1/15/2023 Wildcard weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

Assumption based on your eyes.  They don't always call it clean like that.  Still needs to be reviewed

Since it was not ruled a score on the field, it actually doesn't. They only have to review scoring plays. 

And the review judge upstairs or in NY or wherever probably looked at it and saw nothing to review. 

Just now, 97bills said:

Everything is just throw deep. Dorsey isn’t calling a good game. At all 

How is this on Dorsey?

CATCH THE FN BALL

Dorsey has dialed up a game that should have us up huge right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

3rd and 18, 4ths and 8 against a 3rd string rookie QB with 2 starts under his belt is doing well? I disagree.  

Tackling on that 4th down was atrocious. Milano just needed to slow him down, but instead completely whiffed.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I mean, they likely aren't going anywhere as there is a 2nd half to play.  But to say they are "for real" is a little bit of an overstatement, even from you.  They had everything...EVERYTHING go their way that they needed.  Big punt return, INTs, our guys not dropping huge passes.  I don't think that is sustainable.  Just watching both teams, the Bills are clearly superior everywhere.  If they stop the mistakes, the 2nd half shouldn't be close.

Haven't you seen the drops by the Dolphin WRs? The Bills arent clearly the better team. The teams split both prior games. The Bills are lucky that Tua isn't playing  and Miami oline is banged up. 

There isn't much sepetation between the two teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

defense has had to defend at least 3 short fields so far.   They’re doing well overall.

Our offense needs to wake the hell up

Agreed.  If we can start giving the Dolphins starting drives at their 20 to 30 instead of our side of the 50 I think that will definitely go a long way.  If the offense starts taking care of the ball and get in more of a rhythm I think we will be ok.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You can’t just expect the offense to always bail us out. Get this ***** defense fixed right now. It’s a 3rd string QB, get stops. Inexcusable 

They have got stops despite facing four consecutive short fields. The offense and special teams are the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You can’t just expect the offense to always bail us out. Get this ***** defense fixed right now. It’s a 3rd string QB, get stops. Inexcusable 

The offense doesn’t have to bail us out. Just stop turning the ball over and giving Miami a short field. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You know, it’s not the worst thing when you lead 17-0 against a 3rd string rookie QB who has never done anything in his limited NFL action to just run the ball and punt when you need to …

Or take 7 minutes off the clock and go into half time with 24 points. Why even go for the kill shot when you could end the half without giving them the ball back? 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Kind of feels like Brown should have adjusted to the ball better on that pick. I doubt it’s an INT if it was to Diggs.

I doubt Allen throws much to Brown or Beasley the rest of the game.

yeah Romo commented that Brown sorta broke off his original route and Allen was throwing to where he thought Brown was headed

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The offense turned the ball over and gave Miami short fields. Both sides of the ball have to play better.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

How is this on Dorsey?

CATCH THE FN BALL

Dorsey has dialed up a game that should have us up huge right now. 

Yep!!! Freaking catch! And that was PI on Beasley on the last INT!!! 💯 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The defense is the very least of our problems. 

The defense is as much of a problem as the offense - the only excuse is the lack of Hyde and Miller. But we give away far too many third and longs/blown coverage against what is supposed to be a strong defense. Admittedly, we do well to get them into third and long scenarios but after that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1