1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

55 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

This team has instilled zero condicldence in me in the last few weeks that they have the mental fortitude to take on the teams in the playoffs. 

Really ?   We just won 27-10.  In cold weather and high winds we gained 424 yards.  The Jets gained 53.  

Do you think we are going to score 40+ points every week??? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Always been like that in the winter months. The stadium being basically underground allow the wind to blow through.

I don’t remember it being this way for so many games. You might get some really cold games some snow games, but not this many high wind games. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen sucked for just about all of the day.  Two weeks in a row he’s struggled passing the ball…. And two weeks in a row close games against bad opponents. Can’t have these kind of performances in the playoffs against the better teams of the league or they’ll be bounced WC weekend. 

I see it differently.  I think for 2 weeks in a row he took chances because he felt he could. And when needed.. he pulled it back in and easily won the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Dominating in clock, yards,  blocked punt and up by 3 in the 4th quarter, and after seeing them lose every one score game this year, yeah, white knuckle.

As I mentioned way back on page 2 of this thread, today's game in terms of yards gained vs. yards allowed was the second best game in BUFFALO BILLS HISTORY.

We out-gained the Jets 424-53!  

The fact that the game was 13-10 in the FOURTH QUARTER tells you more than a few things didn't go according to plan.

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Really ?   We just won 27-10.  In cold weather and high winds we gained 424 yards.  The Jets gained 53.  

Do you think we are going to score 40+ points every week??? 

It didn’t seem like the announcers were making as big a deal of the wind as the NE game. But late in the game they showed a Bills flag that was straight across and whipping constantly. I wasn’t at the game but it looked pretty nasty.

I think people got frustrated with some play calling. Like running up the gut on 2nd and 15 which isn’t our strong point. But everyone’s expectations have been raised pretty high these days, probably a little too high. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the wind at their back Buffalo scored on 4 of their 6 possessions and the 2 they didn't score on were the end of the game and the one where they missed the 4th down after the quarter change. On the flip side, the Jets scored twice on 9 possessions with the wind.

Where the personnel needs to be upgraded is they need guards who can run block so they can run in the RZ and in these wind games. As it stands, they'll have to involve Allen in the run game more but they weren't doing that today. Into the wind, defenses are going to press and hope that they don't get beat over the top since QBs can't really put air under the ball. Things got out of synch a little because Josh will go for those but the receivers won't always run them.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Please go away.

The worst part is you could literally see in his eyes he wasnt ready.  Cant recall seeing that in a game before.

My wife said He looks scared.

He’s sad and insecure that for the 10000000 straight time , his jets let him down 

51 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can someone explain to me Zach Wilson? I actually thought coming into this game that he was a lot better and much more elusive too. That was probably the worst performance by a QB against us this year. 

Poor man’s drew lock

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I don’t remember it being this way for so many games. You might get some really cold games some snow games, but not this many high wind games. 

I go back to the Rockpile days, and sat through many a windy day.  It is odd to get two so close together.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

hahah good one...

damn patriot fans need to go back to their own message board.  

BYE @Meatloaf63  go back to your real fan board

So some 🤡 from California is now the authority of what makes a good fan or not? Ok, I’ve probably been to more games in person then you’ve watched on tv. I don’t accept poor decisions and planning like you do, as I know against better competition the mistakes made for two quarters can easily lead to a loss. You can be happy with an AFC EAST title, I’ve seen enough of those to know in the big picture  it means nothing if we can’t 3 playoff games. Enjoy your  cupcakes and Unicorns happy boy…

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Offense sucked for most of the day. Allen had another bad game through the air…. Thankfully it was the Jets.

Allen had an excellent passing game today CONSIDERING THE WIND.  Why Bills "fans" don't understand this is beyond me.  And Allen came close to having 2 more TD passes on great throws to Davis & Diggs in the end zone that missed by inches. 

You are NOT going to see a QB go 30/40 for 350 yards and 4 TD's on days like this.  During the Kelly/Bills run from 1988 - 1994 there were numerous bad weather games in Rich Stadium and the offense looked a lot worse then it did today.  This is how these games look even if you have several HOF players on offense like we did back in day.

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

You think the wind was strong enough to blow receiviers into the wrong routes? Or throw the ball to the cut the receiver didn't make? 

Come on. 

