warren.  

But hey I can do this to!  

The league wants it to actually be Jacksonville AT Cincinnati.  The league knows the scheduling of this neutral site game will only fire up our opponents this week - creating an unfair advantage.  

If we lose, that’s obviously why.  The Bengals were given all kinds of motivation because well …..

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We win most of our games - can’t selectively complain about our record with Cheffers.  

If anything, shouldn’t we be ticked that the specter of a neutral site game of us and the Chiefs and that it would create that “conspiracy theory” no doubt all the talking heads will be discussing everywhere.  

Don’t like this possibility playing out Warren.  

But hey I can do this to!  

The league wants it to actually be Jacksonville AT Cincinnati.  The league knows the scheduling of this neutral site game will only fire up our opponents this week - creating an unfair advantage.  

If we lose, that’s obviously why.  The Bengals were given all kinds of motivation because well …..

when the chiefs lose today, this will be all for naught...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1