Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This is the kind of logic we have been living with the last two years. Your analogies make no sense and don’t relate at all. 

If you can't understand the analogy as spot on, I don't know what to tell you.  When personal decisions impact other people, you have to take the rights of other people into account.  If your failure to get a vaccine would only impact you, then knock yourself and take your chances.  But when you make other people sick, then it is not just a personal choice.  Thus the drunk driver analogy is exactly the same as a failure to vaccinate and mask.    But Merry Christmas!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Whether you think it's selfish is irrelevant.

Your opinion on the protocol is irrelevant. The rule is the rule. As the rule stands any player that chose not to get vaccinated made it more likely that they would miss valuable time with their team. Davis and Beasley missed a couple days of training camp and now they are missing games. This was more likely to happen because of their decision. So they quite literally put themselves before the team. 94.6% of NFL players are vaccinated. We don't need to pretend the few holdouts are some shining example of being principled. Most of them have gotten with the program because they recognize their team is the most important thing.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Your opinion on the protocol is irrelevant. The rule is the rule. As the rule stands any player that chose not to get vaccinated made it more likely that they would miss valuable time with their team. Davis and Beasley missed a couple days of training camp and now they are missing games. This was more likely to happen because of their decision. So they quite literally put themselves before the team. 94.6% of NFL players are vaccinated. We don't need to pretend the few holdouts are some shining example of being principled.

As they should ... it's their bodies and I respect their right to personal choice. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, gobillsatthebeach said:

Think of the Polio vaccine.  People got vaccinated and it went away.  If everyone got vaccinated, the chances of receiving, spreading, and getting major symptoms ie breathing trouble, and for the vulneralble, death would be greatly diminished.

To be fair a much better way to think of this is the flu vaccine.  If everybody gets the flu shot the severity of the flu season will be diminished as will hospitalizations and deaths but a lot of people will still get the flu and some will get very sick and even die.

With the arrival of the Omicron variant of covid it's hard not to see the virus as having become endemic in the human population.  We have reached the point with available vaccines and treatments to start treating covid infections like the flu.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, GLP said:

Yup, saw this coming before the beginning of the season. Unvaccinated players getting COVID. Just GREAT.

Cool story bro. Now let's do one about who's in the hospital that's been vaccinated versus unvaccinated. Surprise, the only hospitalizations on the team are vaccinated players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be fair a much better way to think of this is the flu vaccine.  If everybody gets the flu shot the severity of the flu season will be diminished as will hospitalizations and deaths but a lot of people will still get the flu and some will get very sick and even die.

With the arrival of the Omicron variant of covid it's hard not to see the virus as having become endemic in the human population.  We have reached the point with available vaccines and treatments to start treating covid infections like the flu.

Delta is still circulating. Maybe it will be gone in 3 weeks, but it is still out there. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So you're saying you took ivermectin because, after all, you didn't trust Big Pharma, and you took Big Pharma-created monoclonal antibodies because, well, having COVID is no time to be a political purist?

i took it because i believed it would work and it did. i didn't take the vaccine cause i didn't think it would work and it doesnt seem to stop anyone from getting covid. and this is still a free country so i have that right to choose 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The pandemic has been and will continue into the endemic phase. It's time for some to let the Covid Zero mentality go, not good for mental health. Let's get on with things and figure out how to move on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, air2mud82 said:

Cool story bro. Now let's do one about who's in the hospital that's been vaccinated versus unvaccinated. Surprise, the only hospitalizations on the team are vaccinated players.

Currently, that is a sample size of 1, Feliciano who went to the hospital briefly. However Dion Dawkins 1st Covid experience counts (not fully vax'd, hospitalized) as does Tommy Sweeney (pre-vax, got myocarditis, may or may not have been in the hospital). Those are the ones we know of, there could have been other players who visited the hospital and chose not to disclose it.

The vaccines have proven to reduce hospitalizations across millions of people. Using a sample size of NFL players is worthless data. So are individual anecdotes. By now everyone probably knows someone who was unvaccinated and had no serious symptoms, or maybe none at all. That has been possible from day 1 and no one disputes it. 

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, it means they would have been much less likely to miss games.

This is Beasley’s first missed game. How many has vaccinated Feliciano missed?

Can we really say that the unvaccinated Bills are at higher risk for missing games? 

Sure the rules work against them, but to my eye, it doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference missing games.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why would you blame the unvaccianted players?  They are NOT driving the covid spread in the NFL. In fact with 97% of the league vaccinated the unvaccinated players contribution to this is like a pea on an elephants back.  Heck Dawkins IS vaccinated and missed games because of the covid. Even with the new rules the NFL adopted vaccinated players are still catching covid and not clearing up quickly.

