We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

Lose Micah Hyde for the season.

Dawson Knox's brother passes away at a tragically young age.

The horrific Topps supermarket shooting.

Biblical snow storms.

Lose Von miller for the most important part of the season.

Damar Hamlin suffers a cardiac arrest on the field.

Still end up losing just 3 games all season.

Wild Card game kicks off at 1pm (6pm GMT)? We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but considering what happened to Damar, this past week was undoubtedly the most emotionally and mentally taxing anyone could imagine for the Bills. But because they played less than a quarter of football, from a purely physical standpoint was it almost a quasi-bye week situation? Did it give guys some extra time to heal those bumps and buises that have accumulated over a long season?

I love Sunday's at 1:00.  Until the last 2 years, every game seemed to be Sunday @ 1:00 (unless west coast, obligatory Thursday game or a fluke Monday nighter).

1:00 PM Starts

2015         12

2016         12

2017         13

2018         15

2019         13

2020         8

2021          12 (17 game seasons)

2022          10 (include Thanksgiving)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022.htm

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Can’t make it to this one, brother…but if the Bills can take care of business I’ll be there the following week.

i am hoping to make the afcc if its not 1000000 miles away. i'm hoping they play it in greensboro.

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

Lose Micah Hyde for the season.

Dawson Knox's brother passes away at a tragically young age.

The horrific Topps supermarket shooting.

Biblical snow storms.

Lose Von miller for the most important part of the season.

Damar Hamlin suffers a cardiac arrest on the field.

Still end up losing just 3 games all season.

Wild Card game kicks off at 1pm (6pm GMT)? We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed. 

don't forget the bill's president and radio guy having strokes.  might as well add that to an already bizarre list.

6 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Love the time!!! Even though Monday is a holiday, tired of being the late game!!! Also, Tua is not playing this game. Even his coach did not give a ringing endorsement to him playing. He is one concussion away from being a walking vegetable. 3 in 6 months is bad juju for him. Bills should roll this game! 

Bridgewater if he plays is more than capable. If the Dolphins have to roll with the guy who played yesterday, then LOL as it will be a Squish the Fish day.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Love the 1pm Sunday start.  Keeps them on a somewhat normal schedule 

I am glad they didn't get a Saturday start. This team has been thru a lot obviously. Getting a full week to prepare as well as a normal week should be helpful for them. 

Hate the 1 PM game. 

2 seed

Hamlin Sorry lines

Top end team

division rivals

tie breaker game

so many story lines to rack up the PrimeTime ratings. 

it is being depressed because the Networks/League doesn’t see Tua playing and cannot risk a PrimeTime spot for Skyler Thompson. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some speculation on a few national shows I've heard this morning that Tua will be cleared from concussion protocol and will practice/play.  Tyreek said he will be personally driving to Tua's house and picking him up.

If Tua does play, all sympathetic feelings about him are off..i hope the Bills smash him.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hate the 1 PM game. 

so many story lines to rack up the PrimeTime ratings. 

it is being depressed because the Networks/League doesn’t see Tua playing and cannot risk a PrimeTime spot for Skyler Thompson. 

Story lines aside, the early line indicates that expectations are that the Bills will win handily. Tough to give them an evening slot for such a game. Mind you, all games should be considered as Primetime from here on out. 

I see a lot of comments that Miami will "miraculously" find a way to get Tua cleared, so he can play against us on Sunday.  Now in the recent past, I can definitely see that being the case.  It's a playoff game, and what would stop some shady doctors from looking the other way... 

But after everything that has transpired recently, I just can't see it happening unless he's really 100% ready to go.

The NFL just had a player almost DIE on the field during a primetime game, less than a week ago.  It was one of the biggest stories in the entire country.  And despite it clearly being a crazy freak accident, it did raise a lot of new questions about the safety of the sport.  Combine that with the very public controversy surrounding Miami/Tua earlier this season regarding concussions.  The Dolphins caught a lot of heat for failing to follow the proper protocols, and forced the league to conduct an investigation into how his injury was handled.  And that's not even considering the other major scandals involving the organization in the past 12 months (tampering with Sean Payton/Tom Brady; the owner allegedly ordering his coach to tank games).

Let's just say, the NFL has zero incentive to turn the other way in regards to player safety.  It's already a Sunday afternoon playoff game.  They gain absolutely nothing in the ratings by Tua playing.  They have everything to lose by him suffering another terrible head injury on national TV.  I believe the league will be watching Miami like a hawk, and making sure all the proper steps are followed. 

We are talking about THREE concussions in the span of 4 months.  I would honestly be surprised if any doctor clears him to play.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I’ve been at Disney during games. It will be hard to avoid updates. What’s your plan that day? I’ve been the guy wandering around the parks watching on an iPad / phone, not ashamed to admit it. 

or you can sit at a bar and watch it for the few hours 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.