NFL Arrests since 2000 (Bills #26)

43 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This is a interesting listing of the NFL Arrests since 2020.  What do you guys make out of this if anything?

FPhd0y9XwAUguxQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

JFz.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Couple of points-

Arrests aren’t indicative of guilt, let’s remember that.

What someone is being arrested for can range from loitering to murder…big difference. 

Once had a cop say he was going to give me a ticket for loitering, I told him to go catch murderers. He said "Loitering is literally murdering time."

I said "What!?!"

He said "Huh?" And then walked away...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This is a interesting listing of the NFL Arrests since 2000.  What do you guys make out of this if anything?

FPhd0y9XwAUguxQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Good thing these guys are teaching America morals now...

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Couple of points-

Arrests aren’t indicative of guilt, let’s remember that.

What someone is being arrested for can range from loitering to murder…big difference. 

Well Aaron Hernandez murdered a few people... DeShawn Watson is a serial abuser and wasn't arrested at all. 

At least Rex Ryan just likes playing with his wife's tootsies 😆 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a lower percentage than the US population at large.

I feel that the outrage expressed in this thread is purely due to taking numbers entirely out of context.

As I noted in the Carrington thread, if you click on sort by year, you will see that the number of arrests has gone down systematically from 61 in 2013 to 18 last year.  This is out of 2200 NFL players (including practice squad) consisting of mostly 21 to 30 year old males.  This is extremely low arrest rate for this age group.

As a comparison there were 860,000 arrests in the 21 to 24 year old age group in the US in 2019 out of a population of a bit more than 8 million -- this is the arrest rate is more than 1 in 10 young adult males.  This arrest rate  for the 21 to 24 group will be larger than the 21 to 30 year age group as a whole but not by that much.

It is clear that the NFL arrest rate has been systematically going down (though it will most likely be higher this year based on YTD numbers) and that it is substantially less than the comparison age group.   I wouldn't be surprise if it is not that far out of range of 21 to 30 year old makes making over 150K (practice squad salary).

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Or just Uber.  Ridiculous.  It’s not that they can’t Uber from one place to another.

Avoid Über.  Drivers have taken pictures of players and passed on to press.

NFLPA has a deal with players guaranteeing them rides and confidentiality.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

For example.... Ed Oliver was arrested for DWI despite blowing a 0.00 on the breathalyzer. 

whilst riding a horse 🐎???

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm surprised the Chiefs are so low on that list.

players , not players brothers 

😝 

7 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Is it tho... how many employers that only hire 53 people have 1 arrest a year. 

A whole lot more than you think, given that there were 10 million arrests in the US in 2019 including over 1 million for DUI.  It would be even more likely that an employee would be arrested if most of the company consisted mostly of males between 21 to 30 years old.

See the overview from the FBI in the middle of the page:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/persons-arrested

Edited by Billy Claude

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.