Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

There goes Wilson being my fantasy back.

I have E. Mitchell and then added J. Wilson when he got hurt.  Time to check out the waiver wire.  With McCaffrey’s injury history, I’m sure they’ll keep both Mitchell and Wilson, at least for this year, but they likely won’t get many touches.

McCafferey is undoubtably a huge talent. Based on his injury history, salary and the cost to get him I am plenty happy the Bills didn’t grab him.

If healthy, he could help whatever team he landed with.  The Bills though have many talented players and not sure where he would fit in without taking the ball from someone else.   Surely didn’t want another Sanders getting the ball over Gabe.

Edited by davefan66

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Brandon Beane is my Grinch!! He never let me have my toys!! 

Well there’s always Bijan! 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

They shouldn’t worry about the rams.  Their season is over 

49ers were already a good team, this makes them a lot harder to beat. CMC and Deebo?! I wish we had that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

I have E. Mitchell and then added J. Wilson when he got hurt.  Time to check out the waiver wire.  With McCaffrey’s injury history, I’m sure they’ll keep both Mitchell and Wilson, at least for this year, but they likely won’t get many touches.

I have CMC and Deebo...and now they're both in the same offense. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Will they just steal points from each other.... might need to make a trade.

The only thing the CMC talks revealed for me is how absolutely clueless some fans are outside of Bills football. 

Anyone that doesn't want CMC due to the cost for an injury prone player, 100% valid. 

However, the minority of fans that tried to claim Singletary is just as good, better,  or CMC isn't very good is laughable. Some people are just so out to lunch and clueless about football outside of Buffalo. Same thing that used to be said about Pats fans here.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well there’s always Bijan! 

49ers were already a good team, this makes them a lot harder to beat. CMC and Deebo?! I wish we had that. 

They lost to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons and their schedule is much tougher the remainder of the season.  7-9 of their remaining games they will be underdogs or a pick game.  They gave up 2/3 of their draft and it’s probable they miss the payoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is a terrible, nonsensical trade.  Shanahan's system is known for churning out good RBs and rushing production, so why trade all those assets for an injured RB?

This would be like the president of Thailand importing hookers or something like that.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, harryS said:

This is a terrible, nonsensical trade.  Shanahan's system is known for churning out good RBs and rushing production, so why trade all those assets for an injured RB?

This would be like the president of Thailand importing hookers or something like that.

Cause they're gonna play him at QB. 

denzel washington checkers GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

I like CMC, buts let’s be real.  

he does have cap issues which aren’t as illusory as some feel cap issues are and we have pretty darn good guys we need to sign.

...and most importantly a 2nd, 3rd, 4th in 23 and 5th in 24 takes away three guys in 23 from the Bills that you know would heavily contribute to this team.

• Disagree 1

I honestly think that was a good trade for the 49ers. I would’ve gladly given up a second rounder and James Cook for Christian McCaffrey and that would’ve probably been about equal compensation to what the 49ers gave up. I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the Super Bowl this year against us but that is also because NFC is just not as scary as our AFC. Go bills

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Lol the 49ers are incredibly dumb. This might be the worst trade I've ever seen. In 2023 they now have two 3rds, a 5th and a 7th. With no franchise QB to build around. Unbelievably awful team building strategy.

Did you see the trade they made to move up for a QB in the draft, before knowing who would be there?  THAT was dumb.

Imo, this is a HUGE get for the 49ers. Shanahan is going to have a field day scheming up his offense now with Deebo, CMC, Kittle, and Aiyuk. It's actually a perfect landing spot for CMC. The 49ers just made a move that should land them the NFCW and make them serious contenders in the NFC to get to the SB. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Imo, this is a HUGE get for the 49ers. Shanahan is going to have a field day scheming up his offense now with Deebo, CMC, Kittle, and Aiyuk. It's actually a perfect landing spot for CMC. The 49ers just made a move that should land them the NFCW and make them serious contenders in the NFC to get to the SB. 

I agree. Lots of us are focusing on what SF gave up. It was a lot to say the least. However, a healthy CMC makes SF much much better. 

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Maybe Chris Berman's dream SB will finally come true.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

They gave up way more for CMC than the Rams gave up for Von Miller.  Head scratcher.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the 49ers don’t even make the playoffs.  

The 49ers are probably the best team in the NFC when their defense gets healthy.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

This doesn't move the needle for me.  SF overpaid.  They still don't have a QB, and their best players are oft injured.  

Really? It moves the needle for sure. CMC is one of the most explosive RBs in the league. Shanahan and the SF scheme is one of the best situations for a dynamic RB like CMC. I mean no name RBs have done well there.

I get the Jimmy G discussion but look at what the 49ers did last year with him. Jimmy G isn't great but the SF system is built on defense and running the ball. Jimmy G is asked to make a few plays and pass like 20 to 25 times a game. 

For me, the biggest concern is whether CMC will be healthy. His history is concerning and the 49ers must feel the risk vs reward is worth it. Time will tell whether this move moves the needle. It's a bold aggressive move that I don't hate. I'm in the opinion that CMC moves the needle.

Edited by newcam2012

8 minutes ago, eball said:

The 49ers are probably the best team in the NFC when their defense gets healthy.

I agree. Their defense is really good. They are built like the good teams of the 90s. Play great defense and run the ball. The game has changed to a more dynamic faster paced passing game. However, the 49ers are a huge threat to win the NFC. This "old school" type of football can still win. This makes the 49ers dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I agree. Their defense is really good. They are built like the good teams of the 90s. Play great defense and run the ball. The game has changed to a more dynamic faster paced passing game. However, the 49ers are a huge threat to win the NFC. This "old school" type of football can still win. This makes the 49ers dangerous. 

It is but I don't think you can win a Super Bowl with Jimmy G.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

That's fair. I think the 49ers can win the Super Bowl based on their running game and defense. Jimmy G just has to make a few big plays and not turn over the ball. He won't be asked to carry the team. It's not the optimal way to play in today's evolution of football.  

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is a lazy, bad take. As soon as lance got hurt, I got on here and said the 49ers are going to the SB and  I bet the 49ers to win the SB. Jimmy isn’t a great qb but he’s the best person to run the Shanahan offense. Yes I think the bills are better but there’s no value in betting them to win the SB. I got the Niners at +2000 which was a stupid steal considering how awful the NFC is. Unless you trust Hurts to play well against that 49ers D, which I certainly don’t. Face it, it’s either us or KC against SF at this point unless Jimmy gets hurt too which he might. At least CMC didn’t go to KC but we will see him in February. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, eball said:

What are you basing this on?  They’ve played nobody and are still 3-3.  Their remaking schedule is brutal.  Only way I see them getting into the playoffs is winning their Division.  Rams might have something to say about that and if the Cardinals can get healthy they might contend as well.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.