Bills/Dolphins Wild Card pre-game thread

Draconator

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What's that all about?  The weather isn't even really bad by Buffalo in winter standards.

People assuming it will be a lousy blowout?  It's the playoffs man!  GET OUT THERE PEOPLE!

Much harder to get a ticket for the game in Cincinnati and the weather is the same. I don’t get it.

• Eyeroll 1

58 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Side tid bit…Allen wins today and he will have defeated the Miami Dolphins more times than any other team in his career.  9-2.

I like that.

Bills would also be 17-3 against their division opponents this decade: Phins 6-1, Pats 6-1, Jets 5-1.

And 2 of those 3 loses are attributed to weather. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What's that all about?  The weather isn't even really bad by Buffalo in winter standards.

People assuming it will be a lousy blowout?  It's the playoffs man!  GET OUT THERE PEOPLE!

hopefully ticket prices take the same path for the Divisional Round… I ended up not being able to go today (sick kids) but got the 100% go-ahead for next weekend, so I’ll be searching out a single.  I’m sure if I wait til Thursday or Friday to purchase, the prices will shoot way up 🙄

54 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Turned on nh network last night they were replaying g the bills dolphins game deo

Dec.  it was the end of the third quarter and the dolphins were winning 26-21.  No Tua and others the bills should win but tirnivers and big plays can be an equalizer.  I expect the dolphins to take shots.  

With Eil Enkou promoted I think we can assume Jordan Phillips is not playing.  Speculation is he has a labrum injury which means it is not healing this year and that greatly limits his effectiveness.  That sucks because he has the potential to be a difference maker.  Oliver has also not been all that visible recently.  This DL needs to bring it for the bills to win the SB.  

Also assuming mckenzie is not playing which I would say roves the jet action to some degree which he is great at.   But this team does not seem to like to do much of that anyway so not as concerned about him missing.  It will force the issue with Beasley or someone else to step up.  

Who cares about the jet motion anymore.  It's not like we ever actually run it.

Just now, Seventeen said:

Any word if Damar will be at the game ? 

If he is and at all possible, the BIlls should make him an honorary captain for the game and have him out for the coin toss. 

I'm guessing way too early for that sort of thing. 

Though that day is coming.  Might be home opener next year.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Probably resellers that got too greedy and couldn’t unload their tickets in time…I bought tickets last week and have been checking periodically throughout the week and there was nothin cheap

guaranteed there’s people waitin to scoop them up last minute for that reason  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I LOVE ME SOME DIANNA RUSSINI!! She has a Buffalo appeal with an AWESOME NY accent. I'm actually jealous of the guy that had her on his shoulders

Guy who gave a thumbs down to this just cementing his eternal dim status.

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I told my wife, I’m guessing he’ll be at the game, and maybe even on the sideline during warmups.

Well if he can do that, I don't know why they couldn't have a little "tribute" to the guy pre-game...just an opportunity to rev up the fans, and get Demar out at midfield and let him soak up all the cheering and love he'd be getting from 70,000 people. 

I'm sure he'll get that "that day" at some point.  Just not sure it's today.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I feel like this will be similar to Bills Colts wild card 2020. We should beat them by 20 but the dolphins will probably get the ball last and fail to score 

That feels about right. Dolphins have a ton of talent, no pressure, and nothing to lose. They’ll be aggressive.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I apologize, but quite seriously I have never been calmer before a Bills playoff game in my life, and I go back a lot of years.

Go Bills!!

I feel the same as well.  I have zero concerns or worries of any kind.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Over saturated market. 

People bought extra tickets hoping to make a bunch on the resale market without understanding the game. 

This will happen in the AFCC if it gets that far, too. Don't buy early unless at face or below. 

Over saturated market. 

People bought extra tickets hoping to make a bunch on the resale market without understanding the game. 

This will happen in the AFCC if it gets that far, too. Don't buy early unless at face or below. 

Over saturated market. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I feel like this will be similar to Bills Colts wild card 2020. We should beat them by 20 but the dolphins will probably get the ball last and fail to score 

The biggest difference was that the Colts had a borderline HOF QB still playing well and the Bills were in only their 2nd playoff game with this current group of players.

• Like (+1) 1

Currently sun and clouds in OP, temp = 25 degrees.

Should be mostly sunny and around 30 degrees for the bulk of the game.  No precipitation at all.  

I guess they pretty much accurately predicted this.

Sounds like a nice, but chilly, day for football.

still worried about our D,  even against a 3rd string QB.   HiIl and Waddle could go off with anybody throwing to them tbh.    our secondary is so beat up and missing guys its hard not to be worried.   if we play shell to stop them,  then that opens up the run game.   i guess id rather we get run on between the redzones instead of giving up chunk plays.  in the redzone we'll probably be fine though.

• Disagree 2

Listening to pre-game show on Gr-55.

Eric Wood and the guys are discussing whether or not Damar will be involved in the game.

They said they've heard nothing in terms of a pre-game type thing, and Eric highly doubts he will be on the sideline with the team.  

Could Damar be at the game in the stands or a box?  "Possibly" says Eric Wood.

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

still worried about our D,  even against a 3rd string QB.   HiIl and Waddle could go off with anybody throwing to them tbh.    our secondary is so beat up and missing guys its hard not to be worried.   if we play shell to stop them,  then that opens up the run game.   i guess id rather we get run on between the redzones instead of giving up chunk plays.  in the redzone we'll probably be fine though.

I think it’s a fair statement. Hill and Waddle can get deep, and one or two lucky deep balls from Skyler can be TD’s.  I agree we’ll guard deep… which then opens up the running game and the underneath passes.  We gave up a lot of 5-10 yard middle passes to Mac. 

To me, the 2 big keys are:

1) Get out to a big lead. Make Miami have to be one-dimensional. 
2) Get to the QB!  Gotta force him into making mistakes, and no time for Hill & Waddle to run free in our secondary. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.