1/15/2023 Wildcard weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Haven't you seen the drops by the Dolphin WRs? The Bills arent clearly the better team. The teams split both prior games. The Bills are lucky that Tua isn't playing  and Miami oline is banged up. 

There isn't much sepetation between the two teams. 

Come on, do you really believe this?  The Dolphins basically had everything go their way in the 2nd quarter.  It was very fortuitous for them.  I don't think that equates to the Dolphins being a good team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The defense is as much of a problem as the offense - the only excuse is the lack of Hyde and Miller. But we give away far too many third and longs/blown coverage against what is supposed to be a strong defense. Admittedly, we do well to get them into third and long scenarios but after that...

This is what you get from Fraziers defense in the post season..it's been his heel and his MO....not sure why fans hold him so high

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Doesn't really matter about "other fan bases." There are plenty on here who rail against other fan bases. 

Both teams sloppy. Dolphins with 3 or 4 critical drops in 1st Q, Bills self destruct late in 2nd Q.

Dolphins have nothing to lose, now have a smidgen of hope. The first possession of the 3rd Q is key for both teams.

it does matter though......because those people arent homers who make excuses for why a team cant get out of their own way.    i respect the Chefs,  because they dont shoot themselves in the foot nearly as often as this team does.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The Bills at their best are better than anyone in the playoffs.

The Bills at their whatever-that-2nd-quarter-was can lose to anyone in the playoffs.

A team this bipolar is a fraud, like the Vikings.

I disagree.  Bills have talent, but everyone in the playoffs does too.  Bills go as far as Josh Allen I carries them.  They are seriously deficient at WR beyond Diggs.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, teef said:

not at all.  they were both open and dropped it.  on top of that, the bills had a td called back from a wr drop

Yeah that’s why I said equal.

Bills also gave up 3rd and 19, 4th and 8, 1st and 15… etc. 

Against a 3rd string QB, this has not been ideal.

1 minute ago, Best Williams Available said:

Josh is playing fine, the team around him not so much (apart Diggs).

I could easily see him waiting an extra second for his 2nd option to come open and running it to :00 right there

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BRH said:

All year the emphasis has been on calling it a score so it can be reviewed.  Suddenly that changes.  🤔

It was told to them by upstairs not a catch.. it was obvious after 1 replay.. I mean neither foot was in by the time he had possession.  I have no idea why your coach called timeout, if they want to review it they will don’t blow your chance at another shot at a TD.  

Dolphins haven't even really played well. Something like 125 yards of offense and Bills with about 280.  
Combination of the turnovers, the runback on the turnovers, the kickoff out of bounds and some balls that receivers couldn't prevent hitting the ground. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills getting beat on special teams and turning over the ball. Poor tackling in critical situations. It's like they lost focus after getting a 1st quarter lead. 

It doesn't help when we're throwing the ball 20 yards up the field every play. Like there are no short routes and too many WRs in the same area

6 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Knox drop in end zone - only 3 points

Brown running wrong route - INT

Beasley getting hit as the ball gets there and held right before - INT

Shakir Drop - no points

This.  Draft,/sign some real Wrs

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

4 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Everything is just throw deep. Dorsey isn’t calling a good game. At all 

The Bills should have 30 plus points if not for player miscues….and you are blaming Dorsey? For real?

Cripes.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The defense is as much of a problem as the offense - the only excuse is the lack of Hyde and Miller. But we give away far too many third and longs/blown coverage against what is supposed to be a strong defense. Admittedly, we do well to get them into third and long scenarios but after that...

Is your expectation to force a 3 and out every time? You realize these are still NFL players on the Dolphins offense right?

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Come on, do you really believe this?  The Dolphins basically had everything go their way in the 2nd quarter.  It was very fortuitous for them.  I don't think that equates to the Dolphins being a good team.

Absolutely believe it. Can't you say the same thing for the Bills in the first quarter. They got an INT and Dolphins dripped several passes.

• Angry 1