Bills/Dolphins Wild Card pre-game thread

Draconator

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Certainly, if our season continues.  As soon as he can play with both arms again.

Anyone else a bit surprised by Ankou over Bryant?

He showed up as limited with a hamstring on Wednesday, then DNP rest of the week.

Must have pulled a hammie in practice on Weds.

He's been limited all season... offensively speaking😎

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Certainly, if our season continues.  As soon as he can play with both arms again.

Anyone else a bit surprised by Ankou over Bryant?

He showed up as limited with a hamstring on Wednesday, then DNP rest of the week.

Must have pulled a hammie in practice on Weds.

Nah my bet is they are being nice to him. They want to go with Beasley today and see how it goes. Then maybe think about Crowder next week. My guess is McKenzie is done for the year. Only thing you lose with McKenzie out is WR sweeps and they haven't called much of those this year. 

For those imaging some exotic game plan from the Fins I have one question. Why didn’t they do it last week? That was as much of a must win game for them as this one and they were not able to get the ball to Waddle or Hill for big plays. If they lost to the Jets, their coach who calls the plays probably get fired. You would think that they would have pulled out all the stops then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

For those imaging some exotic game plan from the Fins I have one question. Why didn’t they do it last week? That was as much of a must win game for them as this one and they were not able to get the ball to Waddle or Hill for big plays. If they lost to the Jets, their coach who calls the plays probably get fired. You would think that they would have pulled out all the stops then.

People are getting unreasonably nervous. Anything can happen, but the Buffalo Bills themselves are the only team capable of making this a loss. We’d need to have a total meltdown, in which case there’s greater issues to discuss moving forward. I’m feeling good about this.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Man , that is so fluid and effortless for him.  It looks like he barely moves and the ball is going 30-40 yards (?) or more defying gravity. That much talent must feel different , invincible like.  So happy for once all this talent is piloting the Bills; if they can just reach the SB once , no telling what the confidence of a win could unleash.  Took some time for Kelly & all to get there , but then 4 in a row was set free. We need that final step ; why not ? Looking back on those old Bills teams , the only area they really were consistently better was their o line , with greats like Hull, Ballard, Fina, etc.  Give Josh a stable line and one more consistent wr , and it might be Pats like dynasty in the making. 

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

Man , that is so fluid and effortless for him.  It looks like he barely moves and the ball is going 30-40 yards (?) or more defying gravity. That much talent must feel different , invincible like.  So happy for once all this talent is piloting the Bills; if they can just reach the SB once , no telling what the confidence of a win could unleash.  Took some time for Kelly & all to get there , but then 4 in a row was set free. We need that final step ; why not ? Looking back on those old Bills teams , the only area they really were consistently better was their o line , with greats like Hull, Ballard, Fina, etc.  Give Josh a stable line and one more consistent wr , and it might be Pats like dynasty in the making. 

It's interesting, I'm looking at that and seeing what Josh meant when he spoke of a tight throw to Diggs and says "I put both cheeks into it"

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Please no heart attack game please for once

Here's the problem, after the Chargers went into halftime 27-7 and came out of the game with a loss, ANYTHING can be a heart attack game.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Screens would be nice as well but I don’t think we have ran a successful one since chan gailey

Bubble screens we have.  John Brown.  Have run them this year to the RBs.

Edited by Beck Water

This is shaping up pretty well for the Bills. I'd like to see them get hot and with both Brown and Beasley practicing for the last couple of weeks, that very well could happen. Not really expecting a lot from those two, but they can take a good deal of pressure off of Diggs and Davis. Having them out there is more about what they can do for the team than what they can do individually. Plus, with that running game shaping up nicely over the last month, this could be an absolute blowout. Would be a great thing for this team. Get hot, Buffalo. Get HOT!

Ok Bills fans today is the day we have bern waiting for. 

A few observations likely to occur today. I fully expect that Dolphins to get out of the gate with the lead. Bills have bern a slow starting team all year. Josh will be too amped up and miss easy throws. Davis drop is foreseeable. The Dolphins will be ready and their initial game plan will have the Bills scrambling. I'm thinking 7-0 or 10- 3 Dolphins early on.

Then the Bills talent takes over. Josh will find his groove and carve out that D. Going into halftime. The Bills will have the lead but not a blowout. I'd say Bills 20 Miami 13. 

The Bills come out and take care of business in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Bills 34 Dolphins 20. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.