How else is this virus spreading? 🤷🤷

So 97% of the league is vaccinated, and we're going to be upset at microscopic numbers of unvaccinated. Why don't we be pissed that the vaccinated are most likely the ones spreading it and causing the significant majority of disruption.

Vaccinated? We're mad at the league

Unvaccinated? We're mad at you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Davis is a huge loss.  Hopefully Sanders can come back.  If not we may not have enough horses.  

Diggs, Sanders and McKenzie with help from Kumerow and Stevenson.  Not ideal but we have had much worse.  

I think missing Ford is a even bigger problem.  

Brown, Ike, Morse, Bates, Williams.   => ugh. 

And that's if they all stay healthy until and during the game. There's only Doyle and practice squad players behind them. And meanwhile the Pats have lost how many to Covid? One backup? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How else is this virus spreading? 🤷🤷

I’m vaccinated and boosted.  I have COVID right now and got it from my friend who is also vaccinated and boosted.

People need to stop thinking the vaccination keeps you from getting it or spreading it, that’s not at all what it does.

Yea it can reduce the odds of getting it and spreading it, but new variants lessen that.  The vaccination purpose is to significantly reduce the chances of getting severe reactions that require hospitalization or death.  It improves recovery time as well and shortens the window in which you are contagious to others.

So the breakout going on in the NFL has nothing to do with unvaccinated players.  Anyone and everyone can, and is, spreading it. 

However, if you are vaccinated the time to return to the field can be shortened versus unvaccinated because your timeline of how long you can be contagious to others is shorter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Can we really say that the unvaccinated Bills are at higher risk for missing games? 

Yes, clearly. As of the newest protocol unvaccinated players are tested daily. Vaccinated players are tested infrequently at random. Since omicron is spreading so fast I believe most if not all unvaccinated players will end up testing positive at some point.

I would be curious to see the percentage of unvaccinated players that have tested positive so far versus the percentage of vaccinated players. Only about 5% of the players are still unvaccinated so obviously there are going to be more vaccinated players that test positive just because of pure numbers, but I bet the percentage of unvaccinated players testing positive is much higher.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m vaccinated and boosted.  I have COVID right now and got it from my friend who is also vaccinated and boosted.

People need to stop thinking the vaccination keeps you from getting it or spreading it, that’s not at all what it does.

Yea it can reduce the odds of getting it and spreading it, but new variants lessen that.  The vaccination purpose is to significantly reduce the chances of getting severe reactions that require hospitalization or death.  It improves recovery time as well and shortens the window in which you are contagious to others.

So the breakout going on in the NFL has nothing to do with unvaccinated players.  Anyone and everyone can, and is, spreading it. 

However, if you are vaccinated the time to return to the field can be shortened versus unvaccinated because your timeline of how long you can be contagious to others is shorter.

That's the purpose now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yes, clearly. As of the newest protocol unvaccinated players are tested daily. Vaccinated players are tested infrequently at random. Since omicron is spreading so fast I believe most if not all unvaccinated players will end up testing positive at some point.

I would be curious to see the percentage of unvaccinated players that have tested positive so far versus the percentage of vaccinated players. Only about 5% of the players are still unvaccinated so obviously there are going to be more vaccinated players that test positive just because of pure numbers, but I bet the percentage of unvaccinated players testing positive is much higher.

The data from the Bills does not bear this out.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

These players owe it to the team take all reasonable efforts to be ready to play each week.  They rehab like crazy, play with broken hands, torn MCL... but won't get a simple vaccine to greatly increase the odds of missing as few games as possible.

I have to think that some vaccinated players are pissed that their teammates didn't make every effort available to be ready to play in the biggest game of the season.

If the reasons they aren't taking it is politically driven, I agree with you.

Other than that, sorry this is lunacy. The players owe it to themselves and their family to do what they feel is best. Just like every other human in the world. Playing a sport gives them no further responsibility or requirement. 

They are paid a paycheck and given rules by the league to follow be it vaxed or not. They owe it to their teammates to follow which set of rules apply to them. The "holier than thou" attitude to the unvaxxed is not productive at this point. Everyone is spreading it now.

At this point the unvaxxed have valid points just as us that have taken the vax have vailid points. 

Some of you need to go back and watch The Sneetches by Dr. Suess.

This is the new normal of the world. People need to stop letting things like this divide. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1