Pro bowl Bills

The Wiz

44 minutes ago, Dave_Bills said:

How is Saffold anywhere near this list?

Because the pro bowl is a popularity contest by players and they know his past successes.  It’s why every year I mention getting the 1st and 2nd team all pro are legitimate honors.  Just like MVP, ROY defensive and offensive, and DPOY and OPOY.  Those are the Crown Jewels.

These things and top 100 are meaningless.

Milano not getting it is all the proof you need.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

So the pro bowl outside LBs are: Matt Judon, Khalil Mack, TJ Watt. All these guys play almost like hybrid DEs & have more sacks but less tackles & interceptions than Milano. It's almost like they value that position as an extra DE & don't value it as an extra coverage spot (which is more Milanos game). TJ Watt hasn't even played a large chunk of the season, I really don't see how he's in based on anything other than reputation.

& How Saffold even gets mentioned? Again it's reputation being more important than performance.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Matt Judon, Khalil Mack, TJ Watt. All these guys play almost like hybrid DEs & have more sacks but less tackles & interceptions than Milano. It's almost like they value that position as an extra DE & don't value it as an extra coverage spot (which is more Milanos game). TJ Watt hasn't even played a large chunk of the season, I really don't see how he's in on anything other than reputation.

& How Saffold even gets mentioned? Again it's reputation being more important than performance.

I'd take Milano over journeyman Mack any Sunday, Monday, Thursday (and Saturday).

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I'm not disagreeing with the three they picked but it does kind of make the fan vote meaningless.

isn't it 1/3 fans 1/3 players 1/3 press/analysts? Or am I thinking of something else? 

If it is then fans aren't meaningless, just pushed out by the other two.

12 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Oliver is hopefully accepting a friendly contract that hooks him up but doesn't nerf the team?

He’s a bust for where he was drafted. He’s a pass rushing DT. 

he’s in 4th year and has 13.5 career sacks. 

and has 1.5 sacks this year

NOT good enough 

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

How is the leading scorer in the NFL not a probowler?  With already 2 game winning kicks this year?  Also, wtf is with Milano not making it?

100% agree on both things you mentioned and was going to post something similar until I saw your post.

Unbelievable neither made it. Oliver as a 4th alt. is criminal also. Hopefully there's some Bills players a little pissed about this and are looking to show they were wrongly passed up.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, hemma said:

Bass leads the league in scoring.

Credibility problems.

Reputation does have an effect especially with special teams, Justin Tucker is essentially HOF at the position hard to pass that, I am curious who #2 is though, not sure he wouldn't have gotten the top spot in the NFC.

Allen and Poyer were snubbed last year so glad to see they got in.  Happy for Morse.

As for the selection process....the same people who select the All Pro teams should also decide the Pro Bowlers.  Fans are idiots (see Tua).  Savvy players will try to bump up their peers fifth year option (see Edmunds and Lamar last year).  Coaches have enough to do during the season and pry just chooses the most recognizable names to get it over with which could be why R. Smith and Mosley got in ahead of Milano.

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

For your reading pleasure, check the replies.

NFL fans are funny.

There were lots of people who thought Tua, Herbert, and Fields should have gotten a pro bowl nod. OK.

But then there were actually multiple replies saying that Mac Jones got robbed not getting voted to the Pro Bowl. And I even saw one saying Zac Wilson should be in. Am I mistaken, or did both of those QBs get benched this season. How could you really think that guys getting benched by their own teams deserve the Pro Bowl over players like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert. Even saw one calling for Brock Purdy...the guy has played what 3 games?

Either people were trying to be funny, or NFL fans really have distorted views of their own teams/players.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 947 said:

They really should make a Pass Rusher category separate from LB. Judon & Mack are not really Linebackers.

Yep the OLB category are all edge rushers, more of light DEs than OLBs. All good players, but I wouldn't consider them OLB.

Also working against any LB in the Bills system is they play Nickel LB. Are they technically ILB or OLB?

As the league moves to passing and more defensive coverage in nickel and dime concepts, maybe a category will be added for that?

Either way Milano is a stud and a highly rated alternate.

Hopefully it is all a mute point as the Bills are off taking care of business

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.