1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

For the long timers, I recall snow when I was a kid, but was the wind like this in the old days?  Feels like this is new but maybe its just more of a story?

This was like the Cleveland game which people still in stands (including me) just wanted game to end no matter who won.

Add we had a weapon as punter.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

Edited by Limeaid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

For the long timers, I recall snow when I was a kid, but was the wind like this in the old days?  Feels like this is new but maybe its just more of a story?

Always been like that in the winter months. The stadium being basically underground allow the wind to blow through.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Wind was definitely the issue. It affected special teams and it affected the passing game. You think it was pure coincidence we  didn’t punt once when having the wind and scored 24 points? C’mon bro smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Hyde said the wind was comparable to the pats mnf game!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Dominating in clock, yards,  blocked punt and up by 3 in the 4th quarter, and after seeing them lose every one score game this year, yeah, white knuckle.

I get it. but when are we going to trust the team?

i guess 20+ years of failure will do that to someone

39 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Colts lost to the Jags.

Packers lost to the Lions.

Rams lost to 49ers.

Cardinals lost to Seahawks.

Texans pushed the Titans all the way.

This has not been an easy evening for a lot of Play Off bound teams. We have question marks but let's enjoy the win and, for goodness sake, let the offense practice in the wind during the week!

Pats lost to the Dolphins!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Been on this board a lot longer than you and followed this team since 1963. Bite me.

Hey man, if my remark isn't accurate about you, then it isn't about you.

But the only thing "Billsy" about the current team is the BBFS displayed by a segment of posters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Hey man, if my remark isn't accurate about you, then it isn't about you.

But the only thing "Billsy" about the current team is the BBFS displayed by a segment of posters. 

You quoted me. Just sayin. Hey, new season starts now. I was just hoping for all three phases to look sharp. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Following since 1963, seen it all. I was just hoping to see better in all 3 phases. Loved the D. 

this is just me, but maybe just set expectations to a certain level.  Expecting perfections ALWAYS leads to disappointment.

Which is why I get so frustrated with people wanting the FIRST coach since Levy that has been successful consistently  to be fired.. Its liks FFS we are finally good and you want to gamble on "maybe good" just to have bragging rights.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, CaliBills said:

this is just me, but maybe just set expectations to a certain level.  Expecting perfections ALWAYS leads to disappointment.

Which is why I get so frustrated with people wanting the FIRST coach since Levy to be fired.. Its liks FFS we are finally good and you want to gamble on "maybe good" just to have bragging rights.

Anybody who wants McD fired is a Pats fan. This regime has resurrected the dead and maintains a winning culture in a small market. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Wind was definitely the issue. It affected special teams and it affected the passing game. You think it was pure coincidence we  didn’t punt once when having the wind and scored 24 points? C’mon bro smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

All of the misqueues on offense were mental errors and execution errors. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Anybody who wants McD fired is a Pats fan. This regime has resurrected the dead and maintains a winning culture in a small market. 

Maybe not McD haters but there was plenty of Josh Allen haters who wanted Josh Rosen or Mayfield. You'll  never find even one of them now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

OMG thank you.

Perfect response to my drunken posting and it makes me happy 

thank you again

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can someone explain to me Zach Wilson? I actually thought coming into this game that he was a lot better and much more elusive too. That was probably the worst performance by a QB against us this year. 

He needs to learn to throw the ball away.

20 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Ill just leave this here. 

A wild Zach Wilson fleeing from it's natural predator Matt Milano.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Maybe not McD haters but there was plenty of Josh Allen haters who wanted Josh Rosen or Mayfield. You'll  never find even one of them now.

I was always happy with the Allen pick,  I said Mayfield would be a bust and maybe not a bust but not great either.  Allen is the most gifted QB since John Elway, great wheels and athletic talent and one of the strongest arms ever.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yes, we only eked out 424 yards on O, another lucky day... 👍

While giving up a whopping 52 yards! I think that was the final total. NINE sacks? The D gave up one play all day long.

Throwing the ball in 20 mph winds is no fun. I wish we had run more, but I’ll gladly take the AFCE title. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼 
You, you, you, you, STFU….

hahah good one...

damn patriot fans need to go back to their own message board.  

BYE @Meatloaf63  go back to your real fan board

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.