Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

48 minutes ago, mannc said:

Vegas has loved the Bills all year…their record vs the spread is well below .500 despite being 12-3

It's unrealistic to think the Bills will blow teams out every week, but Vegas is simply showing the amount of respect they have for them in that they expect them to almost every game.

46 minutes ago, mannc said:

I thought it was worse than that…the cover yesterday helped

Same way the garbage time points for other teams probably helped them win versus the spread too.

3 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Did Jordan Phillips leave the game with a shoulder injury yesterday?

Yes

29 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Bengals as a dog is free money.

Then might as well bet your life savings on it. Most people said that about the Chiefs game earlier this year. How'd that turn out?

Bills seem to have the capability to play as good as they need to in order to win key games.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I could care less who it was, or what happened last week, or two hands etc…

I just ask, if there were no fumble, why would it be placed at the 5. Cause we all know it would have. You can’t have forward progress stopped and then allow the defense to push the player 4 yards back and punch the ball.

We would all be beyond pisssed off if that happened to Buffalo.

What if he was pushed back and broke free before the whistle and scored a TD? There is a reason you don't blow the whistle immediately when forward progress is stopped.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

What if he was pushed back and broke free before the whistle and scored a TD? There is a reason you don't blow the whistle immediately when forward progress is stopped.

His forward progress was stopped and he was being pushed back. That's a blown whistle and no fumble every other time you see a play like that. I couldn't believe it wasn't called, but then I remembered the refs are really bad at making judgement calls. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, zow2 said:

Bills are a very good road team.  They seem to play more disciplined defense on the road too. Maybe because they are not overly amped up and too aggressive.  I dunno.  But i like their chances at Cincinnati. 

Could be on the road they are able to communicate better with each other pre-snap than at home where it's loud. Especially with all the the young guys that have played in the secondary this year.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

IF (Huge IF) we beat Cincinnati, KC loses to Den, and NE beats Miami, should we play second stringers in week 18?

It does two things:

Rest

Likely keeps Miami out. 

I'd rather see NE down the road instead of Miami.

That would lead to two weeks of the starters not playing. 

IF (Huge IF) we beat Cincinnati, KC loses to Den, and NE beats Miami, should we play second stringers in week 18?

It does two things:

Rest

Likely keeps Miami out. 

I'd rather see Miami get in who is capable of beating a 2 seed on a given day versus NE that has almost zero chance of that.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

On the Bengals forum, one poster posted the pic below.

They are all predicting 1- to 3-point wins for their team, with one poster predicting a 10-point win.

tiger-with-its-prey-pg-reproductions.jpg

They should be confident in their team the same way we are confident in ours.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

It does two things:

Rest

Likely keeps Miami out. 

Watching Denver vs. the Rams, absolutely NO chance that KC loses to them. Rams are without a ton of weapons and still hanging a 40 burger on the ponies.

22 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Watching Denver vs. the Rams, absolutely NO chance that KC loses to them. Rams are without a ton of weapons and still hanging a 40 burger on the ponies.

The defense finally just quit after getting no help from the O all season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

There’s only one thing i’m grasping at.  The Broncos were so humiliated, and were even shown pushing and shoving each other on the bench.  These NFL guys are competitive humans and don’t like to be embarrassed.  Their Super Bowl will be against KC so hopefully they will show up as a completely different team than today.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Yeah, he got pushed back, but slipped away from the group pushing him back and moves forward a few feet and then fumbles.  We see backs pushed back but just break free and run forward and that is allowed.  If he had just fallen back and just allowed himself to go backwards the play would've been dead even if he fumbled.  By  moving forward his forward progress was no longer stopped and it was a fumble.

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Had a few to many drinks this Christmas please forgive me, but i want to grind this puke orange team into dust, i want all of there chili spaghetti eating fans all 15,000 of them to long for the day's of Ken Anderson. Jesus who eats chili on spaghetti anyhow???

So much here to simply savor….

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The defense finally just quit after getting no help from the O all season.

Broncos have to be the most disappointing team in the NFL this season. So much hype going into the season, with Russell being the savior. Man, they completely suck. 

• Agree 1

On 12/24/2022 at 4:33 PM, FrenchConnection said:

People, the Bengals almost lost to the Pats today. If Stevenson doesn’t fumble, they would have lost. 

They did- no doubt and almost completely blew a 22 point lead. That play they called a incomplete pass by Mac was straight BS though - that would of iced the game. And 1 of NE TD's was just a fluke. I wish I saw the entire game and got a better feel on the overall game. We won by 22 and the actual game was a little closer then that 

I think we got this - I do, but they have talent and this will most likely be a fight. Let's roll 

Happy Holidays and Go Bills!!

Apparently, we just don't know anything about the Bengals so we shouldn't say anything guys.Â đŸ˜‚

I just want to know what we need to know about them!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Threads-from-our-Frenemies-Buffalo

Yeah...i'm gonna have to go with eff those guys. They sound like typical fans of any other team not named the Chiefs. Don't have a clue about the Bengals or what they're about. Incorrect statements about past plays and the ole "they're getting lucky, like last year". 

Big ole eff you to the Bills. Andy Dalton isn't here anymore.

I don’t fault them for their bravado, and it’s fine if they don’t know much about the Bengals. Then just don’t say anything.

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

There’s only one thing i’m grasping at.  The Broncos were so humiliated, and were even shown pushing and shoving each other on the bench.  These NFL guys are competitive humans and don’t like to be embarrassed.  Their Super Bowl will be against KC so hopefully they will show up as a completely different team than today.

Seeing that offensivs roster and points per week makes me nauseous, and i love watching Russ suck. Absolutely has to be worst coach. Hack has Russ, McDaniels has that dude Carr who i see pout crying (literally, sad, tears) every other week.

Least liked NFL players:

1. -10. Tyreek Hill

11. Hill

12. Hill

13. Tie: Hill & Carr

14. Hill

15. Russ with his polo tucked in his jeans and scarf in weight room

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

KC took a 27-0 lead a few weeks ago and then Mahomes threw 3 INTs and Denver got to within 1 score with KC holding on for dear life at the end to win 34-28. Divisional games are different.

Edited by Big Turk

On 12/25/2022 at 3:01 AM, No_Matter_What said:

What a brutal game.

We win - most likely 1 seed, bye, Ravens/Jags at home while Bengals/Chiefs fight each other and then we get beaten up winner at home in AFCCG.

We lose - no bye, most likely 3 seed, Chargers/Dolphins in WC, then road game in Cincy again, if we win AFCCG at Kansas again.

Great summary of the stakes.

I like the road to the Super Bowl Option 1: beat the Jags and Chiefs in Buffalo.

Gotta win out!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2022 at 4:57 PM, Ya Digg? said:

I have been hearing this statement for weeks now, yet they have won 6 in a row. The Bengals are also playing really well, but they also almost lost a 22 point lead today, had to come back from 17 down last week so they have major flaws as well.

The Bills don’t NEED to play well in all 3 phases to win. Get a defensive game like they did today and that’s going to go a long way towards a win. They just need to play better than the Bengals do next week-they have 12 wins for a reason this year, I’m confident they will put together a good plan for next week too

So true. It's honestly just exhausting the level of disrespect this Bills team gets from some Bills fans. We are having one of the best seasons in franchise history and the moaning and complaining never stops.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.