Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

That price is insane.  What are the Niners thinking?  It's not like he's going to be the piece to put them over the top. 

So glad our GM is smarter than this.  Could we use some reinforcements?  Yes.  But parting with that much for any RB is insane.

No clue. CMC has been injured a bit going to a team whose RBs are always always injured. What could go wrong here....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

F dem picks!! It's a Cali thing😎

I would have done a 2nd and that's it. If they wanted a 1, they would be paying a crap ton of money. No way I am giving up 2-4 this year and a 5 next year...

This next draft should have some real nice RB prospects and I would rather look there for a guy - this price is insane...

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

That price is lunacy! 

A 2, 3, and a 4 this year? Imo I'd rather have that than a 1. 3 lottery tickets vs 1

Just look at how many solid contributors Beane has drafted after round 2

Agree. Plus a 5 next year. 1st rounders make a lot more money, too.I wonder if CAR would have preferred 1 1st or that haul?

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually don’t think that was a lot for San Fran to give up. Maybe that’s because I was expecting someone might give up a first rounder. 

When they get knocked out of the playoffs again and then don't have anything to do in the draft tell that to their fans.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Told you guys Beane wasnt trading for him.  Beane believes in building through the draft and remaining competitive every year.  Giving up multiple picks for a player we cant afford and doesnt help as much as you dream he would isnt what Beane does.

Exactly. Giving up that much capital for a guy who’s only had 2 decent years out of the 6 years he’s been in the league

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.