Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

How are we favored here? This is one of the rare games where I thought the Bills would be a slight underdog. 

A great road team, with a better record, the number one seed, with the best point differential, on a six game win streak… Buffalo being a slight favorite makes sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

A great road team, with a better record, the number one seed, with the best point differential, on a six game win streak… Buffalo being a slight favorite makes sense to me. 

Bengals at home currently on a 7-game win streak. Burrow can match Allen score for score. He is one of the few QB's who can do that. I am not saying the Bills can't win. I think it will be a very close game. Maybe Vegas knows something because I would have guessed the Bengals would have opened as a 2.5 - 3-point favorite.

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Bengals at home currently on a 7-game win streak. Burrow can match Allen score for score. He is one of the few QB's who can do that. I am not saying the Bills can't win. I think it will be a very close game. Maybe Vegas knows something because I would have guessed the Bengals would have opened as a 2.5 - 3-point favorite.

Not saying the Bengals aren’t a strong team. But Buffalo is stronger by record, statistics, offensive and defensive rankings, has played a tougher schedule, and has a ton of respect around the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t read through this whole thread but with respect to the line, home field is no longer a 3-pt advantage…more like 1.5.

I would like to know how the Bungles almost lost to the Pats*** last week.

If Buffalo bring their “A” game to this one there’s no reason not to walk out of Cinci with a W.  We should be as healthy as we’ve been all year.

Advance forecast looks like chance of rain but certainly mild temps for this time of year (50s).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

So true. It's honestly just exhausting the level of disrespect this Bills team gets from some Bills fans. We are having one of the best seasons in franchise history and the moaning and complaining never stops.

So I believe this thinking happens for a couple of reasons. The first is they have convinced themselves that if they think the team is bad, then if the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl they can handle the disappointment better in their own minds.

The second reason is the more likely reason-the good old “I told you so”. They say the Bills have such and such problems, if the Bills lose and the season ends they get to spend all offseason saying “I told you so” as if that’s some sort of victory.

In both cases it’s a win win for them. Either their scenario comes true or the Bills win everything. It’s a pretty sad way to be a fan 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn’t read through this whole thread but with respect to the line, home field is no longer a 3-pt advantage…more like 1.5.

I would like to know how the Bungles almost lost to the Pats*** last week.

If Buffalo bring their “A” game to this one there’s no reason not to walk out of Cinci with a W.  We should be as healthy as we’ve been all year.

Advance forecast looks like chance of rain but certainly mild temps for this time of year (50s).

Gave up 100 yards to Kendrick Bourne 😭and burrow was bad in the 2nd half. They would have lost if rhamondre doesn’t fumble at the 8 yard line. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Sadly I don't know the Bengals as well as a lot of other teams we've faced. I know Burrow is a great pocket passer and has a phenomenal #1 WR. Does anyone know a breakdown of the schemes they run? Is the offensive line as bad as in recent years? 

Their offensive scheme is to throw the ball really far downfield to Higgins and Chase.

the OL is better blocking for the run game but burrow takes a ton of sacks and a lot of them are his fault. 

I’m really not sure what to make of the Bengals. 

No idea what their defense is like .. especially with their two DE’s hurt.  Is Hubbard playing against us?  Hendrickson is playing through a broken wrist.  

Their offense is loaded with skill position talent, but Burrow still gets hit a lot and they just lost their starting RT for the year.  

Tampa was blowing their doors off and then imploded.   Somehow the Pats came in and pulled an inverse of the Bengals/Bucs game as the Bengals almost blew a big halftime lead… probably should’ve blown that lead if Stevenson doesn’t fumble.  

Part of me thinks people give the Bengals too much hype and the Bills too little.   Guess we’ll find out a week from today.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m really not sure what to make of the Bengals. 

No idea what they’re defense is like .. especially with their two DE’s hurt.  Is Hubbard playing against us?  Hendrickson is playing through a broken wrist.  

Their offense is loaded with skill position talent, but Burrow still gets hit a lot and they just lost their starting RT for the year.  

Tampa was blowing their doors off and then imploded.   Somehow the Pats came in and pulled an inverse of the Bengals/Bucs game as the Bengals almost blew a big halftime lead… probably should’ve blown that lead if Stevenson doesn’t fumble.  

