NFL Week #18 - Patriots @ Bills - Pregame thread!

oldmanfan

Good Game Day Morning TBD! .... Wow! What a week. The emotional roller coaster I have been on has left me exhausted, I can only imagine where the players are today. Here's hoping their skill and professionalism, and adrenaline, carry them today. I hope some day Damar Hamlin realizes how he did something incredible by bringing a country together (and I do mean that, yes, the country needed something to rally behind) at least for a few days. This team, the Mafia, Western NY, and really, this country (sorry Pats fans, I know you are human too) wants (needs?) this team to win today. Regardless, let's celebrate life, the medical people who train their entire lives--over and over--to serves us, the game of football, the Buffalo Bills, and most significantly, Damar Hamlin the person, today.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Also, @Chandler#81 you good?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• BuffaloBill changed the title to NFL Week #18 - Patriots @ Bills - Pregame thread!
  • BuffaloBill pinned this topic
Just now, muppy said:

REPRESENT today Bubba I am so stoked for this game!! GO BILLS!~!~!!!

I

Fo sho I will be, only from the couch this week. At least this way I'll get to see McKorkle's face up close when he's whining on the sidelines as usual. Enjoy the game Muppy!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This team is going to play with Fire today.  We have all been through a rough week in the aftermath of the Damar Hamlin injury. But now its back to football.

The vets on this team WILL take charge and keep the teams head straight about this game. Have we learned nothing from Monday night? This game is being played 

for Damar. THIS IS A FAMILY FOOTBALL AFFAIR at this point. But it is a game people. If whatever happens happens Im GOOD either way just sayin'

I say we steamroll the rat bastids though GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!!!

What we have witnessed and what has occurred in American and even the world in the aftermath of #3's injury has been nothin but breathtakingly Beautiful.

The PRAYERS!

Keep em coming.

💙💙💙

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Someone had to step up!

Well done my friend, well done.  I noticed you had asked and then to see you start this thread with your "iconic" statement is what football Sundays are all about.

Go Bills!

Was thinking about this game and the fact that we don’t have a bye next week.  We’re in a tough spot.. we could rest starters, but would mean possible 3 seed, and definite trip to Arrowhead if we make it that far. 

Wonder if we’ll see the Bills try to take a whole lot more deep shots down the field early and often… try to get huge lead with hopes of being able to rest starters in 2nd half.  Could be bombs away for Allen…

It really is stunning how all the networks and pre-game shows and broadcasts stress the importance of the #1 seed in the playoffs, and all the permutations of how it can be obtained in the NFC ad nauseum, while never mentioning how the Bills were the #1 seed until the NFL gave it the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Was thinking about this game and the fact that we don’t have a bye next week.  We’re in a tough spot.. we could rest starters, but would mean possible 3 seed, and definite trip to Arrowhead if we make it that far. 

Wonder if we’ll see the Bills try to take a whole lot more deep shots down the field early and often… try to get huge lead with hopes of being able to rest starters in 2nd half.  Could be bombs away for Allen…

Yeah, you definitely don't rest anyone until the game is in hand. No way you volunteer to go to arrowhead in this situation. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Oldmanfan actually creating the game day thread?!  Is this the TBD version of leading the charge?  I LIKE it.

Of course, he did it by quoting an old Chiefs coach, but hey, it’s the effort that counts. ;)

13 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I really think James Cook is gonna go off today and have a big game

I was thinking lil dirty, but Is could see Cook too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Just win and come away healthy. It's go time. Ending the Pats season is the cherry on the parfait. 

Trying to separate Damar’s situation from “regular” injuries and this is my concern as well. 

I’d rather play with a full roster in Arrowhead (assuming, ya know, we win two playoff games) than limp onto a neutral field. 

Is it ok to say I won’t be surprised if they come out a little flat and don’t light the world on fire with 56 touchdowns in the first minute?

Let’s remember that as much as we were worried about Damar, we don’t know the guy. These 53 went through some brutal emotions this week. Let’s cut them some slack if their humanness shows up a bit today. 

Go bills. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Gonna be nothing better than to eliminate the Patriots from the playoffs. 

Nah, I would actually love to kick their a@@es today… then have dolphins and Steelers lose… only to have New England return to Buffalo next week for another serving of a@@ kicking. 

2 in row, to knock them out of playoffs would just be glorious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is it ok to say I won’t be surprised if they come out a little flat and don’t light the world on fire with 56 touchdowns in the first minute?

Let’s remember that as much as we were worried about Damar, we don’t know the guy. These 53 went through some brutal emotions this week. Let’s cut them some slack if their humanness shows up a bit today. 

Go bills. 

I definitely don't see them coming out flat. If anything,  I think they will be overly jacked up and and may make a couple of boneheaded mistakes but clean it up after the first series. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.