Mitch Morse December 2022 Concussion

PSUBB86

I feel like this deserves its own thread, given his importance to the OLine, and offense overall. 

This is concussion #6. At what point does he hang it up? Could it be… now?

I so hope he is healthy, fully cleared, and able to return soon. 

Edited by PSUBB86
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

• Simon changed the title to The Mitch Morse Thread
4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Would not be surprised to see him go to IR. 

last time he had a concussion he was out for like three weeks I believe 

Well….he missed 1 game in “concussion protocol”.  Then he was cleared, but a “healthy scratch” for the following game.

Opinions varied as to why: did they want to give Feliciano another start, or be cautious with Morse?

I don’t think he goes to IR, but you never know.

10 minutes ago, PSUBB86 said:

I feel like this deserves its own thread, given his importance to the OLine, and offense overall. 

This is concussion #6. At what point does he hang it up? Could it be… now?

I so hope he is healthy, fully cleared, and able to return soon. 

getting Bates back will be huge and hopefully Ike as well(remains to be seen if he can play)

Bates will be key at C imo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Rest up and miss Chicago. 9 days between Bears and Bengals. Thats 16 days total. Hopefully he's healthy by then. This late in the season football is a war of attrition as much as execution.

Health is key and the Bills don't have anymore injuries to spare to key players with Hyde and Von already done. 

Credit to the Chiefs. Outside the year where their oline was torn apart against Tampa in the Superbowl, they've always been a healthy roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I feel bad for Morse. Outside of Josh, Mitch is the unsung hero and MVP of this offense. When he goes down, all hell breaks loose on the O-line and Josh is running for his life. The middle of the field goes dead for us. Every time I see the Quessenberry turnstile or Van Rotten on the field, my nerves take a hit and all the Billsy plays of the last 50 years come rushing into my head. 

We gutted this one out and Josh played great, but we need Mitch for the playoffs or all bets are off against a good front 4. Get well soon Mitch!

• Agree 1

Concussion protocol doesn’t necessarily mean concussed.

His injury history is not in his favor, but I wouldn’t be so fast to write him off for weeks at a time until they can accurately diagnose and look at him as time progresses.

Plenty of guys are removed into the protocol and play the following week. Mitch Morse isn’t exactly “plenty of guys” in terms of his position and concussion history, but we’ll see 

15 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Should have drafted Humphrey instead of Basham

FIFY. Humphrey was a superior IOL to Linderbaum and was available a year earlier at the end of round 2. He’s now one of the best centers in the game, if not the best. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Trock said:

Play him. Concussions are no big deal. 

If you ask McDaniel, sure. He caught zero flak for his decision to let Tua back in. People got fired instead of him being questioned. Even now, the first thing out of anyone’s mouth is the NFLPA this or the Union bargained neurologist that. Hell, LeBatard criticized NFL fandom rather than whisper anything about the coaches accountability. It was ultimately up to him, and he lucked out because Tua’s brain didn’t swell. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.