1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I know… but I thought Josh played terrific against NE in worse weather conditions… he sucked today passing IMO… his receivers didn’t help him out but some of his decisions and passes were off for the 2nd straight week… just my opinion. 

He was 12/15 with 2 TDs with the wind...issues were when he was against the wind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wild-card round (Jan. 15-17)

Saturday, Jan. 15
AFC: No. 5 Las Vegas Raiders or New England Patriots at No. 4 Cincinnati Bengals, 2:30 p.m. MT, NBC, Peacock, Universo
AFC: No. 6 Los Angeles Chargers or New England Patriots at No. 3 Buffalo Bills, 6:15 p.m. MT, CBS, Paramount+

Sunday, Jan. 16
NFC: No. 7 Philadelphia Eagles at No. 2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 11 a.m. MT, Fox, Fox Deportes
NFC: No. 6 San Francisco 49ers at No. 3 Dallas Cowboys, 2:30 p.m. MT, CBS, Paramount+, Nickelodeon, Amazon Prime Video
AFC: No. 7 Las Vegas Raiders or Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs, 6:15 p.m. MT, NBC, Peacock, Telemundo

Monday, Jan. 17
NFC: No. 5 Arizona Cardinals at No. 4 Los Angeles Rams, 6:15 p.m. MT, ESPN/ABC, ESPN2, ESPN+, ESPN Deportes

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/01/09/2022-nfl-playoff-picture/

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Great- a week of frigging Cheater fans polluting the board and talking heads vomiring crap how the Cheaters will beat the Bills

The cheat fans were really hoping for the Bengals. The spanking they got from the Bills a couple weeks ago makes them think only way they can beat us is in a hurricane lol

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I said the offensive misqueues, throws to wrong routes, drops, lack fo execution was not because of the weather.

That has been my my point the whole time.

My bad, I thought there was a reference to missed throws outside of the bad routes.  Carry on.

5 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Great- a week of frigging Cheater fans polluting the board and talking heads vomiring crap how the Cheaters will beat the Bills

Beat their ass by 30 and shut everyone up.

That third quarter seemed incredibly long until I watched the fourth quarter of raiders v chargers.

Lots of talking heads seem to be on the “Bills #1 defense is a mirage but Patriots #2 defense is the truth” bandwagon.

Same ones say Bills still can’t run.

whatev 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The opponent isnt good offensively to begin with… Wilson has sucked all year…. But we weren’t even talking about the opponents offense, we were talking about Josh, who again, had a bad game all around. Agree to disagree. 

Wilson put up 230 on the Bucs last week and didn’t look terrible doing it

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That third quarter seemed incredibly long until I watched the fourth quarter of raiders v chargers.

Lots of talking heads seem to be on the “Bills #1 defense is a mirage but Patriots #2 defense is the truth” bandwagon.

Same ones say Bills still can’t run.

whatev 

Meanwhile, only 5 teams had more rushing yards than the Bills this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Meanwhile, only 5 teams had more rushing yards than the Bills this year. 

Allen makes up for a lot of the shortcomings of the run game, but it's pretty undeniable that Singletary seems to have gotten into a good rhythm the last few weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Allen makes up for a lot of the shortcomings of the run game, but it's pretty undeniable that Singletary seems to have gotten into a good rhythm the last few weeks.

Allen is a threat in the run game. And there's literally only 2 playoff teams with more rushing yards than the Bills this year. But somehow we can't run the ball bc our QB runs the ball. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I still have my doubts about McDermott but 4 playoff appearances and back to back division titles is impressive. Nice job! 

Please please have good weather next weekend!!!!

What a Jekyll & Hyde comment🤦‍♂️ but here’s the thing, we ALL have doubts about you.

9 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

The wind wasn't the issue. All the homers can down vote me but that narrative doesn't explain the offensive struggles.

Sorry open your eyes.

Fair enough, Coach 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

9 hours ago, 727Bills said:

This team has instilled zero condicldence in me in the last few weeks that they have the mental fortitude to take on the teams in the playoffs. 

Then GTFOH!😡

9 hours ago, muppy said:

it's been a long road Logic we've traveled it many years  lets enjoy it to the Climax...u know what Im talking about

#cravingunfilled

#SuperBowlWIN

GO BILLS

much respect

m

strangely aroused 😳

9 hours ago, muppy said:

giphy.gif sexy muppy LMAO Im celebrating DONT JUDGE hahahahahaaaaa

I’m no longer ‘strangely’ aroused..🔥

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

But but but @Ethan in Portland could SEE the wind from 3000 miles away and said it was perfect conditions! I’m so confused..

