Bills sign DE Breeland Speaks to PS

YoloinOhio

I saw this and my mind registered it as Bashaud Breeland. 

Speaks is young (26) with decent size. Former Chief draft pick. Has served 1 suspension for substance abuse in 2019.

Floated around practice squads of Raiders, Cowboys and Giants since.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Carlos Dunlap had 3 sacks last night. Just thinking how he could’ve helped Bills 

Well we did get 2 sacks from f'n Efa Obada this week. And Carlos only has 4.5 sacks this year despite a 2yr- 13Mil contract. 

Not saying that he couldn't help us, but I think we have similar talent in Oliver and to a lessor extent, Harrison. 

6 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I wonder if Chiefs fans crucify Brett Veach for taking him in RD2 and then cutting him after 2 years. 

YES.  We do.  This was Veach's first draft..and we didn't have a first round pick that year (traded to the Bills the year before) Veach not only got this pick wrong, he traded up in round 2 to do it. 

Veach's first draft at the helm was not good.

2nd DE Breeland Speaks.  bust

3rd  DT Derrick Nhadi.  Best pick of this draft.  JAG D lineman who has been reliable and servicable...but not a playmaker.

3rd LB/S  Dorian O'Daniel.  STRICTLY a specieal teams player.  Can't beat out freaking Ben Nieman.

4th S Armani Watts.  STRICTLY special teams player.  Can't beat out Daniel Sorenson.

6th. CB Tremon Smith.  Played some in KC, played a little bit in GB. may be out of leauge.  Some of the worst hips I've seen at DB.  

6th. DT converted to OG, Kalil McKenzie.  Son of former raiders GM Reggie McKenzie.  Huge redwood treetrunk legs.  Didn't pan out.  Last I saw, was on Seahawks practice squad.  

This draft, along with some questionable FA signings....took alot of the shine off Veachs portion fo the Super Bowl credit.  Some in KC had even been calling for Veach to be fired....riding coat tails of Dorsey roster to SB.  

When he's spoken, Veach seems humble enough to admit mistakes and genuinely gets input from his lieutenants to improve...and it seems to have paid off with the last few drafts being much better, especialy this most recent one that he seems to have knocked out of the park.

12 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

YES.  We do.  This was Veach's first draft..and we didn't have a first round pick that year (traded to the Bills the year before) Veach not only got this pick wrong, he traded up in round 2 to do it. 

Veach's first draft at the helm was not good.

2nd DE Breeland Speaks.  bust

3rd  DT Derrick Nhadi.  Best pick of this draft.  JAG D lineman who has been reliable and servicable...but not a playmaker.

3rd LB/S  Dorian O'Daniel.  STRICTLY a specieal teams player.  Can't beat out freaking Ben Nieman.

4th S Armani Watts.  STRICTLY special teams player.  Can't beat out Daniel Sorenson.

6th. CB Tremon Smith.  Played some in KC, played a little bit in GB. may be out of leauge.  Some of the worst hips I've seen at DB.  

6th. DT converted to OG, Kalil McKenzie.  Son of former raiders GM Reggie McKenzie.  Huge redwood treetrunk legs.  Didn't pan out.  Last I saw, was on Seahawks practice squad.  

This draft, along with some questionable FA signings....took alot of the shine off Veachs portion fo the Super Bowl credit.  Some in KC had even been calling for Veach to be fired....riding coat tails of Dorsey roster to SB.  

When he's spoken, Veach seems humble enough to admit mistakes and genuinely gets input from his lieutenants to improve...and it seems to have paid off with the last few drafts being much better, especialy this most recent one that he seems to have knocked out of the park.

Jerry Hughes was a similar bust in Indy

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Carlos Dunlap had 3 sacks last night. Just thinking how he could’ve helped Bills 

Apparently he must have wanted to much money for Beanes liking . I have wondered the last couple of seasons why they haven't at the very least brought him in for a try out the guy produces where ever he goes even though he is getting up there he knows how to cause havoc for the opposition !! 

Edited by T master

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Very frustrating…. The  team has been missing a great end rusher for the past couple seasons. 

Agree'd remember when Hughes had Mario on the opposite side the Bills lead the league in sacks just about every year if they would have someone like Dunlap to pair with him no telling what the D would be like .

Not that they're not good now it would just put them to another level . I believe that Beane is trying very hard to find that guy and who knows maybe one of his draft picks will turn into that guy but to this point they are all pretty green and maybe with a couple of years under their belt they will make it .

Or he can find one in the coming drafts along with some more O line men & a big RB ...

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.