Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not going to bat for anyone, you cant be this bad at reading.  I am stating there is LEGITIMATE questions if he was EVEN IN THE HOUSE at the time of the attack.  I am only stating let the investigation run its course and the findings shared before you decided he is a rapist with a 1% chance of conviction.  

He wasn’t in the house but texted her that she should probably get tested for STDs because he’s what, just an all around nice guy?

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're 3 and a half hours from Kickoff and Matt Araiza is the only Punter on this team. They haven't made any announcement regarding us signing another Punter. At this point, it's definitely looking like he's playing.

It's preseason.  The result doesn't matter.  They can go for it on every 4th down and go for 2 after a score.  They could also have Bass punt I'm sure if that is what they wanted to do.  There has to be an emergency punter on the team that can kick a ball 30-40 yards in a pinch if necessary.  He doesn't need to see the field if they don't want him to.

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

What you'd expect -- she couldn't remember much about who or how many attacked her. It was tough to read, I definitely wouldn't doubt that she was assaulted that night but in this case due to the alcohol and/or any drugs involved its highly unlikely the accuser will be able to give solid testimony about who attacked her. If Araiza was indeed the man she had sex with before the gang rape, she also couldn't recall anything other than his skin and hair color -- so she didn't know his name. 

That's why I said if the criminal investigation led back to the three named in the civil suit, it would have to have been because other people verified their identities. There's no way the victim named them. 

Then how did she call him from the police station without knowing his name & phone number? 

Just now, sven233 said:

It's preseason.  The result doesn't matter.  They can go for it on every 4th down and go for 2 after a score.  They could also have Bass punt I'm sure if that is what they wanted to do.  There has to be an emergency punter on the team that can kick a ball 30-40 yards in a pinch if necessary.  He doesn't need to see the field if they don't want him to.

Would be a smart move

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Then how did she call him from the police station without knowing his name & phone number? 

Um, with police assistance? You know, the investigators who presumably would have had that info. 

Kinda answered your own question there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Um, with police assistance? You know, the investigators who presumably would have had that info. 

Kinda answered your own question there. 

It describes it by using pretext calls, calling other players saying things like saying that she slept with a bunch of the players on the team and has an STD and getting their numbers from them.

7 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He wasn’t in the house but texted her that she should probably get tested for STDs because he’s what, just an all around nice guy?

She did get raped in that room, so it’s possible he brought that up because she ended up having sex with multiple partners. 

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I'm all for this besides having Bass punt. The last thing we need is our Top-5 kicker getting hurt in some freak play in a meaningless game as a knock-on effect from this clown show. Just go for it on 4th regardless of distance or ask anybody on the soon-to-be practice squad roster with any kind of kicking experience if they want to try their hand at it if they end up in a long-distance situation. 

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Why go for 2? There Has to be at least 1 or 2 other guys on the team that can hold for an extra point. I don't know but I'd bet that Keenum could.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know why they don’t just suspend him until the situation plays out. If the Bills were as through as they say- then they can bring him back. 
If it turns out he did all that he accused of then he is cut. In the meantime the Bills get a punter( who can hold).

The Bills statement really puts an intense amount of pressure on their credibility. At a time when the brand is at an all time high. This is a pivotal point for the franchise. If they get additional info they need to immediately apologize and take accountability. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

She claimed they had sex outside of the house before she was later brought into and raped inside. He didn't have to be part of the inside house incident to have given her an std. 

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If you're keeping your clients identity anonymous you should probably redact her friends name if you're competent.

Please.  It will be out there soon enough for those who want to find it. 

31 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Having no knowledge of professional etiquette is your profession? How are the benefits?

So, your profession? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Civil suit was filed yesterday.

Post intercourse, Plaintiff claims Arazia took her to a bedroom occupied by the former teammates and threw her face down on to the bed.  Have not heard whether or not someone is claiming this is not true.  It sounds like what happened next with respect to Arazia is unclear.  Was he in the room, did he watch and do nothing, did he participate or did he walk away?

Again that is what the lawsuit claims and the lawsuit was filed after he made an NFL team. A better determination for an accurate representation of the situation would be the police reports indicating all of this. Has anyone seen those as opposed to a civil lawsuit written by the plaintiffs attorney?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

I don’t know why they don’t just suspend him until the situation plays out. If the Bills were as through as they say- then they can bring him back. 
If it turns out he did all that he accused of then he is cut. In the meantime the Bills get a punter( who can hold).

