Why did Saleh continue to play White

FLBillsGuy

3 hours ago, Simon said:

My wife has developed an interest in football this year.

At one point in the second half she asked me if the Bills would be more careful when tackling Mike White if they knew his ribs were hurt. :lol:

She may lack killer instinct.....

Have you had kids yet?  There still may be time

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Saleh clearly wanted to win and White was their only hope.  The X-rays must not have shown anything broken.

I don't think Bills fans understand how much Saleh needs to make the playoffs. He talked big at the start of the year and if they miss the playoffs again.. it's going to get nasty for him especially without having a QB to sell their fans. 

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i heard him in an interview today, and he said he was fine.  he felt the typical monday bruises, but he said he picked his kid up from the crib, wrestled with them, etc.  that's impressive.

So he wasn't actually hurt and instead thought he was at a soccer game?

Typical jersey shore drama queen.........

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Flacco

What the hell happened to that guy? The drop off in 10 years was like falling off a 1000ft cliff. And why bother still playing? I get being a backup is easy when you have a bonafide starter but neither of those Jets Qbs (despite the hype for White) is any good. You will be thrust into the game at some point. Yesterday he couldn't have been too stoked to put into the game after seeing White shellacked like that!

19 hours ago, Malazan said:

I don't think Bills fans understand how much Saleh needs to make the playoffs. He talked big at the start of the year and if they miss the playoffs again.. it's going to get nasty for him especially without having a QB to sell their fans. 

He was plenty salty (Salehty?) at his post-game press conference.  He said "we'll see them again (this season)."  Good luck with that, Robby.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

i heard him in an interview today, and he said he was fine.  he felt the typical monday bruises, but he said he picked his kid up from the crib, wrestled with them, etc.  that's impressive.

If you can’t beat a kid who sleeps in a crib, you got real problems.  I’m not a pro athlete, but I was 56-0-1 against my kids at that age. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If you can’t beat a kid who sleeps in a crib, you got real problems.  I’m not a pro athlete, but I was 56-0-1 against my kids at that age. 

We want to hear about the draw.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

We want to hear about the draw.....

I dance around like I always do.  Head tap, feint, head tap, feint, drop in to shoot the legs and get caught in a cement mixer.  I was up 5-0, get caught in a 5 point move, time runs out.  My daughter looked so cute in her pjs, I lost focus.  Frigging tele-tubbies. 

On the other hand a tie is almost like everybody winning.  

• Haha (+1) 3

On 12/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, Ralonzo said:

The knock on White according to Jets fans was durability. I think Romo was spot on here, he needed to show that he's not Chris Chandler.

Yeah but in fairness........ol' "Crystal Chandelier" would have been great in the modern NFL.

Mike White's day yesterday would literally have been a low contact day for a QB throwing upwards of 30 passes in a game in 1990.

The fact is that discretion is the better part of valor...........and IMO Mike White is the type of QB who relishes the opportunity to stand in and take a hit as he flings a pass up for grabs and then writhe around or play dead after said hit.    When that guy gets hot he looks great and gets a mountain of credit.   Hard to win with a QB like that though.           

• Awesome! (+1) 1

At the end of each year, how many active Bills have surgery? Then re-ask this question of Bills management. At the end of this season it will likely guys like Poyer, Gabe, Elam, Phillips, Morse, maybe Josh. 

Edited by Locomark

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but in fairness........ol' "Crystal Chandelier" would have been great in the modern NFL.

Mike White's day yesterday would literally have been a low contact day for a QB throwing upwards of 30 passes in a game in 1990.

The fact is that discretion is the better part of valor...........and IMO Mike White is the type of QB who relishes the opportunity to stand in and take a hit as he flings a pass up for grabs and then writhe around or play dead after said hit.    When that guy gets hot he looks great and gets a mountain of credit.   Hard to win with a QB like that though.           

He would probably be a Drew Brees quality star, or at least something approaching that. Chandler was a great quarterback who got beat like a drum (after letting go of beautiful, accurate passes) in virtually every game in which he played.

With the new rules he might have played until 40.

13 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

What the hell happened to that guy? The drop off in 10 years was like falling off a 1000ft cliff. And why bother still playing? I get being a backup is easy when you have a bonafide starter but neither of those Jets Qbs (despite the hype for White) is any good. You will be thrust into the game at some point. Yesterday he couldn't have been too stoked to put into the game after seeing White shellacked like that!