Part of me thinks people give the Bengals too much hype and the Bills too little.   Guess we’ll find out a week from today.  

Hubbard will be out. Hendrickson is playing with a club. Their defense is pretty good. Better than chiefs. Don’t love their corners though.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, cd1 said:

Only if the Bills bring their A Game and they don't seem to remember where they put their "A Game" (for safe keeping?).

Sure glad we won the division but...

They just scored 35 with a C effort. It's gonna be ok I promise 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

It’s a pick ‘em now. Bills are the better team overall, but home field advantage for kitties

2 hours ago, MJS said:

So true. It's honestly just exhausting the level of disrespect this Bills team gets from some Bills fans. We are having one of the best seasons in franchise history and the moaning and complaining never stops.

Fans look at the minutiae when breaking down the Bills.

Regardless this is the best team in the NFL and the favourite to win the SB, but they haven't fired on all cylinders since before the bye. 

Be it weather or just being disjointed the Bills haven't had one of those really dominating wins and 60 minutes of football.   

The Bengals have beaten the Jets, Dolphins (in a game Tua got knocked out of) Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Titans, Chiefs, Browns, Buccaneers (had to come back from 17 down) Patriots (almost blew a 22 point lead) 

Their losses

The Steelers week 1

The Cowboys week 2

The Ravens week 5

The Browns (without Chase) week 8

The Chiefs win was impressive but outside of that, they have beaten some bad teams with a 17 point come back against one and almost blowing a 22 point lead to another.

They have 4 losses, two of which were against bad teams (one without Chase) the other 2 were against the Cowboys and Ravens which are playoff teams. 

I'm not saying that the Bengals are bad. They are a very good football team with a great QB and a lot of explosive players, but outside of the Chiefs, they haven't really beaten anyone noteworthy and have lost games they should have won. It's going to be a very hard fought game Monday night. But just something to point out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

We have Josh Allen and they don't 

The best 5 QB's in the NFL and rank them anyway you want are Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts. If Allen is better then Burrow its not by much. That is not an insult at Josh as its more of Burrow is also really good. 

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The best 5 QB's in the NFL and rank them anyway you want are Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts. If Allen is better then Burrow its not by much. That is not an insult at Josh as its more of Burrow is also really good. 

There is a massive gap between mahomes/Allen and everyone else and the betting odds reflect that. Bills chiefs have been the favorites in the conference all year despite the bengals having by far the best team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Process said:

There is a massive gap between mahomes/Allen and everyone else and the betting odds reflect that. Bills chiefs have been the favorites in the conference all year despite the bengals having by far the best team. 

I wouldn't call it a massive gap. Burrow, Herbert, Hurts are on the level or at least close to the level of Mahomes and Allen. IMHO.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So I believe this thinking happens for a couple of reasons. The first is they have convinced themselves that if they think the team is bad, then if the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl they can handle the disappointment better in their own minds.

The second reason is the more likely reason-the good old “I told you so”. They say the Bills have such and such problems, if the Bills lose and the season ends they get to spend all offseason saying “I told you so” as if that’s some sort of victory.

In both cases it’s a win win for them. Either their scenario comes true or the Bills win everything. It’s a pretty sad way to be a fan 

They are extremely weak minded, fragile people who probably were not mature/old enough to experience the Super Bowl years and therefore cannot appreciate how good this current iteration of our franchise really is. We are on the precipice of establishing a dynasty that will be strong and dominant for years to come.

I just ignore the ankle biters and zone them out, and just enjoy the ride. Good stuff like this does not come around every day. 😎

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Their starting RT, La'el Collins is done for the year with a torn ACL and MCL...could cause issues for them...their OLine was not a strength to begin with.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Our pass rush better show up big time in this game 

I’m hoping for a career day for Groot! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don’t think Herbert belongs in the discussion yet. It’s a results based league and he doesn’t have the results. He has the stats but not the results 

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I don’t think Herbert belongs in the discussion yet. It’s a results based league and he doesn’t have the results. He has the stats but not the results 

Fair point. But the talent is there. It's pretty obvious that Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts are on a different level then the rest of the QB's in this league.

