Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

One thing that could very interesting is that pats would have been for sure practicing for Gabe Davis playing.  Throwing out McKenzie Stevenson with sanders and diggs gives us a quickness that they may not be expecting.  Jet sweeps and running the ball may put pats on their heals early.  

I expect a lot of 2TE looks now too.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Don't mind some people, they have alot of opinions about people's choices on their own medical care.

Football players don't make their own choices on their medical care. They follow the advice of the team physician. If Dawson Knox had decided that instead of following the recommended treatment for his fractured hand, he was going to consult with an acupuncturist, you would have been cool with that? You think it's okay that Michael Thomas made his own medical choice against the recommendation of his team's physicians and missed a whole season because of it? We're not talking about Joe the plumber. These are professional athletes who get paid millions of dollars to put their body on the line and do everything in their power to be available for their team.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I said during the preseason we would lose our shot at a Lombardi due to Covid.  And I’m sure fans of other teams said the same.

I believe the owners should have mandated vaccination as soon as the vaccines cleared the FDA.  Further, at this point if you’re vaccinated and not sick you should be able to play.   I expect the latter will be the case with the omicron variant assuming it is as mild in the U.S. as it is elsewhere.

Cur the freedom shouters and the vaccines don’t completely eradicate Covid crowd.  When you join in I’ll destroy the arguments as they come up.

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-bruce-arians-says-buccaneers-are-100-percent-vaccinated-against-covid-19

It's a Belichick-worthy form of "cheating" - the intense pressure brought by Arians (and I suspect Brady) on his players to all get vaccinated violates at least the spirit of the NFL-NFLPA agreement.

Some may call it unfair, some may call it leadership. They had it, we didn't.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, on this solemn occasion, to pay tribute to the latest attempt to bring a title to the beleaguered followers of this God-forsaken NFL franchise.. It must be said here, this was a most valiant effort, engineered by two young and bright minds with no previous ties to the Hellish annual 10 months of dark winter that is Western New York. Their Chosen One, the brightest of stars, was selected to lead the forlorn city to great heights never before realized, only to fall victim yet again to the POX cursed upon these poor souls from demons beyond. Soon, they -as the countless others who proceeded them, will leave for greener pastures where the Gods indeed smile. No such honor can be bestowed on these poor, wretched souls, unworthy though they may be.. 

Peace be with you.

Amen.

Chandler81 waxing poetic on Christmas Eve lol Best to you and yours

what is up with these football gods anyway we cant ever have nice things......................SMH

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All I know is going forward I don't want to hear about whatever success the Bills had in 2020 is negated because of covid and no fans in the stadium because it seems like covid has had more an effect this season in the league than last around the league.

This is why it was so important to stack wins early in the season before it got really crazy. That lost to Jacksonville might seal our fate this year though I think if we win the next 2 games we should be fine

Edited by Protocal69
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

One thing that could very interesting is that pats would have been for sure practicing for Gabe Davis playing.  Throwing out McKenzie Stevenson with sanders and diggs gives us a quickness that they may not be expecting.  Jet sweeps and running the ball may put pats on their heals early.  

I expect a lot of 2TE looks now too.  

Come on , that's a reach. 

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Everyone knew the rules.  Stop blaming the rules.  

At the beginning of the season vaccinated people were not testing positive en masse.  Omicron to the Beasleys out there has been like hitting your inside straight draw on the river and saying you knew it all along.  

Maybe the NFL needs to rethink their rules ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If it was a competitive advantage, Mayfield would have been cleared for last Monday's game.

You don't get it do you? Mayfield will be back this week, Davis is out 2 games, zero chance of that changing. Mayfield had a chance to play last week.  An advantage doesn't mean a guarantee. Kinda like home field advantage doesn't mean you win every home game.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Everyone knew the rules.  Stop blaming the rules.  

At the beginning of the season vaccinated people were not testing positive en masse.  Omicron to the Beasleys out there has been like hitting your inside straight draw on the river and saying you knew it all along.  

The rules are human creations and when circumstances change it's stupid not to change the rules to reflect it. The covid world today is vastly different then the one we were in at the start of the season. That alone means the rules need to change.  And the NFL agrees with this as they have changed the rules.   The only problem is that they have been to cautious in changing their rules.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Gonna be a tougher game for sure.  Wish NFL teams figured out a way to lesson the possibility of covid infections.  Unless they played all their games in closed locations and had no outside contact, that would be the only way and that isn’t feasible.  Maybe what’s happening across the NFL will change how players think about the vax? Most likely will cause the NFL leadership to make changes (definitely try) before next season.  Can’t stop the money train.

I’d be concerned we are headed for an outbreak on the team, but the players we’ve lost so far make this game losable either way.