Players get old.  When Jim Kelly was Flacco's age he was retired.  

On 12/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Simon said:

My wife has developed an interest in football this year.

At one point in the second half she asked me if the Bills would be more careful when tackling Mike White if they knew his ribs were hurt. :lol:

She may lack killer instinct.....

The woman should be sainted for her kindness and for putting up with you :D 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, teef said:

If he were in Buffalo, saying "he's fine" would guarantee he's about to miss at least a couple weeks.

You never want to hear those words from our players.

43 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Players get old.  When Jim Kelly was Flacco's age he was retired.  

Kelly was still performing at reasonably good level in 1996 but obviously had fallen off from his best. He was much slower and inaccurate in that last season but still far superior to Flacco. I guess what it comes down to it for me is that I respected Kelly for walking away from the game after the injury in that playoff loss. (I was actually at that game and my heart sank at that moment). Kelly knew he was done and wouldnt accept being a mediocre backup to anyone (let alone Todd Collins) whereas Flacco quite happily accepts the paycheque. Who knows maybe Flacco enjoys being a mentor?

Great news for the Lions, who are still looking to make the playoffs.   The Lions have a potent offense, so they should be able to score some despite the Jests' good D.   I doubt that the Jests under Wilson can outscore them.

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

So he was fine to continue playing but he cant be medically cleared to play next week due to rib injuries from previous game. He never should have been put back in

So... What if we're playing the chiefs again for our playoff life and Josh gets banged up. Not a head injury but something he "can play through" like those mikewhite ribs.

The Bills probably let him back in the game to get the W. And the fans are fine with it.

Sometimes I think people lose perspective that these guys are playing for their career. Someone like Mike white might not get other chances, and this is his time to provide for his future/family. These dudes are willing to risk it for the (proverbial) biscuit and it's not like it's just sports. There are millions every day that go to their construction jobs or something else physical- these people are literally trading in their bodies to support their families.

And now Mike white is out this Sunday. What if Wilson lights it up and takes back the job? White made himself some money and would probably get a chance to at least compete on another team, a chance he may not have gotten had he not played through the pain in Buffalo. 

Sacrifice is life. And I gained so much respect for Mike White on Sunday. Heart. Will. Determination. That's what it takes. Kudos to the kid for his mental and physical toughness.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

So... What if we're playing the chiefs again for our playoff life and Josh gets banged up. Not a head injury but something he "can play through" like those mikewhite ribs.

The Bills probably let him back in the game to get the W. And the fans are fine with it.

Sometimes I think people lose perspective that these guys are playing for their career. Someone like Mike white might not get other chances, and this is his time to provide for his future/family. These dudes are willing to risk it for the (proverbial) biscuit and it's not like it's just sports. There are millions every day that go to their construction jobs or something else physical- these people are literally trading in their bodies to support their families.

And now Mike white is out this Sunday. What if Wilson lights it up and takes back the job? White made himself some money and would probably get a chance to at least compete on another team, a chance he may not have gotten had he not played through the pain in Buffalo. 

Sacrifice is life. And I gained so much respect for Mike White on Sunday. Heart. Will. Determination. That's what it takes. Kudos to the kid for his mental and physical toughness.

I agree with all this.

That’s why it’s the job of the coach/staff/NFL to protect players from themselves

Fish McD had the biggest fail putting Tua back in with a big assist from the NFL. That was outright disgusting.

Saleh failed allowing White to go back in. After that Milano hit he should have stayed on the bench. 2 coaches more concerned with W’s than their player’s health

On 12/11/2022 at 5:07 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Because the dude is a baller. As Romo

also pointed out, he is playing for his career every week. Last thing he can afford is to be knocked out and have Wilson get his job back. 

That’s it.  He has a unique opportunity to play his win into being the starter and possibly compete next training camp for the job.  His teammates love him and he created even more endearment by his peers when he kept grueling it out as our guys were just legally teeing off on him.

Saleh learned his QB in White demonstrated leadership and toughness so sorely lacking by Wilson who will be shown the door most likely after the season.  The Jets may draft or look for an experienced QB is on the market, but White could end up as the real deal.

I have to say I watched that game and gained a tremendous amount of respect for him.  Jets fans should be happy for him coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.