Said this a few weeks ago, but IMO Bengals have the better roster. It’s not but much, but it’s they’re more talented. 

Bills don’t have a good answer for individual matchups in WR vs DB. This will be a heavy zone game, which I think gives the current Tre, Elam and Taron Johnson the best opportunity for success.  Gonna be a game that’ll be frustrating between the 20s, but hopefully one in which the Bengals average run game gets them FGs rather than TDs in the RZ. 

Offensively, not gonna be big plays to be had. Cinncy has two excellent safeties, so they need to work the short to intermediate pass game and run game. But the bengals have a pretty good front 7.

Ultimately I think the Bills win this because having Josh Allen makes them the better team, inspite of a talent disadvantage along the rosters 

I am not going to create a new thread about Nick Wright.

He's seriously p-----g me off because I have to see his ugly mug instead of Colin today, and of course he is saying that Mahomes locked up the MVP, big surprise there.

I'm tired of the whole Chiefs hype train and I think it's high time the Bills shut him the hell up once and for all and win next week on MNF. The best thing we have going for us is that Josh is a beast during primetime games, and this one is probably the biggest regular season one he has ever played in because it not only gives us a great shot at the #1 seed which means games at Orchard Park, but it means that Josh would have beaten the two best QBs in the NFL in their building.

I'm ready to lock this #1 seed down, shut Nick Wright up, and win the whole damn thing.

GO BILLS!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Burrow can obviously beat Mahomes and he can beat Allen.  He’s likely QB3 in the NFL… but the gap between Allen/Mahomes and Burrow is big.  

My opinion on that doesn’t change one bit if Burrow lights us up.  

He has ELITE playmakers everywhere.  WR1 elite, WR2 elite, WR3 elite for their respective roles.  Not even Miami or Philly goes 3 deep like they do with Chase, Higgins and Boyd. 

Still, go back and watch last years playoffs.   Bills lost to chiefs despite Allen being quite literally unstoppable.  Bengals rode to the Super Bowl with their defense and their FG kicker driving the bus .. Burrow was a passenger along for the ride.  

He’s elite, yes.  He can’t take over a game like Allen or Mahomes.  He doesn’t have the mobility to do so.   He’s not a statue, but if plays break down, he doesn’t have the ballerina skills of Mahomes or brute force and speed of Allen.  

He can also be beat.  Watching Allen and Mahomes, one gets the sense at times that only they can beat themselves.  Burrow can be slowed down. 

All 3 are elite passers.  The mobility is what separates Allen & Mahomes, along with their ability to accurately hit any spot on the field while moving. 

Edited by SCBills

12 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am not going to create a new thread about Nick Wright.

He's seriously p-----g me off because I have to see his ugly mug instead of Colin today, and of course he is saying that Mahomes locked up the MVP, big surprise there.

I'm tired of the whole Chiefs hype train and I think it's high time the Bills shut him the hell up once and for all and win next week on MNF. The best thing we have going for us is that Josh is a beast during primetime games, and this one is probably the biggest regular season one he has ever played in because it not only gives us a great shot at the #1 seed which means games at Orchard Park, but it means that Josh would have beaten the two best QBs in the NFL in their building.

I'm ready to lock this #1 seed down, shut Nick Wright up, and win the whole damn thing.

GO BILLS!

Josh's hype man should fight Mahomes hype man. I like  Kyle "Angry Runs" Brandt's chances of TKO-ing Nick "The Whiner" Wright in round 1.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

In my opinion this will come down to Bills ability to stop on them on 3 and long. 

Agreed.  That, and limiting their own mistakes which largely comes down to Josh taking what the defense gives them.   

It was said up thread, but this game is critical!  If we lose, the road to the SuperBowl becomes measurably more difficult, not only because they play an extra game, but the teams the face in each round are tougher.   

For a team thats been through so much, it seems, to get 6 straight wins; i hate to say it but this week is gonna be tougher.  Hoping they have a good week of rest and preparation. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

If our beloved Buffalo Bills do win the Super Bowl, perhaps we'll look back at this game against the Bengals as the most challenging hurdle. Just sayin' 

Yep, in some ways, this game is the first playoff game of the year for both of these teams.....it’s gonna be a good one!

Go Bills!!

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.