I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

It feels off because most would have guessed those three losses would have been some combination of the Rams, Ravens, Chiefs, and Titans.  To beat all those teams and lose two division games and then to lose the MInn game the way they did feels unsettling. 

It also feels off because we can all see JA is not playing lights out football.  If he plays this way against KC or Cinci the Bills likely lose.  Cinci defense is every bit as good as the Jets.  At this point I would rather face KC on the road than Cinci at home.  

All that said, we must put all our faith in Josh.  He is the only reason they have a shot at the SuperBowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, what’s up with that? It’s been going on for some time now, the D plays really well, except on 3rd downs, it’s becoming a running joke, Is this on the players or the coaches or what? 

GO BILLS!!!

Frazier / McD are allergic to taking any risk to create pass rush. That’s a problem without Von Miller on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

feelings in this case are vastly overrated. The scoreboard is all that matters in the end. Ugly wins are still wins

If you need a counter point just imagine how you'd feel if it were 3-10 instead. That should cheer you up eh?

perspective.

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Take a look at SF & Philly this week.  KC took care of business on the road and Cincy controlled Cleveland.

If Allen had 3 interceptions in a 6-point win against a 3-9 (now 3-10) team, this board would be just as upset.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Frazier / McD are allergic to taking any risk to create pass rush. That’s a problem without Von Miller on the field. 

Agree we should have been blitzing the jets on every passing play !!! 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This team was the pre-season SB favourites.  After two weeks, 17-0 seemed doable as the Bills punter was the loneliest player in football.  A bad loss to Miami, but then even though they played bad, when push came to shove they beat Baltimore and then prior to the bye, really were the better team vs. KC.

Since the bye and halftime vs. GB they've sputtered. 

Take a look at SF & Philly this week.  KC took care of business on the road and Cincy controlled Cleveland.

What did the Bills do?  5 straight punts vs. NYJ and then when they could have closed out the game looked lost.

10-3 and still in the drivers seat, but no one is excited right now, which may not be a terrible thing.

How many times have us fans said "Next week"?     

Plenty here are very good at that!!!!!😉

I give the 49'ers & Eagles credit today, but look at who they were playing. An overrated Buccaneers team with zero leadership, and a Giants team that is finally coming down to Earth.

Kansas City took care of business on the road.....against the DENVER BRONCOS!!! Have you not seen the Broncos this year? This was not the Mike Shanahan/John Elway lead Broncos. And the Chiefs gave up 28 points to them!

As for the Bengals, they are hot. They should've controlled the Browns.

I don't see how this point pertains to the Bills. The Bills won in unspectacular fashion against a tough Jets team, and that is good.

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

10-3 would feel better if the goal, standard, and (inflated) expectation wasn’t the Super Bowl.

didn't realize you win the SB in December?

Currently the #1 seed and control our own destiny. I'll take that all day every day.

Every team has flaws this time of year, and there is roughly a quarter season to go b4 playoffs....alot can happen between now and then for all teams.

1 game at a time, and see where things are at come playoffs

Just now, Putin said:

Agree we should have been blitzing the jets on every passing play !!! 

Not exactly , but White is far less effective off script. He took some shots today but third and long seemed like he had plenty of time. They’ll have to find a way and probably will have to lose some of their patented conservatism going forward. 

22 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

People are going to flame you for this but I feel the exact same way.  Josh hasnt played at an elite level since the KC game on October 16th.   McKenzie and Davis have played well below average and continue to drop passes in huge situations.      Being the 1 team in the AFC in week 14 means absolutely nothing.  Would anyone be surprised if both Miami and Cinci beat the Bills the next few weeks?  

• Like (+1) 1

Throwing picks has now taken priority in josh’s head over making tough throws. I’ve never seen him double and triple clutch the ball so much. The Minnesota overtime throw really hurt his psyche. I’d rather he let if fly and deal with a pick every now and then, instead of this safe stuff where wrs need to be college open for him to throw. 

