Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-add-gabriel-davis-and-cody-ford-to-the-reserve-covid-19-list

Star Lotulelei will miss a second practice for "Personal Reasons" - WTF?

If he misses this game for personal reasons, he should just retire or Beane should retire him.  

While I hope nothing tragic happened, football is not his priority and we can’t afford this crap with him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Two of our top 3 receiving threats out. LT still out. LG out still? We are so screwed. 

Defense is going to have to ball out and  create turnovers. Takeaways have really dried up in all of the Bills losses this year.

Let's go Kumerow and McKenzie. 

I’m fine with Diggs - Sanders - McKenzie - Knox..  More worried about our OL that we hoped would get better this week, and somehow got worse. 

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll just needs to run a safe quick strike pass attack. 2-3 step drops and short slants. Josh will not have the time for long developing routes. 

If Brown is going to be LT again call plays that take advantage of his athleticism. Pin and pull runs to the left, screens to the left, designed Allen runs, etc.

Also the defense needs to step up. No excuses for them. The offense is hurting right now and they need the defense to help carry them this week. Is anyone on the defense going to make a game changing play? Been a while since we've seen one of those.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Feliciano took that treatment earlier this week, is he cleared to play?

The two most used monoclonal have no effect on omicron. Most places have shut down their MAB clinics. 

There is a third MAB  sotrovimab that has some effect but it has very limited supply. 300 doses for the entire state of Oregon 

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

These players owe it to the team take all reasonable efforts to be ready to play each week.  They rehab like crazy, play with broken hands, torn MCL... but won't get a simple vaccine to greatly increase the odds of missing as few games as possible.

I have to think that some vaccinated players are pissed that their teammates didn't make every effort available to be ready to play in the biggest game of the season.

But like the code of silence they can't say anything......  But have to put up with the unvaxxed crap.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Pats players all of a sudden start testing positive on Monday. I wouldn't put it past them to make sure they have everyone important on the field for Sunday. BB can't handle losing, and especially to Buffalo. Call it sour grapes, but once a cheater, always a cheater. They seem to have come away pretty unscathed so far this season.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Meanwhile, the media and Patriots fans will totally ignore this and make judgments on the Bills based on this game. It's infuriating.

as if I give an actual dang what pats* or their fanbase has to think about anything....Im not trying to stifle banter I just dont care what they think or have to say about the Bills....consider the source! Garbage in garbage out.

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

With the latest variants vaccination no longer prevents covid spread.  What vaccination does do is reduce symptom intensity, hospital visits and deaths.  So unless the very few unvaccinated players in the NFL are getting sick & being hospitalized I don't see what their vaccine decision has to do with not playing. 

The fact is that the NFL should be changing it's rules on the fly.  They need to adopt practical rules that will allow those that CAN play to play regardless of their covid status.  They should treat this like the flu where if you're really sick you don't play but if the symptoms are mild you can play.

I just don't see the logic in blaming unvaccinated players for the current #### storm when over 97% of the players are vaccinated.  In the face of the new covid variants it's the rules the NFL has adopted that are the problem here NOT the unvaccinated players.

Vaccination is the difference between getting tested way more often and mandatorily missing 10 days and often 2 games vs. having a shot to play with a negative test.  The rules were clear.  Vaccination is a competitive advantage.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If a player was going out to the clubs every night I would get the anger aimed at them for catching the covid.  But it seems petty & spiteful and a bit crazy to hate on unvaccinated players for catching the covid.  In case folks haven't noticed a lot of vaccinated players are catching the covid and missing at least one game.

Some of these posts have to much of a Salem Witch burning reaction for my taste.

I think the anger would be more fairly aimed at an NFL that isn't being flexible enough or aware enough of the rapidly changing situation in the world of covid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, galept said:

Doesn't matter. Protocols allow vaxxed players to return much faster.

yeah, but I guess my point is that I haven’t seen anyone return much faster. Dawkins and Feliciano are both vaccinated and will miss two games at least. That said, I get your main point— we were always at a competitive disadvantage without 100% vax rate. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If a player was going out to the clubs every night I would get the anger aimed at them for catching the covid.  But it seems petty & spiteful and a bit crazy to hate on unvaccinated players for catching the covid.  In case folks haven't noticed a lot of vaccinated players are catching the covid and missing at least one game.

Some of these posts have to much of a Salem Witch burning reaction for my taste.

I think the anger would be more fairly aimed at an NFL that isn't being flexible enough or aware enough of the rapidly changing situation in the world of covid.

Thank you

It's over 10% of the league now has tested positive.  How many miss this weeks games I don't know.  

Travis Kelce Tyreek Hill Dalvin Cook the Saints QB and Taysum Hill....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Brown is going to be LT again call plays that take advantage of his athleticism. Pin and pull runs to the left, screens to the left, designed Allen runs, etc.

Also the defense needs to step up. No excuses for them. The offense is hurting right now and they need the defense to help carry them this week. Is anyone on the defense going to make a game changing play? Been a while since we've seen one of those.

KC gameplan all day long.   Tight splits.  Prioritize protection.  Selective deep shots.   Play action.  

Problem is that it’s Friday and they may have worked something completely different all week.  I’m happy Beasley went out early.  Better than having him go today and having had to scrap his part of the plan if they were planning on ball control passing to extend the run game and to get the ball out fast with the makeshift  OL.  So maybe the loss of Davis won’t require as big an adjustment. 