9 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

I remember after that Baltimore game in 2018 the talking heads/ forum debating the stupid Bama could beat this team nonsense. But man have the Bills came a huge way sense then! Back to back baby! Lfg playoff time!

Yes! LFG! (btw, I’m drunk too😉)

9 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Anybody who wants McD fired is a Pats fan. This regime has resurrected the dead and maintains a winning culture in a small market. 

My name’s Chandler#81 and I approve this message.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen sucked for just about all of the day.  Two weeks in a row he’s struggled passing the ball…. And two weeks in a row close games against bad opponents. Can’t have these kind of performances in the playoffs against the better teams of the league or they’ll be bounced WC weekend. 

Jesus Christ, Scott! Just STFU.

8 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Oooohhhh boy, someone's triggered.

Yep. A week in the cooler, cockroach.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Considering they've been the Jets that entire time this is a pretty low bar for them to slip under.

Actually, they were the Titans their 1st 3 seasons. So..

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I felt like this season was longer than most because the real season starts now. This team was built to win in the playoffs and hopefully we fulfill that promise.

Newsflash BT; it WAS longer than most.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

It's crazy that after 17 games and what seemed like a real marathon of a season, the Bills will now have to win four games in a row to claim the Lombardi trophy.

Nuts.

That’s the way it supposed to be.

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I did enjoy the win, I’m not the one who called myself and a few other members and said we weren’t fans because we question certain decisions during a game. If I wasn’t enjoying myself,  I wouldn’t be here. None of this is serious and I only quoted what he said about me. In the big picture, I could not care less…

All good, Meathead. He’s been sent to his room. 😉

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

No worries, Steve. I’m doing my finger exercises right now. There’ll be no more of that crap. If they come here and engage in intelligent dialog (HA!) they’re free to stay. But One NE* smartass comment will have them bouncing onto the street.

it’s the least I can do for y’all🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

I can't stand anything about Zach Wilson so that was the cherry on top of winning the Division.

The Pats* at home. Woof....going to be hopping. C'mon Bills and put up a gem of a game please.

I don’t hate Wilson at all. He actually seems like a decent kid. And I feel bad for him that he was drafted into a terrible organization that is the jets. His career as a starter is going to be very short lived. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

How bout that Eddy Oliver. I'm often wrong but I kept the faith with Ed and am not surprised he's putting in an elite season. The second half of this season has been sensational. 

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I don’t hate Wilson at all. He actually seems like a decent kid. And I feel bad for him that he was drafted into a terrible organization that is the jets. His career as a starter is going to be very short lived. 

Ha, we're on opposite ends. I can't stand him but I think he's talented and will carve out a starting career.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Haven’t seen this addressed yet, but my favorite and most telling play of this game was Allen on a late 3rd Down scramble around the right side, when he drew the outside contain into him to stop him from reaching the sticks, only to lateral the ball to Knox on the sideline who got us the 1st down that led to an important FG. This is the Allen I was mentioning in the Pregame thread. It’s never over with Josh and his teammates are slowly coming around to realize this and anticipate Allen-antics that will help lead to wins. 

We’ll never read @ScottLaw & his NegativeNancy cohorts praise this, but it’s another aspect of the Josh Experience.

Quick; who was the player Allen tried the desperation lateral to in the Texans playoff game? You know, where “Sugarhigh Josh” was born.

Answer; Dawson Knox.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Haven’t seen this addressed yet, but my favorite and most telling play of this game was Allen on a late 3rd Down scramble around the right side, when he drew the outside contain into him to stop him from reaching the sticks, only to lateral the ball to Knox on the sideline who got us the 1st down that led to an important FG. This is the Allen I was mentioning in the Pregame thread. It’s never over with Josh and his teammates are slowly coming around to realize this and anticipate Allen-antics that will help lead to wins. 

We’ll never read @ScottLaw & his NegativeNancy cohorts praise this, but it’s another aspect of the Josh Experience.

Quick; who was the player Allen tried the desperation lateral to in the Texan playoff game? You know, where “Sugarhigh Josh” was born.

Answer; Dawson Knox.