In the end.  Is this team good enough when healthy to make a deep run in the playoffs?  I had my doubts.  

8 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

He’s 2-7 overall, the wins count but they were also in the one year NE sucked.

More importantly if we go 0-2 vs them in a year where we desperately needed to just split while we have the better QB would be an atrocity. 

Pats beat the Bills for 20 years when the Bills sucked and the Pats never had to say sorry so neither do we.

8 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Well....  apparently we still have a bunch of idiots who play for the Bills who don't feel their multi-million dollar salaries are worth getting a shot for - that might not only save their career - but their freakin' lives!  How foolish are ALL the other millions of people who HAVE done their part and gotten the shot to save THEIR jobs and lives.  Clearly the rest of us are total idiots - and THEY are the smart ones.  😖

Sorry - ZERO patience anymore for the unvaxxed.

Flame away for all the folks who will rationalize ANY of this crap!

Thank you for following the board rules about not making COVID talks political

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/tampa-bay-buccaneers-bruce-arians-says-buccaneers-are-100-percent-vaccinated-against-covid-19

It's a Belichick-worthy form of "cheating" - the intense pressure brought by Arians (and I suspect Brady) on his players to all get vaccinated violates at least the spirit of the NFL-NFLPA agreement.

Some may call it unfair, some may call it leadership. They had it, we didn't.

This is the same team where AB didn't get vaxxed, used a fake Vax card, and ended up being suspended - and then let back on the team?

This same team?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't get the let people get it stuff. Why do people want to get sick?

No one wants people to get sick but when does it end ? 

People have gotten bad flus for centuries and we did nothing to protect the immunocompromised or the except offer them the option of getting a flu shot which may or not protect them against every possible flu variant out there.  Did you see anyone wearing a mask prior to March 2020 except for those who recently went through chemo ? 

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some fans just seem to somehow ignore that every team in the league is dealing with this, most players vaccinated, and everyone is still missing 1-2 games. 

As I've said three times now, NFL protocols allow vaccinated players to return more quickly. Some fans seem to somehow ignore the fact that there's a difference.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, CSBill said:

While I hate that any are out, I actually am not that worried about the WR position. Our back-ups are solid there.

The bigger issue is Ford, if no Dawkins or Feliciano, our o-line is getting very thin. …. Bates, Doyle, opportunity and time to step up and produce. 

Well, Allen is used to playing behind a turnstile OLine. As long as a guy or 2 can step up and play mediocre it's not a huge drop off from normal.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

If it really was a serious question, Phil would ask a doctor or listen to the ones already discussing this, not ask on twitter.

Maybe he's asking because there are so many different opinions on the vax and he thinks Dr. Fauci is a clown. 

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You don't get it do you? Mayfield will be back this week, Davis is out 2 games, zero chance of that changing. Mayfield had a chance to play last week.  An advantage doesn't mean a guarantee. Kinda like home field advantage doesn't mean you win every home game.

What I get is that the differentiation between vaxxed and unvaxxed players should not exist in the NFL rules. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's not about liking or disliking the rules it's about whether the rues make any sense in TODAY'S covid world.  The worst thing the NFL can do is blindly stick to their rules in the face of new treatments, waning vaccine efficacy, booster shots and a new highly infectious but relatively mild strain of covid.

And while in theory a vaccinated player can come back in 24 hours if they test negative how many actually are?  It seems like a lot of vaccinated folks are missing games to. In fact the vast majority of those missing games today are vaccinated.

IMO the NFL has two choices:

* Put the players in a bubble and mandate vaccination AND the booster shot.  Heck, are those that don't have the booster shot really fully vaccinated????

Treat covid infections like you would the flu and players play if their symptoms are mild enough to let them pay.

I don't know the best solution to the covid issue, but the idea of treating it like a less harmful virus and see what happens seems like a rather careless regard for the health and safety of the players. We are still averaging over 1000 deaths a day from covid and no other virus comes close to that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Maybe he's asking because there are so many different opinions on the vax and he thinks Dr. Fauci is a clown. 

Then he's not a serious person to not trust a dr with over 40 years experience in the field.  Obviously many opinions on the vax, doesn't make them credible.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, galept said:

Do you understand that protocols allow vaccinated players to return more quickly?

Yes but in reality they are still missing games.  My understanding is that both Washington & the Browns starting and backup QB's were fully vaccinated yet still missed their games.

And I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better if Beasley & Davis were both vaccinated.  It would have been as the CHANCE they could come back sooner is real.

But the crisis facing the NFL is not caused by the unvaccianted.  Plenty of the vaccinated are missing games and it's only going to get worse if the NFL doesn't change the rules.