The Bills statement really puts an intense amount of pressure on their credibility. At a time when the brand is at an all time high. This is a pivotal point for the franchise. If they get additional info they need to immediately apologize and take accountability. 

NFLPA rules dictate the Bills can't suspend him for something he did while not under contract of the Buffalo Bills. 

It'd be like your boss suspending you for no pay while in college before you got your job. 

You know - it would really scare teams if we just decided to go for it on every 4th down this year.  

In the end, we'd probably score more, also.  Sure, we'd come up short a few times - but more often than not, we'd probably make it.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Amazing isn't it?  So many want immediate condemnation for something they don't even know is true.

I wonder if they'll be the ones begging for Mercy if it's there turn

I mean, everyone here has the luxury of taking the wait and see approach.  Everyone here can take any position they like, it's their prerogative... It's a different situation for the Bills top brass. I don't envy the position they are in.  It's probably not as cut and dry as many are making out to be regardless of their position. 

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Again that is what the lawsuit claims and the lawsuit was filed after he made an NFL team. A better determination for an accurate representation of the situation would be the police reports indicating all of this. Has anyone seen those as opposed to a civil lawsuit written by the plaintiffs attorney?

This thread would only be 25 pages if there was available police reports and more info

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dje85 said:

NFLPA rules dictate the Bills can't suspend him for something he did while not under contract of the Buffalo Bills. 

It'd be like your boss suspending you for no pay while in college before you got your job. 

In that case you cut him. 

4 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

IMO this is what the commissioners exemption list is for. The headlines are nasty and attention grabbing. The details are being worked out by the police. Araiza can be put there until the details are all known.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

So some crafty 17 year old high schooler’s big plan was to go to a party, bang a punter and a bunch of his teammates, then immediately claim she was raped so that she might get a settlement from the punter if he got drafted half a year later even though her accusations could reasonably derail his career?  That’s what people are convincing themselves happened here?  SMDH

Way to intentionally not get the point.  It's about THERE'S NO EVIDENCE YET, and yes false claims do sometimes happen, especially when a popular athlete is involved.  There doesn't need to be some grand conspiracy on her end, she could just be mistaken and having false memories, she could be absolutely true, she could be telling an absolute lie, WE DON'T KNOW.  Also as for derailing his career, the alleged incident happened before NFL rules applied to him, so they can't punish him.  Any career derailment would have to be unofficial with teams just not wanting to sign him (Colin K), but you know damn well he'll have a million dollar job on any number of teams if the only controversy is a single unverified claim.  So yeah, the cash grab angle is still possible (not saying likely) especially with this only going public after he secured a starting job.

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I mean, everyone here has the luxury of taking the wait and see approach.  Everyone here can take any position they like, it's their prerogative... It's a different situation for the Bills top brass. I don't envy the position they are in.  It's probably not as cut and dry as many are making out to be regardless of their position. 

I don't buy that at all. Releasing the player is about as cut and dry as you can get and easy to do.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

On the recorded phone call to Araiza...

Does it make any sense if Araiza knew what happened to this girl, that his response would be "get checked for an STD."

How long after the incident was that recorded call?  

11 days. But none of us really know what’s on that call. It’s what she said she remembers from the calls she made with the police if my memory is correct 

57 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Wasn’t Araiza named in the criminal complaint filed the day after the alleged rape? 

Was he? Then hopefully he will be charged. Seems like people are going back and forth between forced and statutory rape. If he was involved in the actual gang rape then so be it. But then people bounce back to the idea that she was underage when they interacted outside. 

All this speculation is really telling that we actually dont have any info besides a civil lawsuit written by the plaintiffs attorney.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s just wild that this regime has been near perfect and would even risk their reputations over a punter, even if it is the punt god. If they truly knew this was hanging over his head at draft, why even bother? Again, it’s a punter. 

They didn't know about this when they drafted him.  They just found out about a month or so ago.  

That said, they could have kept Haack or signed some other punter if they were concerned about Araiza.  It's not like they're heavily invested in this guy or anything.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I'm just saying they have more to consider than we do.... Potential Innocence, guilt, optics, branding, etc. 

isn’t the opposite true? Even if he is “innocent,” dude raw dogged a 17 year knowing he had a STD and then passed her around to his teammates.  

is it really worth keeping at best a huge scumbag statutory rapist diseased punter when we are trying to make a zero distraction SB run? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1