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If he misses this game for personal reasons, he should just retire or Beane should retire him.  

While I hope nothing tragic happened, football is not his priority and we can’t afford this crap with him. 

I'm hoping this is a planned ploy to keep unvaxxed Star healthy until kickoff. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My frustration is largely due to watching some of these guys base their principled stands on the equivalent of memes my Q-Anon leaning aunt likes to share.    

EDIT: Give me a thumbs down and let me know you got duped from some loser on 4Chan.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So the ten day rule is not longer a thing?

Why does it matter?   Vaxxed players are missing multiple games as well… just depends when they test positive.   

If Gabe tested positive when Cole did, your argument is nonexistent. 

I said during the preseason we would lose our shot at a Lombardi due to Covid.  And I’m sure fans of other teams said the same.

I believe the owners should have mandated vaccination as soon as the vaccines cleared the FDA.  Further, at this point if you’re vaccinated and not sick you should be able to play.   I expect the latter will be the case with the omicron variant assuming it is as mild in the U.S. as it is elsewhere.

Cur the freedom shouters and the vaccines don’t completely eradicate Covid crowd.  When you join in I’ll destroy the arguments as they come up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nucci said:

Come on, You're better than this. What would Bobby C do?

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, on this solemn occasion, to pay tribute to the latest attempt to bring a title to the beleaguered followers of this God-forsaken NFL franchise.. It must be said here, this was a most valiant effort, engineered by two young and bright minds with no previous ties to the Hellish annual 10 months of dark winter that is Western New York. Their Chosen One, the brightest of stars, was selected to lead the forlorn city to great heights never before realized, only to fall victim yet again to the POX cursed upon these poor souls from demons beyond. Soon, they -as the countless others who proceeded them, will leave for greener pastures where the Gods indeed smile. No such honor can be bestowed on these poor, wretched souls, unworthy though they may be.. 

Peace be with you.

Amen.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

With the latest variants vaccination no longer prevents covid spread.  What vaccination does do is reduce symptom intensity, hospital visits and deaths.  So unless the very few unvaccinated players in the NFL are getting sick & being hospitalized I don't see what their vaccine decision has to do with not playing. 

The fact is that the NFL should be changing it's rules on the fly.  They need to adopt practical rules that will allow those that CAN play to play regardless of their covid status.  They should treat this like the flu where if you're really sick you don't play but if the symptoms are mild you can play.

I just don't see the logic in blaming unvaccinated players for the current #### storm when over 97% of the players are vaccinated.  In the face of the new covid variants it's the rules the NFL has adopted that are the problem here NOT the unvaccinated players.

Unvaccinated positive players , like Davis, can miss up to 2 games based on the date of the positive test. Vaccinated players can come back within 24 hours of a negative test. There's a big difference, like the rules or not, they are the rules.  Unvaccinated players are more at risk of missing multiple games, it's a fact.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Don't mind some people, they have alot of opinions about people's choices on their own medical care.

Focused on this game, let’s go Bills. Little light on personnel but I still Billeve we can pull it off as long as we have JA17

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, but I guess my point is that I haven’t seen anyone return much faster. Dawkins and Feliciano are both vaccinated and will miss two games at least. That said, I get your main point— we were always at a competitive disadvantage without 100% vax rate. 

miyagi u know Ima heart on my sleeve poster. This bolded is so true and so tragic at the same time my reaction was it teared me up. SMH

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

They should put everything outside - practice, meetings, etc. 

McDermott said they are doing virtual meetings and all practice is outside. Plus with NFL protocols everyone is required to mask up indoors at the facility and social distancing is mandatory in the cafeteria. I would be surprised if they got covid at OBD.

But they can't control what the players are doing outside of the facility. Every NFL player, vaccinated or not, should put themselves in a bubble right now.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think the Vinings should have cut Dalvin Cook.  It was the only way forward.  

Beasley ain’t no Dalvin Cook.  And Beasley was much more vocal.  And Bills have to be one of the least vaxxed teams in NFL.   Beane saw this coming but got put in his place by Demaurice Smith.  If Beane shipped Beasley out, there’s no doubt some of the other un-vaxxed would’ve got over their issues.  

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Vaccination is the difference between getting tested way more often and mandatorily missing 10 days and often 2 games vs. having a shot to play with a negative test.  The rules were clear.  Vaccination is a competitive advantage.  

If it was a competitive advantage, Mayfield would have been cleared for last Monday's game.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He just swept them last year

He’s 2-7 overall, the wins count but they were also in the one year NE sucked.

More importantly if we go 0-2 vs them in a year where we desperately needed to just split while we have the better QB would be an atrocity. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's true but in the age of Omicron these rules no longer make sense.  I'm just not going to blindly follow the rules here. The reality is that setting the very small number of unvaccinated players aside, most of the players MISSING games have been fully vaccinated.

I get folks want their scapegoats but when 97% of the league IS VACCINTED there are other forces at work here.

Everyone knew the rules.  Stop blaming the rules.  

At the beginning of the season vaccinated people were not testing positive en masse.  Omicron to the Beasleys out there has been like hitting your inside straight draw on the river and saying you knew it all along.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1