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

All those losses were 3 points or less. Buffalo could’ve very well been undefeated at this point if not for the obvious meltdowns 

It's weird cuz this bills team is better than what we had a year ago. This is the thing I hate about all the off season hype and being the superbowl favorite. People get these expectations that the bills are gonna win every game by 30 points. You can pick any superbowl winning team over the last however many decades, and they had close, ugly games. I remember the 07 Patriots who almost lost to a really bad Ravens team that season. This is normal stuff people. I definitely think the bills have areas of need and areas where they have to improve though 

1 minute ago, DrW said:

If Allen had 3 interceptions in a 6-point win against a 3-9 (now 3-10) team, this board would be just as upset.

Mahommes did have 3 interceptions today and The Chiefs had to hold their breath as Denver almost pulled out a win after being down 3 scores.  And I read above an envious comment on how KC "took care of business" today.  And Bills D allows 10 points, almost maims the opposing QB with a vicious pass rush and you would think we gave up a 40 burger.

I think that we all get a bit too fixated on what it has to look like, and miss the bigger picture.  This was never going to be an easy game.  In difficult conditions we took care of the ball and got out with a W.  The other team, a very good team, cannot say the same.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Same.

Glad we are 10-3 but the way we are winning does not feel satisfying at all.

Dropping passes, missing tackles, numerous holding penalties… just not what you want to see as we get closer to the playoffs.

The way this game went is how majority of NFL games are won.  People got use to to boat races which was never gong to be sustainable in this league.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Lost said:

To be fair a lot of those 3rd and long converstions we had someone blitzing.

They very well may have , but I didn’t see a lot of creativity. I could be wrong but vs the better passers they’re going to see in the near future they have their work cut out for them. 

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

People are going to flame you for this but I feel the exact same way.  Josh hasnt played at an elite level since the KC game on October 16th.   McKenzie and Davis have played well below average and continue to drop passes in huge situations.      Being the 1 team in the AFC in week 14 means absolutely nothing.  Would anyone be surprised if both Miami and Cinci beat the Bills the next few weeks?  

I would. Bills will beat CInn for sure and 60/40 chance on beating the Dolphins.

Edited by Protocal69

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This team was the pre-season SB favourites.  After two weeks, 17-0 seemed doable as the Bills punter was the loneliest player in football.  A bad loss to Miami, but then even though they played bad, when push came to shove they beat Baltimore and then prior to the bye, really were the better team vs. KC.

Since the bye and halftime vs. GB they've sputtered. 

What did the Bills do?  5 straight punts vs. NYJ and then when they could have closed out the game looked lost.

10-3 and still in the drivers seat, but no one is excited right now, which may not be a terrible thing.

How many times have us fans said "Next week"?     

Plenty here are very good at that!!!!!😉

What in you're delusional mind thinks KC took care of business. Denver is way worse then the Jets. I mean come on I'm ok with some trolling but this post is absolutely ridiculous and should get you banned. It's not funny it's not cute, you're are purposely trying to rile people up. That's embarrassing man, if you are a grown adult and this is what you do to get you're kicks, I suggest finding something else...anything else to do.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

You have trepidation because you see them losing to Cinn or Miami. The best thing that came out of the last 4 games is they find ways to win tough one score games and their defense is starting to dominate without Miller. Rousseau, Oliver, Lawson are relentless. Edmunds, Milano and Poyer are playing great football and White is back. Wait until Josh gets a fast track. Things are looking up for this club.

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

Mahommes did have 3 interceptions today and The Chiefs had to hold their breath as Denver almost pulled out a win after being down 3 scores.  And I read above an envious comment on how KC "took care of business" today.  And Bills D allows 10 points, almost maims the opposing QB with a vicious pass rush and you would think we gave up a 40 burger.

I think that we all get a bit too fixated on what it has to look like, and miss the bigger picture.  This was never going to be an easy game.  In difficult conditions we took care of the ball and got out with a W.  The other team, a very good team, cannot say the same.

