Josh Rosen was cut by the Browns. I have a perfect landing spot for him.

buffaloboyinATL

Rosen is getting closer everyday, to making good on his promise that 9 teams would regret his being drafted.  

That being said, I have the perfect next stop for him.  The Carolina Panthers MUST pick him up, so they can have Baker, Darnold and Rosen all on the team at the same time.  Someone has to be signed, while Darnold recovers, please have it be Rosen.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-cutting-former-top-10-draft-pick-josh-rosen-as-they-trim-roster-to-53-players/

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Rosen is getting closer everyday, to making good on his promise that 9 teams would regret his being drafted.  

That being said, I have the perfect next stop for him.  The Carolina Panthers MUST pick him up, so they can have Baker, Darnold and Rosen all on the team at the same time.  Someone has to be signed, while Darnold recovers, please have it be Rosen.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-cutting-former-top-10-draft-pick-josh-rosen-as-they-trim-roster-to-53-players/

Harsh.

But funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I hear you win a prize if you collect the whole set.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I wouldn't mind if we took a look. Despite his career going in the shitter, he had worlds of talent in that arm in college. If we can resuscitate even a little bit of that he could make a nice backup or trade piece.

I think that boat has sailed. If he had anything to offer at this point he wouldn’t continually be cast away. I mean he couldn’t even land a backup job to Brisset. Brisset isn’t horrible, but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I think that boat has sailed. If he had anything to offer at this point he wouldn’t continually be cast away. I mean he couldn’t even land a backup job to Brisset. Brisset isn’t horrible, but still. 

That's probably true, I just always find it odd when a guy has tools to dominate in college and can't even make a roster in the pros unless they just don't have the work ethic. Unrelated, Brissett is a fringe starter in this league, and maybe one of the best backup options out there.

Edited by BullBuchanan

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Time to come clean, raise your hand if you wanted this Josh on draft night  

Would be fun to revisit the pre draft threads I’m sure there was a genius banging the table for Rosen 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I wouldn't mind if we took a look. Despite his career going in the shitter, he had worlds of talent in that arm in college. If we can resuscitate even a little bit of that he could make a nice backup or trade piece.

I've always liked the concept of giving a guy with highly-rated talent coming out of college a shot in a "good" environment after he has failed on bad teams, the theory being that he was put in such a bad situation (poor coaching, dysfunctional organization) that he was bound to fail.  It's a nice sentiment, but it doesn't seem to work out very often.  Rosen has now been with the Cardinals, Dolphins, Falcons, Bucs, and Browns (and I probably missed one or two others).  Clearly, he's done.  I felt the same way about JP Losman, who I thought matured into a good kid in Buffalo with mobility and arm talent, but his 2nd and 3rd chances in Oakland and Miami didn't pan out either.  Some guys are just busts who are great college players but don't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I've always liked the concept of giving a guy with highly-rated talent coming out of college a shot in a "good" environment after he has failed on bad teams, the theory being that he was put in such a bad situation (poor coaching, dysfunctional organization) that he was bound to fail.  It's a nice sentiment, but it doesn't seem to work out very often.  Rosen has now been with the Cardinals, Dolphins, Falcons, Bucs, and Browns (and I probably missed one or two others).  Clearly, he's done.  I felt the same way about JP Losman, who I thought matured into a good kid in Buffalo with mobility and arm talent, but his 2nd and 3rd chances in Oakland and Miami didn't pan out either.  Some guys are just busts who are great college players but don't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Teams don't get rid of 1st or 2nd round QBs unless they've seen enough to know the guy doesn't have it.  Either that or he's got a substance abuse problem like the time Carolina cut Kerry Collins for drinking too much and he was able to resurrect his career.  Outside of Collins I can't think of any QB who got released or not offered a 2nd contract who ever made it.  All these attempts at rehabbing the careers of highly drafted QBs have failed.  Now guys have been traded early in their careers like Steve Young & Brett Favre but they had enough value to get a 1st or 2nd rounder in return.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Baker Mayfield, since he really hasn't been a total bust up to now & was traded for virtually nothing in return.  He could prove the exception, but the odds are against him.  

Arizona recognized Rosen didn't have it & robbed Miami.  Even though Miami hedged their bet by trading down in the 2nd round, getting an extra 2020 2nd rounder and traded the lower 2019 2nd rounder they obtained, mitigating their risk.  Trading Rosen that early probably saved Steve Keim's career as a GM.  

I remember in past years bringing up the fact that a team can't polish a 1st or 2nd round QB and turn around his career.  I told people that JP would never come back to haunt us like some were posting & when we plucked Brian Brohm off GB's practice squad and his fanboys were bashing me for saying that there was no way Russ Brandon outsmarted 30 other GMs who let him sail through waivers before his sophomore season. Some gave the credit to Buddy Nix-think how ludicrous that sounds today-Buddy outsmarting 30 other GMs.  I saw replies that I hated Brian Brohm & they "saw him play in college and he was a potential #1 overall pick."  Logically, Russ Brandon, or Buddy Nix, was not capable of outsmarting guys like Ozzie Newsome & Bill Polian, among others. 

I've always believed that it's tough to ruin a talented QB short of getting him injured, and that almost all QB busts are the result of bad scouting & not bad coaches.  My theory is bad QBs ruin coaches, not the other way around.   

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

OMG NO Please.  He is such An A$$hat and I bet he’s still arrogant.  From a personality side he has no redeeming qualities.  And he sucks

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.