Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to MNF

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

One extra reason to never stay up late on a Monday. 

Yeah, it will make it easier to go to sleep on that worknight. :thumbsup:

Multiple

'Nilla

Fellows

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Interesting just in the sense that I would imagine both inked lucrative contracts. Seems ESPN is trying to sing top end talent versus going cheap with guys just starting out like they have the last couple of seasons. Aikman and Buck combined are probably making considerably more than the last years three man booth. It's basically just going to feel like you are watching a fox broadcast i guess.

Glad to see that duo gone from Fox.  Aikman and Buck are so boring and stale. MNF booth was already bad, so I don't expect much different.

At least now there's a chance Fox upgrades to a booth that'll actually tell you something insightful.  This is a win for Fox, IMO.

Buried in the NY Post article is that ESPN will eventually air 25 games annually by the 2023 season. I imagine that includes at least one playoff if not two annually. Will these be MNF double headers or just regular afternoon Sunday games and a couple late season Saturday games? Maybe some over seas early kick off games?

4 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

No Gus Johnson.....sigh........

I think Gus is a decent announcer, but for some reason incredibly overrated by fans. There's more to play by play than emotion and screaming.

See Vin Scully, Marv Albert, Dick Enberg, etc etc...

Wonder who takes over the top Fox broadcast now that those 2 guys left?

CBS and NBC are far superior football broadcasts compared to MNF and Fox.

Wish Nantz and Romo called more than 2 Bills games a year.  Technically only 1 scheduled with the playoff game being the other.  Allen is must see TV and he hardly ever gets the national 4pm game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.