Jump to content

We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15


Big Turk

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This thread is amazing. The amount of fear of facing the Finns is absurd.

 

The only reason that the last game was close was that the Bills offense took a quarter to overcome losing Morse at center with Bates out of the game. Going into this game the Bills O-line is healthy.  They will score at will.

 

As far as whether Tua plays or not it would be a sin if he plays.  Three concussions in a couple of months off of 3 modest hits is a real problem that will have to be sorted out in the off season.  And I suspect that this will not be a decision that only the Dolphins get to make.  The league is going to be looking over their shoulder every step of the way. 

 

And if Tua plays? Miami was not exactly lighting the world on fire when he was out there.

 

 

 

 

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

 

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

 

Tua should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

 

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

 

The should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

Morse AND Bates were BOTH out which created mayhem on the O-line and allowed Miami to get back into the game as we wasted multiple possessions on offense straightening it out.

 

Mosert caught the Bills by surprise.  He won't this time.

 

I don't feel comfortable about any playoff game. I worry about them all because we're playing good football teams.  But with that being said I don't particularly fear the Dolphins and think they are a good match-up for us. The pearl clutching and pissing the bed on this thread over Tua and the Dolphins is extraordinary IMO.

 

I don't know how you can be 100% certain Tua will play and that if he does play he will be highly effective.  The NFL is going to be keeping tabs on Miami and their decision process of playing Tua. Given the circumstances of Tua's concussions this season it's likely he's not in the normal NFL concussion protocol but in something even more stringent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with most of your take. Your premise is outrageous. Morse being out was not the only reason the game was close. Go back and watch the game. I didn't see Morse missing tackles on Mosert. Did you? The Dolphins WR dropped a TD pass as well. The Bills got several generous calls from the refs. McDaniels made some very questionable play calls that probably cost them the game. The Bills were fortunate to win the game.

 

No Bills fan should feel comfortable going into this game. Especially after watching the defense play today. I think the Bills win but it will be a dog fight. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins upset the Bills either.

 

Tua should retire before he gets seriously hurt. Of course he shouldn't play but I expect 100% that he will. Think what you want about Tua. One thing that's not debatable is that he makes the Dolphins significantly better. 

I understand what you're saying but even if Tua plays its his first playoff game in one if not most hostile atmospheres in the NFL. So there will be big big time nerves for him. Mistakes are amplified so I got to assume that will come into play during the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We will see how the week progresses regarding Tua.  I would think that suffering at least 2 confirmed concussions in one season would be enough to shelf someone for the year but the playoffs make teams/players take increased risks.  A large portion of our fan base would be hoping that one of our players would play, assuming they cleared protocol, regardless of how many concussions they had suffered. So I am sure the Miami faithful are doing just that. 

 

Regardless, I don't think it matters.  No one is stopping this Bills team this year.

 

Lastly, I really hope that the Tua conversation this week doesn't turn ugly.  The medical issues he has been working through this year are serious too.  Don't have us be the fan base that wishes harm on others.

 

Go Bills

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t see any way Tua doesn’t play. Just like when Houston didn’t have JJ Watt the entire year then as soon as we get them, here comes this tool running out of the smoke with 6 gloves on. We are the Bills. They will do an experimental head transplant and Tua will play. Every other team gets their horseshit backups but we got to beat them at full capacity 3x

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see any way Tua doesn’t play. Just like when Houston didn’t have JJ Watt the entire year then as soon as we get them, here comes this tool running out of the smoke with 6 gloves on. We are the Bills. They will do an experimental head transplant and Tua will play. Every other team gets their horseshit backups but we got to beat them at full capacity 3x


Yep, kind of my thoughts too. It sounds insane, but it’s so true. Buffalo has dealt with more adversity than ever before.  
 

Fully anticipate Tua will be out there… it’s a strong gut feeling. I will have a ton of respect for Miami if they shut him down.. but I bet they’re gonna push the limits given they haven’t had a playoff win in 20 years, and their fans are starving for it. They’ve proven to be ‘shady’ in the past… and they need him on the field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is there Tua news or some other news related to the drastic move from -7.5 to -10? 

It went from 7.5 to 10 because bettors saw 7.5 and jumped all over it. The line moves as the bets move. 
 

So it appears no one has told the betting world what many at TBD know: that this team that went 13-3 with those three losses by a combined 8 points, actually sucks. 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wow -10 seems to imply bettors don’t think tua will be playing.  You’d think it would be closer to 5 ish if he was 

If he was playing I would place it at 3. These teams, with the matchups, are pretty evenly matched. I think their sort of offense can easily exploit our defense. We essentially need to rely on our offense putting out otherwise we lose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m surprised we didn’t get the day and time yet

Wouldn’t be surprised if NFL gives Tua/Miami more time to get healthy. Late Sunday or even Monday could happen. Or is this too tin-foily?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wow -10 seems to imply bettors don’t think tua will be playing.  You’d think it would be closer to 5 ish if he was 

I think someone posted already, but here's the thinking on betting line:

1. Tua plays: Bills -7 or -7.5

2. No Tua/Bridegwater: -13.5 or -14.5

 

I think there's a very low chance Teddy is back from his pinky injury, in 2 weeks.  

 

The -10.5 line is basically giving Tua 50/50 chance of playing... if the line gets to -13 or -14 throughout the week, then I'd speculate Tua is out

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if NFL gives Tua/Miami more time to get healthy. Late Sunday or even Monday could happen. Or is this too tin-foily?

I’m expecting tua to be cleared 2mrw regardless. We aren’t ever getting a break…the guy is going to play 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

I think someone posted already, but here's the thinking on betting line:

1. Tua plays: Bills -7 or -7.5

2. No Tua/Bridegwater: -13.5 or -14.5

 

I think there's a very low chance Teddy is back from his pinky injury, in 2 weeks.  

 

The -10.5 line is basically giving Tua 50/50 chance of playing... if the line gets to -13 or -14 throughout the week, then I'd speculate Tua is out

 

 


was the injury to Bridgewater on his throwing hand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Big Turk changed the title to We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15
  • BuffaloBill pinned and pinned this topic
  • BuffaloBill unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...