Richie retires

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Having drawn interest I suspect similar to what Richie is currently receiving, I am announcing that I too have decided to retire. 

Augster, did you just throw one two many dumbbells in the gym with all that ovaltone rage?  😇🦬🏋️♂️👹

18 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I heard he is going to work at a recruiting office and be a full time headhunter...

Literally!

12 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He was a solid player for us. I worry for him that sometime down the road he will end up with CTE and all that goes with it.

hoping for a happy retirement 

Don’t steal his bench or weights in the gym?

Don’t get me mad!  You wouldn’t like me when I’m mad!

image.jpeg.80888c6536253d5e640f244579062cf3.jpeg

34 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Unfortunately, I suspect losing this structure will not be great for him… but who knows, maybe football was a contributor to his chaos and it will take some edge off 

That’s hopeful.  It’d be great if it went that way for him.  I hope he turns it around and it does, but I fear that won’t be the case. 

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He must have got an offer to do undercover work for the CIA

In a middle eastern location…, 

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I heard he is going to work at a recruiting office and be a full time headhunter...

Funny, I heard he was going to join forces with Kyle Turley and Albert Haynesworth and start an anger management counseling service.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think if he managed to get clean and sober about 75% of the issues would immediately fall off.

Too bad for most of us, you can't 'just quit' the way I decide to stop fn with KitKats

I’m afraid it’s a vicious cycle, a chicken AND the egg kinda thing. He needs to be mentally healthy as well as sober, and they go hand in hand. It’s tough, but I will pray for the best for him. We have a little too much experience with how tricky that balancing act can be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Unfortunately, I suspect losing this structure will not be great for him… but who knows, maybe football was a contributor to his chaos and it will take some edge off 

Definitely agree with your first sentiment.

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s hopeful.  It’d be great if it went that way for him.  I hope he turns it around and it does, but I fear that won’t be the case. 

I agree. 

who knows. Injuries, coaches enabling him and who knows what kind of mess of pain killers, and steroids can’t be good for an already off kilter guy.

but have to worry that losing structure, support, and having his identity out the window is a pretty huge risk for him 

it’ll likely never be a linear journey for him either way. Just hope the highs are high and the lows aren’t too low. 

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I agree. 

who knows. Injuries, coaches enabling him and who knows what kind of mess of pain killers, and steroids can’t be good for an already off kilter guy.

but have to worry that losing structure, support, and having his identity out the window is a pretty huge risk for him 

it’ll likely never be a linear journey for him either way. Just hope the highs are high and the lows aren’t too low. 

So right after the whole thing with Jonathan Martin happened my son played baseball.  It was the first year of kid pitch and it was brutal.  So many walks, so few hits.  In any event, I had a lot of time on my hands that season.  I read every text between them that was published.  I honestly don’t think he was bullying Martin, but those texts painted a rough picture of Incognito.  Lots of machismo, hard partying, strippers, hookers, etc.  Not like “this guy like to party!”   More like “This guy parties 24/7/365!  How can he do that?”  Sometimes people learn that they can’t live like that for long and sometimes they don’t.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m afraid it’s a vicious cycle, a chicken AND the egg kinda thing. He needs to be mentally healthy as well as sober, and they go hand in hand. It’s tough, but I will pray for the best for him. We have a little too much experience with how tricky that balancing act can be. 

It's a little easier to get to the Rock bottom needed, when the checks keep rolling in. 

Not trolling, not joking, the best thing aside from a miraculous prayer healing, is the money to get ate up as fast as humanly possible, and hope the money runs out before he dies.

Hell I was living check to check and i still almost died first. 4 or 5 nfl contracts in my bank and think my chances of recovery were next to zero.

Cunning, baffling, powerful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's a little easier to get to the Rock bottom needed, when the checks keep rolling in. 

Not trolling, not joking, the best thing aside from a miraculous prayer healing, is the money to get ate up as fast as humanly possible, and hope the money runs out before he dies.

Hell I was living check to check and i still almost died first. 4 or 5 nfl contracts in my bank and think my chances of recovery were next to zero.

Cunning, baffling, powerful.

Glad you turned it all around and that you’re doing well these days.  You should be proud of yourself. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I wish him well.  He is clearly a tortured human being.

"Tortured?"  Nah...

He has a drinking problem.  When he keeps it under control he's an intelligent, well spoken, nice guy.

When he's lit up he turns insane.

12 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

So right after the whole thing with Jonathan Martin happened my son played baseball.  It was the first year of kid pitch and it was brutal.  So many walks, so few hits.  In any event, I had a lot of time on my hands that season.  I read every text between them that was published.  I honestly don’t think he was bullying Martin, but those texts painted a rough picture of Incognito.  Lots of machismo, hard partying, strippers, hookers, etc.  Not like “this guy like to party!”   More like “This guy parties 24/7/365!  How can he do that?”  Sometimes people learn that they can’t live like that for long and sometimes they don’t.  

I remember reading Kosar's Learning to Scramble book years back.  He addressed Martin and Incognito in it.

Pretty much he felt in any other walk or aspect of life his full sympathy would be with Martin.  But in the NFL it's kind of its own beast and he thought Richie was just trying to "toughen him" up so to speak.  

I think there's something too that.  I don't actually think Richie disliked him per say.  That's just him expressing himself in his way.  Not that I particularly like the Richie approach just sayin'.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.