Joe Brady for QB Coach? [Now Hired]

Rubes

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

And given the timing, I wonder if this is what prompted Tierney to take the Giants job, or vice versa?

Not if Muchak is willing to come here.

I dont know this for fact, and it’s distant info, but tierney may have physically left for NJ with daboll.  So this would have been done last week. 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I was thinking about backup QB and Sam Darnold seems like the perfect guy. Friends with Josh Allen, now a connection with the QB coach. 

Imagine saying in 2018 we'd have both Josh Allen and Sam Darnold. 

Yeah maybe in 2023, Darnold is still owed almost 19M next year sheesh!

it’s also possible that Joe Brady never wants to see Darnold again haha

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I mentioned in another post..........he isn't really a college coach and has no history as a recruiter and from what I heard no interest in doing that job.

University of Miami would have been the logical choice.........he is from there so there was a lot of speculation about it..........but you can't pay a big time coordinator salary to a guy in college who isn't also a recruiter.     Players want to know that the OC really wants them there.    Can't just send a WR coach out there and expect to pull 4 and 5 star players unless your name is Saban.

Except for LSU and Penn State and William and Mary.  Guy is 32 years old and has 2 years on NFL experience and suddenly isn’t “a college coach”.  

i get what you are saying - but a little stability for him would go a long way. Been successful everywhere (except Carolina) - but needs to stay put somewhere and build a resume. I think he would do just fine in college. 

Burrows OC at LSU. Was my dark horse to replace Daboll.   Burrow got the first overall pick with his work with Brady. 

Getting him as QB coach is amazing hire. 

see what happens when you have an elite QB. Coaches want to be associated with them. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Good point, hadn't considered that. Not sure I envisioned Dorsey getting a HC position after one year as OC, but I guess if we blow the doors off of everyone anything is possible.

Is Josh getting these coaches jobs or is it them. Pretty soon they'll be calling it the Josh Allen coaching tree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That’s not a bad nickname 

“May I present the King maker, drought breaker, defender of the north and conquer of the East. Josh Allen of Buffalo, first in his name.” 

Allen didn't break the drought. Tyrod Taylor is the drought breaker. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Given Joe Brady's connection with Burrow, I wonder if Josh already may know Brady through their mutual connection with Jordan Palmer.

Most of these guys all know each other well before they get to the NFL. It's a very, very small club that spans the entire country. Guys dont get to this level without having been around it almost their entire life leading up to it.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Given Joe Brady's connection with Burrow, I wonder if Josh already may know Brady through their mutual connection with Jordan Palmer.

Well you maybe onto something .. As some of you may remember...  JA17 already took a bit of a shot at Joe Brr....  (Wait till the end)  

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I assume this is our "in" on the Christian McCaffrey sweepstakes.....

Where the devil has Sherlock Holmes been, anyways? 🤔

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Andy Dalton

The beginning of a paradigm shift in charitable giving in the NFL! 😁

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JimBob2232 said:

I love this - but I’m so confused.  Brady is on a trajectory to be HC somewhere.  Not sure what happened in Carolina - but I feel like a QB coach is a huge step down for him.  I would have expected him to take an OC at someplace like Michigan or something (if there is a coaching change) - not a QB coach job here.   This is probably a one year thing…but glad to have him. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen is becoming a Kingmaker.

Hopefully this is Josh's Machiavellian move to improve head coach.  McD probably thinks Brady is here to replace Dorsey in a year or two.  Little does he know...

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Except for LSU and Penn State and William and Mary.  Guy is 32 years old and has 2 years on NFL experience and suddenly isn’t “a college coach”.  

i get what you are saying - but a little stability for him would go a long way. Been successful everywhere (except Carolina) - but needs to stay put somewhere and build a resume. I think he would do just fine in college. 

He was a grad assistant at PSU and an LB coach at W & M. He has never recruited anyone, and that's over 50 percent of a college coach's job. 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That’s not a bad nickname 

“May I present the King maker, drought breaker, defender of the north and conquer of the East. Josh Allen of Buffalo, first in his name.” 

You forgot the most important - Leaper of Tacklers!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.