Mitch Morse Clears Concussion Protocol

babulator

This is a big deal.  Reader is a beast on the interior, but the pass rushers they rely on (Hendrickson/Hubbard) are both banged up.  Hendrickson playing with a broken wrist and Hubbard with a calf injury.  

If our interior doesn’t cave in, we can be optimistic the tackles will give Allen time to throw. 

The Bengals pass rush formula, from what I’ve heard, is to have Reader and co. collapse the interior and allow their high motor pass rushers to clean up off the edge.  

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Did we?  Bills ran for over 200 yards with Bates in the pivot.  Bates was solid at center.  Morse is playing well but there was no drop off with Bates.  

yeah, we did bud.  I know it’s an unsexy position, but he was quietly one of our best offensive players last year.

I am concerned for his health as I think this was his 6th concussion.  My eldest son had five and surprisingly not from football, but all lax.  He had to give up his scholarship over it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Pleasantly surprised to see this so soon. Six documented concussions is a lot.

If he gets a ring with us, I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire.

I hope he retires at the end of the season no matter the result. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You can bet his wife and kids (if old enough to understand what's at stake) do... Good guy. I really hope he's not putting his long-term wellness in jeopardy right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

yeah, we did bud.  I know it’s an unsexy position, but he was quietly one of our best offensive players last year.

I am concerned for his health as I think this was his 6th concussion.  My eldest son had five and surprisingly not from football, but all lax.  He had to give up his scholarship over it.

Morse has played well.  But in the one game sample size Bates was fine.  The issue in Miami was they did not move Bates to C when Morse went out.  Is Morse at C with Bates at G better than Bates at C with Ike/Q/VanRoten at G...yes I think so.  Bates has been a bit of a disappointment at G.  He's been ok but in retrospect I now wish Beane had not matched the Bears offer sheet.  I advocated for keeping him then and I won't fault Beane for doing so.  Had White not been injured my guess is he lets bates walk and drafts OT/OG.  Oh well what is done is done.   The key is not letting Van Roten anywhere near the center spot.  

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The running game was actually awesome without Morse last week

I remember that game in 2018 when Barkley played and the passing game actually looked awesome without Allen.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Chris Simms puts ranch on his mild chicken wings

My boy blue.  Cheese.

54 minutes ago, gordong said:

I concur .....   Bates is very good at center. 

Bates it the future C for the Bills.  Need to find new OGs next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

“I am so glad this staff is more cautious about injuries than those turds in Miami. That would never happen here” 

-TBD posters commenting on the Dolphins after Tua was cleared to play twice by Doctors. 

“So glad Morse is playing. We need him in there if we are going to have a shot”

-TBD posters after Mitch Morse is cleared after only 5 days from suffering his 6th NFL concussion

Stay classy guys…

EDIT: This is a dumb post. I think I paused time with the Blizzard. It was definitely not 5 days. He got injured the week before. I will not delete and I will leave this post in shame....

Edited by Mango
Simple Jack
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Did we?  Bills ran for over 200 yards with Bates in the pivot.  Bates was solid at center.  Morse is playing well but there was no drop off with Bates.  

Against the Bears. The Bengals are considerably better at stopping the run.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-rushing-yards-per-game

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/rushing/2022/reg/all

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

“I am so glad this staff is more cautious about injuries than those turds in Miami. That would never happen here” 

-TBD posters commenting on the Dolphins after Tua was cleared to play twice by Doctors. 

-TBD posters after Mitch Morse is cleared after only 5 days from suffering his 6th NFL concussion

Stay classy guys…

Isn't that just blatantly false?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Stay classy guys…

Six concussions in a season? I don't THINK so... over eight seasons.

Tua has had THREE concussions in ONE season. THREE in ONE.

You are being very disingenuous.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, NUT said:

This guy is crazy if he keeps playing IMO.

Free country, his choice, i would bet there are lots of guys with six and more concussions playing every week, i mean really, they have been doing this in some instances, before high school… 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Stay classy guys…

Not even close to the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Why because you watched a documentary about concussions and CTE?    Maybe he should consult doctors and make an informed decision.  Any football player has been concussed and most are not documented.  People are taking big liberties with their limited knowledge.  

Today on GR-55,  Ross Tucker did his weekly segment.

They talked about concussions, Tua, and Morse for a while.

Ross said that if he knew he had a documented 6th concussion (like Morse) he would not return to playing the game.

But he pointed out he's older now, has kids, at a different point in life, and everyone has to answer this for himself.

I totally agree with him!  Morse is nuts to continue playing.

You have to assume he is gone after this year. 

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Eric Wood nicely implied that Bates did fine AND played through an-game injury, but that the line is operates much more smoothly with Mitch in there, esp on the road where he calls out assignments etc.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

7 hours ago, gordong said:

I concur .....   Bates is very good at center. 

And with VanRoten on the field too?  Hard top imagine he's an improvement, but the numbers don't lie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.