1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

20 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

You think that is what I meant.  Come on.  Are we having intelligent conversation or just rolling out hyperbole?

I said the offensive misqueues, throws to wrong routes, drops, lack fo execution was not because of the weather.

That has been my my point the whole time.

Edited by Sharky7337

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

I said the offensive misqueues, throws to wrong routes, drops, lack fo execution was not because of the weather.

That has been my my point the whole time.

i think the execution errors were probably related to the weather, at least in part. The drops and overthrows certainly were connected. The wind makes it really hard to catch balls, especially when your QB has to zip them in harder. 

The wrong routes though— would love to hear an explanation on that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently, the 53 yards by the Jets today is the lowest offensive total for them in franchise history. 

The Jets have been around for 61 years. They have played 948 regular season games.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, cool historic moments like this get lost. 

Between the Bills winning back to back Division titles for only the third time ever (and 1st time in 30 years), and the defense's performance....this was a historic day for Buffalo Bills football.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Apparently, the 53 yards by the Jets today is the lowest offensive total for them in franchise history. 

The Jets have been around for 61 years. They have played 948 regular season games.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, cool historic moments like this get lost. 

Between the Bills winning back to back Division titles for only the third time ever (and 1st time in 30 years), and the defense's performance....this was a historic day for Buffalo Bills football.

Considering they've been the Jets that entire time this is a pretty low bar for them to slip under.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Dumb🤡 I didn’t say anything about McDermott being fired fool. I’ve complained about Daboll and he deserves every word said about him, he gets saved by Allen more often then not. So shut your uneducated pie hole. I am higher on the totem pole, much higher than someone who thinks being a fan is ball washing your team even when parts of them  under perform.

Shheeesh! Take it easy man I know it’s late in the day, and you might have been celebrating with a couple wobbly pops, but you don’t need to go on a tirade here. It doesn’t make you look better. You don’t have more credibility because you just told us you were higher on the totem pole.

Try and enjoy the win, look forward to next weeks playoff game, and if they don’t win, guess what? You’re still going to be alive.

I love football as much as the next guy, but making it the difference between having a great day and not is something I am happy to have left behind.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

ok good one..

guess you won on the message board.. I am sure that is the high of your achievements..

and if you must know...  you reacted to my post on mcdermotte which is why I know you support the firing of McD you dumb *****

I may be speaking out of place here but just to clarify I did see a thread where somebody was insinuating that McD Should not be our coach now the originator of the thread was a dumb ass and there were plenty of people that were shooting him down making common sense but it was posted on the board at one point

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I felt like this season was longer than most because the real season starts now. This team was built to win in the playoffs and hopefully we fulfill that promise.

Well I mean it was a week longer.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Of course the team to beat them out for it is the Browns.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I felt like this season was longer than most because the real season starts now. This team was built to win in the playoffs and hopefully we fulfill that promise.

It's crazy that after 17 games and what seemed like a real marathon of a season, the Bills will now have to win four games in a row to claim the Lombardi trophy.

Nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I still have my doubts about McDermott but 4 playoff appearances and back to back division titles is impressive. Nice job! 

Please please have good weather next weekend!!!!

There’s only a few head coaches I would take over McDermott,not only did he turn around a terrible ran Franchise. We’ve been in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and he brought Recognition to the city of Buffalo,we’re not the laughing stock of the NFL anymore.  In years past we would be talking about the draft bye week 10. So yea I’m loving what his done 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 97bills said:

There’s only a few head coaches I would take over McDermott,not only did he turn around a terrible ran Franchise. We’ve been in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and he brought Recognition to the city of Buffalo,we’re not the laughing stock of the NFL anymore.  In years past we would be talking about the draft bye week 10. So yea I’m loving what his done 

I agree. I think biggest reason for his success is his willingness to evolve with the game. Seems like his first two years he was pretty old school and  very conservative. Felt like he was trying to not lose games, rather than win them. He’s not perfect but the  past few years he seems more willing to roll the dice and take some chances  that he never would have dreamed of early on in his career. In short, he no longer coaches like he’s scared.  He is a great leader and much like Josh,  he’s has improved each and every year. 

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Shheeesh! Take it easy man I know it’s late in the day, and you might have been celebrating with a couple wobbly pops, but you don’t need to go on a tirade here. It doesn’t make you look better. You don’t have more credibility because you just told us you were higher on the totem pole.

Try and enjoy the win, look forward to next weeks playoff game, and if they don’t win, guess what? You’re still going to be alive.

I love football as much as the next guy, but making it the difference between having a great day and not is something I am happy to have left behind.

I did enjoy the win, I’m not the one who called myself and a few other members and said we weren’t fans because we question certain decisions during a game. If I wasn’t enjoying myself,  I wouldn’t be here. None of this is serious and I only quoted what he said about me. In the big picture, I could not care less…

A few random observations about the game:

1) I thought it was interesting how the Bills lined Ed Oliver up at times at DE. He got one of his sacks from the DE position.

2) Zach Wilson was bad. But I have to think that the NYJ bad playcalling, Wilson without his main receivers and starting olineMen, and the wind were major factors. He can’t be as bad as he looked today. 

3) I think the wind impacted our offense a lot. That said, the jets sort of also made some solid defensive plays (albeit barely). They stopped the Bills a lot by like a yard or two on 3rd downs. The way Haack was punting, I think the Bills were probably better off going for it. But those stops right at the sticks a bunch really kept the jets in the game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I know… but I thought Josh played terrific against NE in worse weather conditions… he sucked today passing IMO… his receivers didn’t help him out but some of his decisions and passes were off for the 2nd straight week… just my opinion. 

No. Just no. The weather was awful, and the opponent couldn’t handle it at all. Always factor in the broader context — that is, how the conditions affect the opponent too. The Bills had literally 8 times the number of yards as the Jets. Think about that.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Has Haack been cut yet? 😂

It was the wind.I was at the game. I thought what was his problem, but the Jets had the same problem punting into the wind.As soon as the ball got high enough, it died.  It was so cold with the wind chill. My thighs and feet were numb.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.