And Dawson was able to get out of bounds and stop the clock.

Seemed to be designed play in the sense that it may happen at any time.  If Josh sees the opportunity, be ready.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BananaB said:

Before half when the Jets player interfered Diggs and we had to kick a FG, I think the NFL should make a rule change to fix that. Took time off the clock and hurt the O more then it did the D.  I don’t know, do something. 

I agree 100%. Here’s a solution: In the final two minutes you should be able to decline the penalty and put  the time back on  the clock. That way the team committing the penalty can’t run time off at the end of the half. 

Edited by Forward Progress
I can’t type
  • Like (+1) 3

Great defensive game today.  All but that long pass.  Pressured wilson a lot.  Need to do the same to mac next week.  Give different pressures.  Kinda feel they held back last pats game, didn’t dial up exotic pressures.  Was able to get to him with four lineman frequently.  Expect to see different rushes/blitzes this game.

Josh did have some off throws yesterday.  3 in a row the receiver and him we’re not on the same page.  A few other passes were off the mark.  

Need to just unleash him.  Let Josh be Josh - passing and running.  3 games to get to the big game, 4 games to get our goal.  Bills can do this. 

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

If they fix the O line and get the kid a few weapons he could be a viable starter.

They have Kroft starting at TE...did they not watch any film of the Bills for the last 3 years ;) 

He must have played well against the Jets... not that I noticed though ;)

30 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If they fix the O line and get the kid a few weapons he could be a viable starter.

They have Kroft starting at TE...did they not watch any film of the Bills for the last 3 years ;) 

image.thumb.jpeg.024e5877b771a38503825911aa0bb97d.jpeg
"Well I had 5 yards on 1 reception yesterday!  Fireman Jimmy seems shocked."

Good old Pufnstuf!  Couldn't do a little 'cause he couldn't do enough.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Shheeesh! Take it easy man I know it’s late in the day, and you might have been celebrating with a couple wobbly pops, but you don’t need to go on a tirade here. It doesn’t make you look better. You don’t have more credibility because you just told us you were higher on the totem pole.

Try and enjoy the win, look forward to next weeks playoff game, and if they don’t win, guess what? You’re still going to be alive.

I love football as much as the next guy, but making it the difference between having a great day and not is something I am happy to have left behind.

Wobbly pops!!!!

that's going in the repertoire 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I agree. Unless of course they do things they "Jet Way" and miss on their 2 high draft picks and throw ridiculous money at big name free agents that don't pan out. 

Zach "Stacy" Wilson may end up ok, or he could end up a broken toy. Knowing the Jets...I have a feeling which way it will go.

30 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.024e5877b771a38503825911aa0bb97d.jpeg
"Well I had 5 yards on 1 reception yesterday!  Fireman Jimmy seems shocked."

Good old Pufnstuf!  Couldn't do a little 'cause he couldn't do enough.

I called out the catch he did have in the GDT because he went way up the ladder to get it.  Still a better TE than Sweeney.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

I agree. Unless of course they do things they "Jet Way" and miss on their 2 high draft picks and throw ridiculous money at big name free agents that don't pan out. 

Zach "Stacy" Wilson may end up ok, or he could end up a broken toy. Knowing the Jets...I have a feeling which way it will go.

My first two picks are a LT and a WR then TE in rnd 2 and a few more O line in the mid picks.

Gotta keep him upright.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I called out the catch he did have in the GDT because he went way up the ladder to get it.  Still a better TE than Sweeney.

But Sweeney makes $850 or so and BU quality Krofty was pulling in 5 or 6m ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

And Dawson was able to get out of bounds and stop the clock.

Seemed to be designed play in the sense that it may happen at any time.  If Josh sees the opportunity, be ready.

Looked like a designed run but the end couldnt have been scripted. If Allen could get the 1st down and OOB, he would keep it. But he instinctively realized Knox has a better chance to step OOB and shoveled the pass to him

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

My issue with Wilson is the personality fit with the Jets.  I thought they screwed that up more than anything.  They hated Darnold (and Sanchez before that) because of their laid back Southern Cali vibe.  

The issue is Wilson is more of a laid back mid-western vibe and he has already been chewed on by the NYC press.  The guy they love the most is Namath - a larger than life personality that fit with that NYC lifestyle.  

I think Wilson can get better - I just think someone like Justin Fields would have been a better personality fit - making an easier and better transition.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.