We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Disagree on the why. They should just assume they’ll never beat KC, so just throw away the first game too?

It makes no sense to play Tua because if he gets one more concussion this season, his brain is going to be jelly. 

My point is that the Dolphins are going anywhere this year no matter who plays QB, so they might as well keep Tua on the bench.

3 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

It is a home game. So there's that.

But...this is the matchup I did not want. They are fully capable of putting points up on this defense. Especially if Tua is healthy.

I hate to tell you but so can chargers - CIN - KC .. if we get knocked out by Miami then we had no chance anyway. On the side note I really don’t think our defense is good enough to make it to the Super Bowl. Unless Allen plays like he did in that playoff game last year, and can he do that for 4 games, idk… that’s a tall task. GO Bills 

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Lost to them once, beat them once. Both extremely close games. After watching our defense the later half of the year, I'd say this game is a coin flip if Tua plays. That's depressing.

This isn't the Niner's defense we'll be playing.  We just need to score more points then them.  Nothing to be afraid of...

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

Lost to them once, beat them once. Both extremely close games. After watching our defense the later half of the year, I'd say this game is a coin flip if Tua plays. That's depressing.

They lost 5 of their last 6 games and barely won today-what have they done that makes you think this game is a coin flip?!?!

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m expecting tua to be cleared 2mrw regardless. We aren’t ever getting a break…the guy is going to play 

I looked at there injury report for this week's game and he was DNP all week- pretty sure it's a multiple step process to be cleared- like limited practice and no symptoms - thought there was 5 steps I'm not certain.

I'm all for him getting cleared if he's ready -i just don't think it's tomorrow. Mid week wouldn't surprise me though.

Every game is gonna be a fight with the teams remaining so let kick in the door and give it our best.

Better teams typically win rubber matches. If we are trying to get to the SB it was never going to be a cake walk

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

You need to turn that frown upside down!

31 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Morse AND Bates were BOTH out which created mayhem on the O-line and allowed Miami to get back into the game as we wasted multiple possessions on offense straightening it out.

Mosert caught the Bills by surprise.  He won't this time.

I don't feel comfortable about any playoff game. I worry about them all because we're playing good football teams.  But with that being said I don't particularly fear the Dolphins and think they are a good match-up for us. The pearl clutching and pissing the bed on this thread over Tua and the Dolphins is extraordinary IMO.

I don't know how you can be 100% certain Tua will play and that if he does play he will be highly effective.  The NFL is going to be keeping tabs on Miami and their decision process of playing Tua. Given the circumstances of Tua's concussions this season it's likely he's not in the normal NFL concussion protocol but in something even more stringent.

Mosert was effective because the Bills were focused in stopping Hill and Waddle. That's exactly why the Dolphins are a difficult match up for the Bills. The Bills defense usually does well with one dimensional teams like the Ravens, Titans, Bears, and Browns. I don't buy the Bills were caught off guard and that's why Mosert was effective. Another ridiculous statement. Stop please! Their running game was effective throughout the game. 

The Bills defense isn't getting better. I'd argue that the Bills defense cannot be trusted. The pass rush is inconsistent and the secondary isn't good. I truly believe it's Allen and the offense that's going win playoff games for the Bills. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. In an earlier post, I stated I think the Bills win because of the home field advantage and Allen. 

I'm not really that concerned with Tua all that much. He's not elite or a game changer. It's more about how his teammates rally around him and play better. His weapons are so good that he only has to limit his mistakes and make a few big plays. He's capable of doing that. 

I mean the Bills just played them not long ago. It was almost like a playoff game if you will. The Dolphins had every chance to win that game. They have to feel good about their chances. 

Almost a playoff game but it wasn't there was a next week after that. This games a different monster so to speak. You thought that crowd was loud the last time we played, that was nothing compared to what's coming.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Mosert was effective because the Bills were focused in stopping Hill and Waddle. That's exactly why the Dolphins are a difficult match up for the Bills. The Bills defense usually does well with one dimensional teams like the Ravens, Titans, Bears, and Browns. I don't buy the Bills were caught off guard and that's why Mosert was effective. Another ridiculous statement. Stop please! Their running game was effective throughout the game. 

The Bills defense isn't getting better. I'd argue that the Bills defense cannot be trusted. The pass rush is inconsistent and the secondary isn't good. I truly believe it's Allen and the offense that's going win playoff games for the Bills. 

Was it not the defense that gave up the ghost against KC last year? How quickly every one forgets I guess. I'm with you, I do not trust the defense overall. They really need to generate turnovers in the post season or every game is going to be a shootout. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

I wonder if the NFL will look ahead at the weather forecast given this game can be Sat/Sun or Mon

If nfl does think about weather than the wisest move is to put it Saturday at 1pm so that it can slide out, if weather has an issue. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Luka said:

No way is it a coin flip. The Bills are at home, have one of the best QBs on the planet, and very experienced. The Bills have the advantage over the Dolphins. Now, that doesn't mean the Dolphins can't win. However, this isn't a coin flip game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.