NFL Week # 16 - Around the NFL - Playoff seeding special - Seattle at KC

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I smell an upset. Maybe just wishful thinking, but Seattle’s season is on the line. The damn Texans took KC to overtime so anything is possible. 

And Denver nearly came back from 27-0 to beat them the week before. KC hasn't been playing its best ball of late. Hopefully that continues and they get the L today.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

And Denver nearly came back from 27-0 to beat them the week before. KC hasn't been playing its best ball of late. Hopefully that continues and they get the L today.

Maybe they are saving good plays for competition and letting players who need it get experience until they stop practicing and winning?

Maybe they will try to beat the Vikings comeback record today.

Maybes are like anonymous sources - made up.

I mean it’s not a bad take. It’s one where I don’t want to be true. But the stats don’t lie. 

I don’t think it’s his elbow. He threw that dime to diggs lions at end of game. and had a really good mvp type game against pats.

but other than that. He’s been inaccurate , too many brain farts, not taking the open guy/ check down, too many turnovers and just mediocre as a passer. 

now I know he’s the mvp and come playoffs hopefully he looks like last year. But my reasons for his bad play are the OL is dismal and the weather. I think it’s more the constant pressure and if he makes a bad mistake early it seems to rattle him the rest of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, balln said:

I mean it’s not a bad take. It’s one where I don’t want to be true. But the stats don’t lie. 

I don’t think it’s his elbow. He threw that dime to diggs lions at end of game. and had a really good mvp type game against pats.

but other than that. He’s been inaccurate , too many brain farts, not taking the open guy/ check down, too many turnovers and just mediocre as a passer. 

now I know he’s the mvp and come playoffs hopefully he looks like last year. But my reasons for his bad play are the OL is dismal and the weather. I think it’s more the constant pressure and if he makes a bad mistake early it seems to rattle him the rest of the game. 

The stats lie when they don’t include rushing stats or the same

stats Mahomes is tied with Allen in lol.

Wright is right that at times Josh has looked too 8-10 instead of top 2. But it’s TV, he can’t say that, so he says “one of the worst” or “below average.”

Just now, balln said:

He...had a really good mvp type game against pats.

Yeah, this is one time where Wright gets it right.  Josh has been pretty mediocre as a passer since the Chiefs game.  I was hoping the Pats game was the lightbulb coming back on moment for Josh, but he's seemed to regress again against the Jets and Bears (mostly, very good-to-great against the Phins).  He's just making way too many mental mistakes, rookie type errors, that I really didn't expect to see at this point in his career.  I also think his fundamentals and footwork have gotten really sloppy.  I still love the guy and believe he can win us a Super Bowl this year.  The one thing he's been able to do this year is bring his A game against the biggest and best competition when the lights are shining the brightest.  That's what sustains my hope for the postseason. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, this is one time where Wright gets it right.  He's just making way too many mental mistakes, rookie type errors, that I really didn't expect to see at this point in his career.  I also think his fundamentals and footwork have gotten really sloppy.  

The OL and pressure has been the worst I’ve seen since his rookie year. So there ya go. Some analysis / film guy said Allen is leaving the pocket on a lot of plays early. 

it’s unbelievable how bad saffold is. You can pretty watch any negative play for the bills and trace it back to him. 

it’s been disappointing Spencer brown hasn’t leveled up 

edit

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/08/pro-football-focus-buffalo-bills-offensive-line-dion-dawkins-mitch-morse/

Grades back it up. Saffolds 43 is unbelievable. Unbelievable 

Edited by balln

Nick's blind homerism bias towards the Chiefs along with his vitriol towards Allen and the Bills makes me want vomit at times. BUT, the root of his takes are usually spot on. I died a little inside writing that FYI.

I love Josh, and wouldn't trade him for the world, but Josh needs to play, not necessarily better, but just more consistently. His interceptions mostley have been brutal throws he should have never made. He often ignores the check downs even when he does have time in the pocket. The "arm arrogance" is a gift and a curse. That pass to cook at then of the half vs Miami should have never happened...I'll take it of course, but GD Allen. 

