We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

I can’t see any way Tua doesn’t play. Just like when Houston didn’t have JJ Watt the entire year then as soon as we get them, here comes this tool running out of the smoke with 6 gloves on. We are the Bills. They will do an experimental head transplant and Tua will play. Every other team gets their horseshit backups but we got to beat them at full capacity 3x

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see any way Tua doesn’t play. Just like when Houston didn’t have JJ Watt the entire year then as soon as we get them, here comes this tool running out of the smoke with 6 gloves on. We are the Bills. They will do an experimental head transplant and Tua will play. Every other team gets their horseshit backups but we got to beat them at full capacity 3x

Yep, kind of my thoughts too. It sounds insane, but it’s so true. Buffalo has dealt with more adversity than ever before.  

Fully anticipate Tua will be out there… it’s a strong gut feeling. I will have a ton of respect for Miami if they shut him down.. but I bet they’re gonna push the limits given they haven’t had a playoff win in 20 years, and their fans are starving for it. They’ve proven to be ‘shady’ in the past… and they need him on the field. 

25 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is there Tua news or some other news related to the drastic move from -7.5 to -10? 

It went from 7.5 to 10 because bettors saw 7.5 and jumped all over it. The line moves as the bets move. 

So it appears no one has told the betting world what many at TBD know: that this team that went 13-3 with those three losses by a combined 8 points, actually sucks. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wow -10 seems to imply bettors don’t think tua will be playing.  You’d think it would be closer to 5 ish if he was 

If he was playing I would place it at 3. These teams, with the matchups, are pretty evenly matched. I think their sort of offense can easily exploit our defense. We essentially need to rely on our offense putting out otherwise we lose. 

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wow -10 seems to imply bettors don’t think tua will be playing.  You’d think it would be closer to 5 ish if he was 

I think someone posted already, but here's the thinking on betting line:

1. Tua plays: Bills -7 or -7.5

2. No Tua/Bridegwater: -13.5 or -14.5

I think there's a very low chance Teddy is back from his pinky injury, in 2 weeks.  

The -10.5 line is basically giving Tua 50/50 chance of playing... if the line gets to -13 or -14 throughout the week, then I'd speculate Tua is out

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

I think someone posted already, but here's the thinking on betting line:

1. Tua plays: Bills -7 or -7.5

2. No Tua/Bridegwater: -13.5 or -14.5

I think there's a very low chance Teddy is back from his pinky injury, in 2 weeks.  

The -10.5 line is basically giving Tua 50/50 chance of playing... if the line gets to -13 or -14 throughout the week, then I'd speculate Tua is out

was the injury to Bridgewater on his throwing hand?

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

If he was playing I would place it at 3. These teams, with the matchups, are pretty evenly matched. I think their sort of offense can easily exploit our defense. We essentially need to rely on our offense putting out otherwise we lose. 

I think Bills -7 is the line if Tua plays; probably -11.5 or more if he’s definitely out.  

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Frankly I hope Tua just retires for his own good. A 4th concussion in 4 months would be horrific and not something anyone wants to witness….

This is the only thing preventing him from playing - my guess is he could probably clear protocol right now - at least this week.   

If he were concussed again, the Dolphins, the doctors, the league all look clueless or worse.  

But if he’s cleared, the Dolphins as a team won’t prevent him from playing IF he wants to play.  That’s where I could see this going - McDaniel even said “it’s up to the doctors.”  They won’t step in and say “no, we are weighing your health and a lot of other things here.”   

And they never said he’s shut down for the year.

I feel really bad for this kid.  He should have never played against the Bengals.   And we probably aren’t having this  conversation.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Makes no sense to play Tua.  Even if they pull the miracle upset in Buffalo, they’d have to play in KC the next week.  Not worth it.

Disagree on the why. They should just assume they’ll never beat KC, so just throw away the first game too?

It makes no sense to play Tua because if he gets one more concussion this season, his brain is going to be jelly. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I understand what you're saying but even if Tua plays its his first playoff game in one if not most hostile atmospheres in the NFL. So there will be big big time nerves for him. Mistakes are amplified so I got to assume that will come into play during the game.

I agree. In an earlier post, I stated I think the Bills win because of the home field advantage and Allen. 

I'm not really that concerned with Tua all that much. He's not elite or a game changer. It's more about how his teammates rally around him and play better. His weapons are so good that he only has to limit his mistakes and make a few big plays. He's capable of doing that. 

I mean the Bills just played them not long ago. It was almost like a playoff game if you will. The Dolphins had every chance to win that game. They have to feel good about their chances. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

Just now, VaMilBill said:

Tua can really only throw to his first read in the middle of the field on those quick timing routes so I don’t think it’s THAT close. They certainly could win though.  
he’s accurate but his tendencies are pretty easy to gameplan against.  

our oline was a mess last time missing two starters…I think we would’ve won comfortably otherwise.  Looks like tyreek and waddle are banged up too 

id set it in the -5 through -7.5 type range 

36 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

Tua should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

I feel comfortable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.