Isn’t it crazy what “taking care of business” apparently looks like? I guess since Mahomes threw for 300+ that’s good enough for some. Ignore they almost blew a game where they were up 27-0 to Denver-oh and did I mention the comeback was almost completed by their back up QB. I have to think KC fans aren’t feeling great about this win either…

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Imagine complaining and crying over a 10-3 record and being the #1 seed.  Give me an effing break

The fact that they are 10-3 because they are overcoming injury and "flaws" is commendable. How many team's fans would like to have our worries? 😁

• Like (+1) 1

It's because we've seen the ceiling of this team (end of last year and a couple games this year) and they don't play anywhere close to it most of the time. It's ugly football week in and week out recently. They have the talent to overcome a mountain of mistakes but sometimes easily winnable games like their 3 losses turn against them. 

Allen is missing reads and throws, receivers are constantly dropping passes, the defense can't stop giving up 3rd & longs to middling QBs, and Dorsey is seemingly way out of his depth. And oh yeah, everyone is either out of the lineup with an injury or playing through an injury. 

The good news is that they are talented enough to be 10-3 despite all of this and if they can figure it out in time for the playoffs then they could very well still win it all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

KC almost lost to the Denver Broncos, the absolute worst offense in football. No question. An awful, awful team that's far worse than the playoff Jets.

Ridiculously lazy trolling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Stay away from this board and your attitude will probably change

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, what’s up with that? It’s been going on for some time now, the D plays really well, except on 3rd downs, it’s becoming a running joke, Is this on the players or the coaches or what? 

GO BILLS!!!

FRAZIER. 

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I would. Bills will beat CInn for sure and 60/40 chance on beating the Dolphins.

If Josh and the wideouts don't start playing like they did the first half of the season again I think its more likely they lose two of four and end up the 5th seed than winning out and ending up the 1st seed.   

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

KC almost lost to the Denver Broncos, the absolute worst offense in football. No question. An awful, awful team that's far worse than the playoff Jets.

Ridiculously lazy trolling.

Cincinnati was also quite lucky today….Browns made a ton of stupids

Most Bills fans want to see the Buffalo offense playing like the early 2022 Buffalo Bills that beat the SB Champs 31-10 or beat the last seasons AFC top seed team Titans, 41-7. 

Currently, Buffalo is taking what the opposing offense gives them and playing tough, smart more conservative football. Less turnovers! 

The Buffalo defense has been hammered with injuries all season long too.

The Bills still play Miami, @ Chicago, @ Cincy and NE. That #1 seed is still up in the air... so Bills fans have a right to feel nervous.

The Chargers beating the smelly fish tonight would help alleviate some of that nervousness! 

Go Bills!

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes, I’d be absolutely blown away if they lost twice and moderately surprised if they lost another game. This team does what they have to do to win. That is all they need.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not exactly , but White is far less effective off script. He took some shots today but third and long seemed like he had plenty of time. They’ll have to find a way and probably will have to lose some of their patented conservatism going forward. 

It just seems like it’s the same game plan on defense week after regardless of who’s the QB , I guess I would like to see a more aggressive defense ,  it’s just pissing me off watching a QB ( on 3rd and long ) having 4-5 seconds in the pocket and making the throw ! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with the original poster. I don't feel nearly as good about the Bills as I did after the first 6.5 games of the season.

Particular areas of concern are:

• The loss of Von Miller which makes the defense look like last year's not-quite-good-enough unit.
  • The offensive line which doesn't create enough holes for the running game and doesn't protect JA well enough. 

From what I've seen of the Eagles they would be a very tough match. The Eagle's offense seems far more complete than the Bills'; IMO, the Eagles' offensive line is the league MVP.

Reasons for optimism beyond the obvious (JA):

As Tra'davious White rounds into shape, the defense could improve.

Having played by far the hardest schedule in the league, the Bills will go into the playoffs battle tested. 

57 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

80/20? It would and should be 100...10-3 is an incredible record in the AFC this year. There are so many good teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.