You think that is what I meant.  Come on.  Are we having intelligent conversation or just rolling out hyperbole?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

As I mentioned way back on page 2 of this thread, today's game in terms of yards gained vs. yards allowed was the second best game in BUFFALO BILLS HISTORY.

We out-gained the Jets 424-53!  

The fact that the game was 13-10 in the FOURTH QUARTER tells you more than a few things didn't go according to plan.

Jeebus, I didn’t realize it was that big a spread! 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I go back to the Rockpile days, and sat through many a windy day.  It is odd to get two so close together.

I had upper deck seats from mid 80’s to mid 90’s. I remember the cold, I think the last game of the season I believe against the Jets my buddy’s father got frostbite in a couple toes. I remember using battery charged heated socks that would die by middle of 3rd quarter. I remember Jim Kelly’s first year against Cleveland where we were getting our butts kicked and there was so much snow in the stands people were throwing snow balls, that was the beginning of the great shovel projects LOL. I just don’t remember so many high wind games.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen had an excellent passing game today CONSIDERING THE WIND.  Why Bills "fans" don't understand this is beyond me.  And Allen came close to having 2 more TD passes on great throws to Davis & Diggs in the end zone that missed by inches. 

You are NOT going to see a QB go 30/40 for 350 yards and 4 TD's on days like this.  During the Kelly/Bills run from 1988 - 1994 there were numerous bad weather games in Rich Stadium and the offense looked a lot worse then it did today.  This is how these games look even if you have several HOF players on offense like we did back in day.

Seemed like the announcers only really mentioned the winds when our wonderful punter was screwing up. But late in the game they showed a flag just whipping. I think it was much worse conditions then we were led to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

lol so you decide to choose me currently living in CA as your "go to insult" considering I was born in NY, grew up in FL, lived in CA, and VA. 

STFU about how many games you been too, what im saying is dont cheer if you want McD fired.  You dont deserve too.

so keep puffing your bird chest out and acting like you are higher in the totem pole when in reality you are most likely under educated and have a hard time solving complex problems..

goo pats right????

Oooohhhh boy, someone's triggered.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It seemed they were passing more against the wind even though it wasn’t going well. Could be to have more reps in it moving forward. We had control of that game from start to finish despite the terrible punting. Jets only made one play on O all game, just happened to be a big one.  With the wind at are back the O was almost flawless. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The afterglow

1. AFC EAST CHAMPS B2B

2. Haack is a hack... Sheesh

3. That third quarter was UGLY.  But that defense never let the Jets move the ball.

4. Diggs got his bonus

5. That Allen stiff arm on the first TD is going to win Angry Runs this week.

6. There was evidence of a rushing attack today

7. Hard to believe Allen had 239 yards passing today.  Didn't seem like it.

8. The Knox over the shoulder catch was a thing of beauty

9. Gotta believe Zach was seeing ghosts today

10. 52 yards total offense from the J-E-T-S.  Crazy game.  Bills dominate TOP, yards and plays.  And only led by 3..

11. Bring on the Chargers...  Or the Patriots... 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CaliBills said:

lol so you decide to choose me currently living in CA as your "go to insult" considering I was born in NY, grew up in FL, lived in CA, and VA. 

STFU about how many games you been too, what im saying is dont cheer if you want McD fired.  You dont deserve too.

so keep puffing your bird chest out and acting like you are higher in the totem pole when in reality you are most likely under educated and have a hard time solving complex problems..

goo pats right????

Dumb🤡 I didn’t say anything about McDermott being fired fool. I’ve complained about Daboll and he deserves every word said about him, he gets saved by Allen more often then not. So shut your uneducated pie hole. I am higher on the totem pole, much higher than someone who thinks being a fan is ball washing your team even when parts of them  under perform.

3 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It seemed they were passing more against the wind even though it wasn’t going well. Could be to have more reps in it moving forward. We had control of that game from start to finish despite the terrible punting. Jets only made one play on O all game, just happened to be a big one.  With the wind at are back the O was almost flawless. 

And don't forget that in the 3r quarter and going into the wind we had two drives stall out because of offensive line penalties.  The 2nd penalty on Bates took back a 10 yard McKenzie run that gave us a first down inside the Jets the 30yard line. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The Bills were smart. they took the ball, so controlled which direction we would kick the ball on the second half.  it’s important to have the wind in the 4th if it’s a factor

Bills lost the coin flip and Jets deferred to 2nd half

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.