Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

They gave up pretty much next years draft for an RB, that they will also have to now pay. You don't trade that then let him walk. An absolute hail Mary for a superbowl. And I didn't want to trade more than just a 3rd lol

A Jimmy G hailmary!

The plus's I see, SF will finish with a better record and the first they gave Miami will be a lower pick, he didn't go to KC and we didn't kill 3 of the middle rounds of our draft

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Puts them right there for a super Bowl run if that defense can get and stay healthy. Also, just have Jimmy G throw less than 20xs and hand off that rock. 

A team with medicore QB play is not a RB away from a Super Bowl run. It isn't the 1980s.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Everyone criticizing this would’ve praised Beane for making the same deal. Time to fixate on Beckham!

So, you are saying YOU would have praised Beane, if EVERYONE would. Right?  I'll tell you this, I was against trading for CMC.  I didn't think there was a chance in hell Beane would make that move.  But if Beane decided to do it, I'd have to at least give it a second thought and try to understand it. After all Beane knows a LOT more about this than I---or you.

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Sometimes the best move is the one you don't make.

This is a good trade for the Bills.

Damn right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

🤣🤣🤣

This is why the bills and chiefs didn't do this trade, great franchises don't sell an entire draft for a 26 year old RB AND pay massive extensions to RBs. But I respect the confidence the niners have, they obviously think they are an RB away from super bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Told you guys Beane wasnt trading for him.  Beane believes in building through the draft and remaining competitive every year.  Giving up multiple picks for a player we cant afford and doesnt help as much as you dream he would isnt what Beane does.

Beane would have pulled the trigger if the price was right. That's why he according to reports talked with Carolina. No way was Beane going to give up all those picks like the 49ers did. Your post states an accurate picture of why he won't. 

• Agree 1

Before this trade Carolina only had the following pics in 2023: All their own.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

The Pats have Carolina's 3rd and 6th (of course/ draft day trade and Gilmore), and the Jags have the 7th (Leviska Shenault)

2023 after the McCaffrey and Anderson trades:

1st (CAR), 2nd (CAR), 2nd (SF), 3rd (SF), 4th (CAR), 4th (SF), 5th (CAR)

Good job by Carolina GM to start stockpiling draft picks for the 2023 draft for the rebuild they need to do

7 picks in the top 5 rounds

They also added a 2024 5th (SF) and a 2024 6th (ARZ) for McAffrey and Anderson.

1st (CAR), 2nd (CAR), 3rd (CAR), 4th (CAR), 5th (TEN), 5th (SF), 6th (ARZ)

Mayfield will cost them a 4th or 5th in 2024 based on play time. Mayfield needs to play 70% of offensive snaps to become a 4th in 2024

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.