Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

We gave them a running game to think about...

That can only make things better opening things up for this offense with the way teams have been playing us.

Much better passing offense we will be going up against next week. Expect to see a lot more zone, maybe Tre following Chase with safety help all game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just about any time two teams are have similar records, both playing well, and both top 5 QB's, I would as a bookmaker look at the Bengals being about a field goal favorite.

Lived in Nevada for 7 years and this was kind of the standard line of a 2 point spread with home field usually determining the small spread swing.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

So they think Bengals win since as home team we get 3 points.

Not anymore.  This supposed home field advantage in point spreads is down to 1.5 and is thought by many gamblers to be BS anymore.  Also, if the Bengals were really favored, the line would be the other way.  

4 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Just about any time two teams are have similar records, both playing well, and both top 5 QB's, I would as a bookmaker look at the Bengals being about a field goal favorite.

Lived in Nevada for 7 years and this was kind of the standard line of a 2 point spread with home field usually determining the small spread swing.

Probably because Allen in PrimeTime is something special usually and the Bills have not lost a game they "had to have" all year long.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills favored despite the Bengals having by far the best team in the AFC. 

One reason. We have Josh Allen and they don't. 

Time for for him to show Joey who's boss.

Bengals should have lost to,the terrible Patriots. Bills should be favorites.

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

On the road?  Bengals hotter than we are, arguably.

I'd have the spread the other way around, but I don't gamble.

Patriots almost and should have  beat them , 
we won 6 straight I would consider that a HOT STREAK as well  !!! We are the # 1 seed and IMO should be favorite no matter who or where we play !!! 

• Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills favored despite the Bengals having by far the best team in the AFC. 

One reason. We have Josh Allen and they don't. 

Time for for him to show Joey who's boss.

Prime time Allen. He’s different in prime time.

I don’t know how the Bills stop Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. I think it’ll be a high scoring game.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, JMM said:

Bills need to play a complete game in all three phases to win I believe.  Last time they truly did that was Tennessee.  Maybe the Pat's. Yes they are that talented, won't get away with it next week otherwise

I have been hearing this statement for weeks now, yet they have won 6 in a row. The Bengals are also playing really well, but they also almost lost a 22 point lead today, had to come back from 17 down last week so they have major flaws as well.

The Bills don’t NEED to play well in all 3 phases to win. Get a defensive game like they did today and that’s going to go a long way towards a win. They just need to play better than the Bengals do next week-they have 12 wins for a reason this year, I’m confident they will put together a good plan for next week too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I have been hearing this statement for weeks now, yet they have won 6 in a row. The Bengals are also playing really well, but they also almost lost a 22 point lead today, had to come back from 17 down last week so they have major flaws as well.

The Bills don’t NEED to play well in all 3 phases to win. Get a defensive game like they did today and that’s going to go a long way towards a win. They just need to play better than the Bengals do next week-they have 12 wins for a reason this year, I’m confident they will put together a good plan for next week too

I'm always curious about what people mean by a complete game.  A game with no mistakes?  Well that happens once in a blue moon.  Cincy is tough but not some historic juggernaut.  Maybe we'll turn the ball over to them and then they'll cough it up right back.  You just need more points at the end of 60 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At some point SOON the Bills are going to NEED Josh Allen to get his head back in the game.

It is ridiculous to think the Bills will just coast to a Super Bowl Win just because we have Josh Allen on our team.

These errant throws over the heads of receivers or ending in interceptions are going bite the Bills in the ass when facing more formidable opponents.

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills were 1.5 favorites even before the two played today.

It’s imperative we beat CIN next week and lock up the 1 seed, because it’d all but ensure KC and CIN have to face off while the Bills get the 4 or 5 seed in the divisional round. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.