Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

I'm still not 100% sure we've seen the full Bills yet. Someone else posted a few weeks ago about how we might be keeping our powder dry for the playoffs. I do wonder. And this might as well be a playoff game considering how important it is. Not using Diggs today makes me even more suspicious we've got a whole bunch of ideas we've not shown and have no desire to show yet. But i could just be dreaming. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cd1 said:

At some point SOON the Bills are going to NEED Josh Allen to get his head back in the game.

It is ridiculous to think the Bills will just coast to a Super Bowl Win just because we have Josh Allen on out team.

These errant throws over the heads of receivers or ending in interceptions are going bite the Bills in the ass when facing more formidable opponents.

Ughh you’ve been watching much lately? Today was his first int since the Detroit game and he had thrown a whopping 1 ints in 5 games before this. Mahomes, for instance, had thrown 4 INTs in the same timeframe. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Ughh you’ve been watching much lately? Today was his first int since the Detroit game and he had thrown a whopping 1 ints in 5 games before this. Mahomes, for instance, had thrown 4 INTs in the same timeframe. 

Mahomes threw 0 INTs today but his team scored 24 points.  Allen threw 2 and the Bills scored 35...28 even without the late TD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No worries. We will get Prime Time Josh.

After 2 brutal weather games we are going to come out comfortable and on fire. 

It’s going to be a well balanced attack with Josh not playing hero ball and our D slowing Cinci down considerably.

25 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

I'm still not 100% sure we've seen the full Bills yet. Someone else posted a few weeks ago about how we might be keeping our powder dry for the playoffs. I do wonder. And this might as well be a playoff game considering how important it is. Not using Diggs today makes me even more suspicious we've got a whole bunch of ideas we've not shown and have no desire to show yet. But i could just be dreaming. 

The Bills seem to be so good that even their C+ game is good enough to beat most teams and even on the off chance they make too many bonehead plays it takes the other team almost everything they got to beat the Bills by 3 points or less on the last play of the game.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills seem to be so good that even their C+ game is good enough to beat most teams and even on the off chance they make too many bonehead plays it takes the other team almost everything they got to beat the Bills by 3 points or less on the last play of the game.

I honestly can't work out how good we are. It's really difficult - and I've watched every game except miami at home/ 

I look at the 49ers team and think 'we're not *that* good are we?' then i look at the records and, yeah, we must be better. I look at the fixture list and it confirms that we can't be faking it. 

I have absolutely no expectations of reaching let alone winning the SB. But in thinking that, I'm under-rating us. 

We are the strangest, most enigmatic side I've ever watched. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mahomes threw 0 INTs today but his team scored 24 points.  Allen threw 2 and the Bills scored 35...28 even without the late TD. 

If this team plays a complete game in all three phases they would just bury an opponent.

We would see the backup QB playing out the end of games.

They do have that capability. The offense can be explosive, the defense can pitch a shutout, and the special teams can be solid.

Just have not had all those clicking at the same time, but when one area is struggling we have seen another area pick it up this year to get the "W".

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

If this team plays a complete game in all three phases they would just bury an opponent.

We would see the backup QB playing out the end of games.

They do have that capability. The offense can be explosive, the defense can pitch a shutout, and the special teams can be solid.

Just have not had all those clicking at the same time, but when one area is struggling we have seen another area pick it up this year to get the "W".

Closest was the Tennessee game earlier...which resulted in a 41-7 final with the backups playing most of the 4th.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

People, the Bengals almost lost to the Pats today. If Stevenson doesn’t fumble, they would have lost. 

That fumble was crap…. Stevenson was stopped at the 5 yd line… pushed back 4 yds by 3 bengals, then ball punched out on the 9 yd line. 

If Stevenson doesn’t fumble that ball is placed on the 5 yd line. So how is it a fumble on the 9 after being pushed back 4 yds?! 

Its forward progress until a fumble happens?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Josh will need to play better next week but the Bengals are beatable. They have sloppy games just like we do. 

3 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That fumble was crap…. Stevenson was stopped at the 5 yd line… pushed back 4 yds by 3 bengals, then ball punched out on the 9 yd line. 

If Stevenson doesn’t fumble that ball is placed on the 5 yd line. So how is it a fumble on the 9 after being pushed back 4 yds?! 

I agree. The whistle should have blown. Said it in the thread. His progress was stopped and was being pushed backwards. 

• Agree 1

At least the weather should be better than the last 2 weeks 

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Josh will need to play better next week but the Bengals are beatable. They have sloppy games just like we do. 

I agree. The whistle should have blown. Said it in the thread. His progress was stopped and was being pushed backwards. 

Exactly! No fumble ball is placed on the 5 yd line… his forward progress. But since he was drove back 3-4 yds then fumbles, it’s not really forward progress if he fumbles it after being pushed back 3-4 yds….

