***** it, sign Fitz

bubba2018

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess is backup QB will be signed in the summer.

My HOPE is….we will get away from that Josh-centric running game so we lessen the chance that the backup will be needed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

NOOOOO! Save Josh from the dark voodoo Fitzy Magic!  😱

I hate that I believe in this crap, but I kinda do. 

I would love him back, but I would worry about Josh on every play

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hate that I believe in this crap, but I kinda do. 

I would love him back, but I would worry about Josh on every play

I think a big part of it is he's always been on pretty crappy teams so the QBs take a beating and were not that secure in the position to begin with.

I also believe they will sign Fitz but probably later than now. He’s not needed for mini camps. Bring in Allen give him some reps and then bring in two UDFAs as camp arms. Let him heal, give him a small 1 year deal, and you have one of the better backups for a year , who can actually win you a couple games if absolutely needed. 

If not you have a great locker room guy who knows the culture and can help Allen with prep 

I am all in for Fitz.  He is the perfect backup.  Very mobile, will be able to pick up the offense quickly, huge fan favorite and since he is coming off a major injury, if he still wants to play he will finally be accepting of a backup role.  If Josh gets hurt for 3-4 games, I want a saavy vet who will win at least half, not Jeff Tuel or Billy Joe Hobert.  Fitz is our guy. 

What are people getting their panties tied in a knot over? He'd be the bakcup and as good a mentor as Josh could hope for. People aren't being rational about this. Look at the quality at QB2 on most rosters. Pretty ugly, huh? Fitz is still better than most of those guys if healthy and a great off field presence. I know this is going out on a limb, but could he be a player/QB Coach? Hea's certainly got the smarts and experience. He might even be a great playcaller if Dorsey is struggling. Just a thought.

Edited by GreggTX

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.