James Cook TD Run

wppete

I mean any of our RBs could have scored on that TD…but was still nice to see and hopefully gets the kid some confidence because he’s been playing slow out there at times.  But I think that’s just been a combo of too few snaps and a couple snafus with the fumble and key dropped easy pass.  

But I expect the kid is going to start seeing more snaps and Moss is gonna be phased out.  He’s gonna be a nice weapon come playoff time.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

James Cook first TD in the NFL, he looked impressive, decisive, fast with a quick burst. Great start. Hope we see more of this and also in the passing game. 

The hole hie hit was a mile wide 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean any of our RBs could have scored on that TD…but was still nice to see and hopefully gets the kid some confidence because he’s been playing slow out there at times.  But I think that’s just been a combo of too few snaps and a couple snafus with the fumble and key dropped easy pass.  

But I expect the kid is going to start seeing more snaps and Moss is gonna be phased out.  He’s gonna be a nice weapon come playoff time.  

He's gotta keep rolling, but that play built a ton of trust for more touches going forward.

The hole was only so wide because he read the hole quickly, made a quick decision and accelerated through it before the hole could close.

Then once through the hole he made a vicious cut back to his left leaving every one in the dust.

Singletary and Moss neither have the speed, vision or cut back ability to make that run.

Thats why we're in game 5 and this is the first RB TD scored.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The whole was only so wide because he read the hole quickly and accelerated through it before the line could close.

Then once through the hole he made a vicious cut to his left leaving every one in the dust.

Singletary and Moss neither have the speed, vision or cut back ability to make that run.

Very similar to this TD run against the Vols.

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The hole was only so wide because he read the hole quickly, made a quick decision and accelerated through it before the hole could close.

Then once through the hole he made a vicious cut back to his left leaving every one in the dust.

And this one vs Bama.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Selfish.  17TD by the Bills this season.  Josh, 16.  Cook, 1.

Unacceptable for a rookie to be taking the glory away from his offensive leader. 🤣

Funny, in that thread someone called that Cook would get his first td and I was thinking there was no way.  Wrong

Edited by DallasMac
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Was yelling his name as he had the handoff and saw the hole open! Very happy for him and hopefully his confidence and confidence from the staff propels him in the later stages of the year. Really feel he could be a difference maker along w Shakir!

I was yelling his name last night, my wife told me to stop being weird.

• Haha (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mike Tolbert coulda ran through that hole. But hopefully a confidence boost for Cook and the first of many.

False... Tolbert would've gotten stuck in that hole.

53 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s pretty fast for a guy who looks stoned all the time.

Maybe he saw the snack guy in the stands handing out Wings...:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont know... moss usually has really bad instincts on his first cut (see last week). And Singletary doesn't have that immediate speed like cook showed. But ya it was a big hole, and I agree with you moss will get phased out. I think Singletary is still an unsung hero on this team, hes been a decent dump off option and has picked up some really good blocks to protect allen. I hope cook and Singletary evolve into a deadly 1-2 punch.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Yes yes yes. I was thinking the same thing. There have been holes like that in the season where Moss especially missed the opportunity. Good vision by the kid. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Agree....he didn't do some of the unnecessary side stepping we see from Singletary & Moss. Just glad he got some touches and confidence. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills have done him no favors and I don’t even mean just the lack of playing time.

Everytime he runs the ball it’s outside the tackles. The Bills have to establish him as an inside the tackles runner before the outside stuff will work. Every team knows he’s coming in and running it outside. They need to split him out wide in WR routes 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, wppete said:

James Cook first TD in the NFL, he looked impressive, decisive, fast with a quick burst. Great start. Hope we see more of this and also in the passing game. 

Thank you.  I missed the run when CBS changed the game.  By the time I got to DirecTV after they lifted the blackout it was done.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Mike Tolbert coulda ran through that hole. But hopefully a confidence boost for Cook and the first of many.

Lmao there is zero chance that Moss nor Singletary make that cutback then weave and bust that and make the safety miss.  ZERO CHANCE. How do i know? I've watched them not do it over and over and over.  

Both Moss and Singletary would have been tackled for a loss by the two defenders to his left, no question. 

Neither Moss nor Singletary have the physical ability to make this run. Nor the vision. 

Watch the replay again above, this wasn't a simple handoff and open hole.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Lmao there is zero chance that Moss nor Singletary make that cutback then weave and bust that and make the safety miss.  ZERO CHANCE. How do i know? I've watched them not do it over and over and over.  

Both Moss and Singletary would have been tackled for a loss by the two defenders to his left, no question. 

Neither Moss nor Singletary have the physical ability to make this run. Nor the vision. 

Right. They’d be absolutely stoned/Tackled

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I dont know... moss usually has really bad instincts on his first cut (see last week). And Singletary doesn't have that immediate speed like cook showed. But ya it was a big hole, and I agree with you moss will get phased out. I think Singletary is still an unsung hero on this team, hes been a decent dump off option and has picked up some really good blocks to protect allen. I hope cook and Singletary evolve into a deadly 1-2 punch.

Well that is a fair point about Moss, and I agree with Moss and his bad instincts and reads, however even Moss could have found that hole, but maybe doesn't cut back because he lacks vision.  But if anyone googles Devin Singletary highlights they will find a lot of runs where Devin makes this same play or more.  

I totally agree Devin is an unsung hero.  One of the dumbest myths around here is that Devin is slow.  People foolishly look at combine 40 times to define speed, and then hang their hat on that time.  40 times are one small measurement, it doesn't come close to painting the whole picture.  Devin has excellent acceleration and change of direction speed.  That makes him play a lot faster than some stupid 40 time that literally only matters on the 2 or 3 runs a season a RB breaks some 80 yarder.  His ability to cut and accelerate has him out running the defense frequently and getting more yards than he should on many plays.  He hits the hole hard and fast too, something Moss doesn't do and something Cook has not yet begun to do, but that is likely do to lack of opportunities to get his confidence and rhythm going.  

But doesn't matter how many big runs Devin puts up, how many times he blows by a defender for a first down or big gain...or his excellent career YPC average...the same people who don't understand how speed is really measured on a football field are going to say he is too slow.  Just like all the ridiculous comments people have made saying Devin couldn't rip that run off that Cook did when he has not only done it many times, he has done it for longer runs.  

14 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Except Devin has done it many times and even for much longer runs.  So yeah, those pesky facts again...

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

There is zero chance you know what you are talking about.  Zero.  Video doesn't lie.  This is just from last year alone.   

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.