You can’t have it both ways. Yes the whistle should have blown after he was pushed back a couple yds.

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Maybe he should have two hands on the ball so it wouldn't have mattered? Stevenson is showing he is terrible at situational awareness two weeks in a row.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

Only if the Bills bring their A Game and they don't seem to remember where they put their "A Game" (for safe keeping?).

Sure glad we won the division but...

I think we can beat them without our A game. I mean most of our wins this year we didn't have our A game. At the most you can say we brought our A game is 3 times. Against the Rams, Titans & Steelers. Offensively we didn't have our A game at KC and still won.

Cincy is playing well right now, but it's nothing we haven't seen this year. You could argue the Bengals should've lost today to the Pats after being up 22-0 late in the 3rd. We won comfortably against the Pats just a few weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe he should have two hands on the ball so it wouldn't have mattered? Stevenson is showing he is terrible at situational awareness two weeks in a row.

I could care less who it was, or what happened last week, or two hands etc…

I just ask, if there were no fumble, why would it be placed at the 5. Cause we all know it would have. You can’t have forward progress stopped and then allow the defense to push the player 4 yards back and punch the ball.

We would all be beyond pisssed off if that happened to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think we can beat them without our A game. I mean most of our wins this year we didn't have our A game. At the most you can say we brought our A game is 3 times. Against the Rams, Titans & Steelers. Offensively we didn't have our A game at KC and still won.

Cincy is playing well right now, but it's nothing we haven't seen this year. You could argue the Bengals should've lost today to the Pats after being up 22-0 late in the 3rd. We won comfortably against the Pats just a few weeks ago. 

A game vs Rams? Don’t think so - it was 10-10 at half and we had committed 3 turnovers

3 hours ago, Ta111 said:

Bengals should have lost to,the terrible Patriots. Bills should be favorites.

We lost to the terrible Jets.  Exaggerating but we've had our low moments too.  While we've scored more points the Bengals have way more near superstar caliber players on offense.   Imo we should not be favored away.   Could be the game of the season. 

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Bills were 1.5 favorites even before the two played today.

It’s imperative we beat CIN next week and lock up the 1 seed, because it’d all but ensure KC and CIN have to face off while the Bills get the 4 or 5 seed in the divisional round. 

A win next week will not lock up the number 1 seed, KC is still lurking. If they win out and we lose one, it's theirs.

33 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We had 4 turnovers against the Rams so I am not even sure then.

5 minutes ago, CSBill said:

A win next week will not lock up the number 1 seed, KC is still lurking. If they win out and we lose one, it's theirs.

Won't lock it up but trouncing the Pats in the final game of the year both will feel fantastic AND lock it up.

• Like (+1) 1

This game will definitely decide the #1 seed.  It will be interesting to see if the Bills match up well with Cinci.  

As we’ve seen, Kansas City has all kinds of trouble with Cincinnati,  and the Bills (in the playoffs) have not fared well against KC.

But who knows… Buffalo might match up well with the Bengals?  We shall see.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I have been hearing this statement for weeks now, yet they have won 6 in a row. The Bengals are also playing really well, but they also almost lost a 22 point lead today, had to come back from 17 down last week so they have major flaws as well.

The Bills don’t NEED to play well in all 3 phases to win. Get a defensive game like they did today and that’s going to go a long way towards a win. They just need to play better than the Bengals do next week-they have 12 wins for a reason this year, I’m confident they will put together a good plan for next week too

Agree !!! 
I hope we continue running the ball  because this offense with running game would be a nightmare to defend !!! 

Remember, the Bengals only beat the Bucs because they turned the ball over on 4 straight possessions. They are not actually playing all that well right now, but just like in the playoffs last year they are getting extremely lucky. If Stevenson doesn’t fumble today they would have lost. The Bills have to get pressure with four and get some sacks on Burrow. Yes, Chase and Higgins will make plays but their secondary gives up plays and the weather should be good. I have watched at least part of every Bengals game this year and I really like the Bills chances.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Remember, the Bengals only beat the Bucs because they turned the ball over on 4 straight possessions. They are not actually playing all that well right now, but just like in the playoffs last year they are getting extremely lucky. If Stevenson doesn’t fumble today they would have lost. The Bills have to get pressure with four and get some sacks on Burrow. Yes, Chase and Higgins will make plays but their secondary gives up plays and the weather should be good. I have watched at least part of every Bengals game this year and I really like the Bills chances.

The Bengals are a good team but are closer to being in the same league as Miami and the Ravens than they are the Bills league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Bengals are a good team but are closer to being in the same league as Miami and the Ravens than they are the Bills league.

I don’t know man.  They went to the SB last year and are on a 7 game win streak right now .  Trying to rank the Bills, Bengals and Chiefs is really hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

BenGals are scary if they protect Burrow, the guy is a pure QB.

Allen & Mahomes are QBs who are better when things go haywire

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.