Will Chris Jones get penalized for tripping play not called? Will Zebra?

Punching Bag

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Nothing will happen. 

Exactly 

The NFL rules over their refs. These clowns rarely if ever get disciplined. Hell, they hardly get graded. Nothing will happen.  Swept under rug. Games will continue to be officiated by flawed people.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

To be totally honest I don’t see it being deliberate. Looks like he was almost cutting and switching directions with a lineman on his back. I know I’ll be ridiculed but that’s my observation.

Doesn't have to be deliberate to be a penalty, but it was... VERY deliberate:

TrippingNoCall_Bills@KC_10162022.thumb.jpg.2520bca01773e80ee965475770b3fe9f.jpg

That's as deliberate as it gets! 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 14

What trip? I didn't see a trip, did you see a trip? These refs do great jobs out there. 

That was one of the worst ***** no calls I have seen this year. Maybe if Josh got his leg broke they may have possibly thrown a flag. These guys are absolutely clueless. 

They threw a flag for a block in the back in the Philly game. After the officials huddled, they said no foul on the play. The on air official that they went to, (Steratore) I think, said with a chuckle, that was 100% a penalty and they never should've picked up the flag. And it was that slow witted Hussey that did the Bills game last week where he went ballistic and threw Epenesa out. The guy is a rogue clown who thinks he can call the game the way he sees, and never has to check with the booth. Always has a miserable piss face as well. 

21 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

To be totally honest I don’t see it being deliberate. Looks like he was almost cutting and switching directions with a lineman on his back. I know I’ll be ridiculed but that’s my observation.

You need to watch more football and read up on the rules. That was one of the most blatant tripping plays I've ever seen.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's a 100% dirty play, no doubt about it. Jones should be fined, but that will never happen. NE been doing it for years. Especially when Edelman was still there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All officiating crews are reviewed after every game, and the best crews are awarded playoff games and the SB.

So yes, that will for sure serve to make this ref down, at least you would hope.

It was immediately obvious that it was intentional the moment I saw it.

I can't believe the referee standing right there did NOT call it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Watch the replay again.  Jones fully extends his leg in Josh's direction, as the photo in @ExiledInIllinois's post shows.  It was clearly deliberate and the incompetent reffing crew we had today let it go.  An egregiously bad non-call.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Lol. The ref is the only person in the stadium who could of taken a better picture then that, and we have evidence to prove it’

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chicharito said:

I thought that at first watching it live but then I saw the replay.  Ref may have seen the same thing in real time.  That's where a sky judge would come in handy for the clear and obvious missed calls like that.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

There was something about the ref's body language when he was telling Josh to give him the ball that irks me, like he had a bone to pick with him, thus the non-call.  Like a nerdy hall-monitor being given power over the jock.

I mean, if you think about the scrutiny that RTP is under right now and the fact that it happened like 3 feet from that ref...is it really possible that he missed what 100% of people watching in real time saw?

He could’ve taken Allen out for the season with that move and that ref that had that happen right in front of him should be fired.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I expect a nicely worded letter to be sent to the Bills organization "hey, sorry we missed that call.  My bad.  Sincerely, NFL"

Don’t we already have enough of these letters to fill the locker room wall with.

5 hours ago, Chicharito said:

I’m just going to take this as a joke and move on. If you really are serious I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you to watch it a few more times. If I’m training the refs what to look for when calling tripping I would be showing them a video of this exact play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

All officiating crews are reviewed after every game, and the best crews are awarded playoff games and the SB.

So yes, that will for sure serve to make this ref down, at least you would hope.

It was immediately obvious that it was intentional the moment I saw it.

I can't believe the referee standing right there did NOT call it.

As you said, the red was right there. What "under officious jerk".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That could have been a pivotal moment in the game.  It should have been 10 yards and an automatic 1st down for the Bills.  Instead the Bills punt the ball back to the Chiefs.  There were two refs in the backfield watching the play happen.  You can see the refs arm in the picture staring at Jones and Allen as it happens.   He can't be more than ten feet away from the play. 

I just don't know how that doesn't get called. 

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly 

The NFL rules over their refs. These clowns rarely if ever get disciplined. Hell, they hardly get graded. Nothing will happen.  Swept under rug. Games will continue to be officiated by flawed people.

The officials are graded each week on every play.  That is how the crews / individual officials are picked for playoffs / Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

The counter to this argument is that he was held by us as well.

Ticky tack hold at best, Jones beat him, but not a blatant hold.

But as much of a hold as those called on the Bills secondary, so surprised a holding penalty on the Bills wasn't the only one called on the play (which would have been hilarious).  

Now if we really want to go down the rabbit hole.  They realized there'd be heck to pay if a flag was thrown and only the Bills penalized (declined), and offsetting would have replayed the down, so as soon as Allen went down neither was thrown. 

The ref was in perfect position to see the trip.  No one was in position to call holding (if there was any).

The way I see it is, yes refs blow calls each week, there were a few in this game. With the way roughing the passer has been called this year, there is no way the ref should have missed that call. The good news is the team did not lose its composure and was able to finish the game. 

I saw an article that said the Rams are planning to propose roughing the passer being able to be challenged. It would be nice to also be able to challenge missed calls. Of course if the refs treat it the same way they did passing interference any rule change would be pointless anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

i was waiting for us to be called for holding honestly.

even their mini meeting on that i was waiting for it.

or josh to be fined.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Chris Jones clearly tripped Allen against the rules and referee was right there.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/10/17/nfl-world-reacts-missed-tripping-penalty-bills-chiefs-josh-allen

I wonder if referee will be assigned any more Bills games.  I doubt they will suspend him for a game.

Nothing happens.  You might even see Jones hit with a fine which is ridiculous considering it was called a penalty on the field.  

I just wish NFL officials would be honest and say “yeah it happened fast and we blew that call.”  Instead, they’ll find some ridiculous way to justify the call.  This is what makes NFL officiating so frustrating

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.