He needs closer to last years playoff performances to manifest from here on out to reach the promised land IMHO. - Hopefully guys are catching the ball

Edited by 716
Sp.
  • Agree 1

Chiefs fans are so sensitive when it comes to anything questioning mahomes as the greatest qb past present and future.... 

I heard so much about some great mahomes run from this weekend...holy cow....I mean he stretched out!!! Did you see that?!?!?!

Edited by TH3

It is clear that part of his role is to be the heel to Bills fans, "life choices that lead me to be a Bills fan..."

But that doesn't mean he is wrong. 

Allen has been out of sync for a good portion of the season. It just feels like he is either taking home run shots over and over again that put us in third and long, refusing to look at anybody other than Diggs, or he is forcing this unnatural and jerky short game and the offense is not in rhythm.

There was a throw that was called back on a penalty anyways where Allen throws the ball into double coverage instead of looking to his right where Shakir could have hopscotched to the end zone. That just seems to encapsulate our offense the last 2 months. 

I do think involving Knox and the RB's the last few weeks have been good for him and the team.

11 minutes ago, balln said:

I don't need Nick Wright to tell us anything as the bolded part above says a lot.  Throw in a new OC and that some of us said early on we are just not that good at WR and that is enough.

Although I don't listen or watch the guy I would be curious on his takes of why his Queefs couldn't beat a dismal Colts team or why there was a struggle against, and no hyperbole or exaggeration here, the NFL's worst team in the Texans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nick Wright genuinely knows less about football, and says less interesting things about it, than most of my friends or most of the posters here. That's a huge part of why he chooses this particular character to play 

I'll echo others and say stop clicking on his stuff, he doesn't deserve it

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, balln said:

The number 1 reason for his slightly "off" season is the OL. Honorable mention goes to his elbow and the fact that without a consistent run game he's forced into more hero ball.  I'm telling you if McB would finally surround Josh with great olineman, his numbers (mvp) would skyrocket. 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The number 1 reason for his slightly "off" season is the OL. Honorable mention goes to his elbow and the fact that without a consistent run game he's forced into more hero ball.  I'm telling you if McB would finally surround Josh with great olineman, his numbers (mvp) would skyrocket. 

Yea - what was their OL at end of the year ? Dion bates Morse Williams brown? 

took a while / jags game / to figure it out. But that combo was above average. 

Also Tommy

doyle I think is missed.

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

Why watch or post his videos? I’m not a fan of him either but there is something true in his words. 
That said josh will never throw others under the bus or make excuses but:

-poor Oline play and oft injured olinmen

-most drop passes in the league

-injured elbow

-lack of real run game( except as of late)

- new OC 

- weather!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s making a simple argument. I don’t understand why he leaves out rushing stats?

But passing wise, sure Allen hasn’t been sharp the last couple months. But we did this last year. I think he made the same video.

Sure you do. It flies in the face of his pre-determined conclusion. If he was to take the whole picture into consideration he'd either have to stop his schtick or he'd look like a complete ass.

22 minutes ago, balln said:

The OL and pressure has been the worst I’ve seen since his rookie year. So there ya go. Some analysis / film guy said Allen is leaving the pocket on a lot of plays early. 

it’s unbelievable how bad saffold is. You can pretty watch any negative play for the bills and trace it back to him. 

it’s been disappointing Spencer brown hasn’t leveled up 

edit

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/08/pro-football-focus-buffalo-bills-offensive-line-dion-dawkins-mitch-morse/

Grades back it up. Saffolds 43 is unbelievable. Unbelievable 

Saffold and Spencer have played poorly. Our depth with guys like Quessenberry and Van R has been very disappointing. Dawkins and Morse have missed games. We've said this for 5 years. This OL desperately needs upgrading. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.