NFL Week #18 - Patriots @ Bills - Pregame thread!

oldmanfan

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Is it ok to say I won’t be surprised if they come out a little flat and don’t light the world on fire with 56 touchdowns in the first minute?

Let’s remember that as much as we were worried about Damar, we don’t know the guy. These 53 went through some brutal emotions this week. Let’s cut them some slack if their humanness shows up a bit today. 

Go bills. 

ETOc4nnWAAAzkMi.jpg:large

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

It really is stunning how all the networks and pre-game shows and broadcasts stress the importance of the #1 seed in the playoffs, and all the permutations of how it can be obtained in the NFC ad nauseum, while never mentioning how the Bills were the #1 seed until the NFL gave it the Chiefs.

It's okay they won't need the one seed to hoist that Lombardi.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I... Was against this at first but now I agree. I think he's ok to get back to live play in the playoffs. We don't need to rush him

My trepidation to sit him was wanting him to get NFL speed and a few snaps. He can get that in practice. We play zone, him specifically. It's a big diff from man

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

John Brown is active, but not Cole Beasley.

It was noted yesterday, they elevated John Brown, but didn’t elevate Beasley and a few have speculated that it may be because he was elevated last week and the Bills were worried that the NFL might try and use some fine print to make them add him to the 53 for the playoffs. If he remains on the practice squad, it allows them to bring him up for every game in the playoffs in addition to the 53 that they have. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well that answers the question on if Beasley's call up counted last week or not.  I dont think it should have since the game was cancelled but whatevers.  Its just the Pats.  I guess its possible they thought Brown could help more instead of Beasley as well. 

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

a little surprised about Benford, figured he’d give  it a go today.

If they are going to get him in there for the playoffs, it would be nice to see him get a bit of burn against a less than stellar wide receiver group. I guess they prioritized versatility at safety instead. Hopefully we see Kaiir Elam get some field time today. One of the great mysteries of the last month and a half.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Well that answers the question on if Beasley's call up counted last week or not.  I dont think it should have since the game was cancelled but whatevers.  Its just the Pats.  I guess its possible they thought Brown could help more instead of Beasley as well. 

I disagree. The call up. Is before the game. We called him up before the game. Therefore the game doesn't matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Never a bad day to beat the Pats.  I’m looking forward to the close up on Belichick’s face when he realizes the game is out of reach.

After the pre-game ceremonies?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

I disagree. The call up. Is before the game. We called him up before the game. Therefore the game doesn't matter. 

He had a pretty bad drop that should’ve been a td last game.  I think he’s done a few weeks, at least. 

Just now, boyst said:

Yeah, I dunno.  Its an abnormal situation.  Im not too worried about it that its worth me arguing about it.

On a side note, I ordered two division winner hats when they became available and they mailed them 1 day apart from each other.  I just got the first one today so I am going to wear it for todays game 😃

Just now, Kiva said:

He had a pretty bad drop that should’ve been a td last game.  I think he’s done a few weeks, at least. 

It was catchable but it was a tough catch.  It was a pretty bad throw.

7 minutes ago, BillsDad51 said:

If the Bills wanted to elevate Beasley, I would think they would check with league office to make sure he was still eligible for a third callup.

I think the plan all along was Beasley vs CIN - zone team , then Brown vs NE - man team. Makes sense 

Assuming John Brown has some semblance of his former speed, suspect Josh will be testing his elbow and a deep shot or two this game.  I do worry about Spencer Brown and Saffold keeping him upright against the likes of Uche and Judon, I could see Bills running heavy formations with Bobby Hart to help against the pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Assuming John Brown has some semblance of his former speed, suspect Josh will be testing his elbow and a deep shot or two this game.  I do worry about Spencer Brown and Saffold keeping him upright against the likes of Uche and Judon, I could see Bills running heavy formations with Bobby Hart to help against the pass rush.

thats-terrifying.gif

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I have an unusual calmness over this game.

I have no idea why.

As do I.   Perhaps partly because after the events of the week, this game seems pretty small.  Perhaps partly because we’re in the playoffs amd playing next week regardless of the outcome.   Perhaps partly becauae we’re playing an average team, at best. 

(I know being the 2 seed is better.)

• Like (+1) 1

Heading to my Bills bar.

The top seed is out of reach. That's the breaks. Extremely grateful that Damar Hamlin is better and getting better.

Let's continue this mission and lock up the 2 seed and get ready to smoke everyone in the post season!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.