[Misleading Title] Dion Dawkins to Covid list

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think Dawkins has been our best OLman this year?  Because I think he's kind of sucked, most of the time.

Despite having a down year, yes, I think it's a toss up between he and Daryl Williams.   I think Spencer Brown is most likely our best moving forward, however he's played less than half the snaps as Dawkins and Williams.

Keep in mind that assertion has more to do with the offensive line's poor play as a whole, as it does to Dawkins being stellar.

Edited by thenorthremembers

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

None of the original vaccines are particularly effective in blocking someone from getting omicron. Getting boosted apparently helps. But having had the virus once and being fully vaccinated he is very likely not going to get sick. Also omicron in general appears to be a milder form of the virus.

Agreed.   He should not be severely sick this go around.  It’s been too soon for him to have a booster shot... assuming he did get the second.   But yeah kinda uncharted territory for my brain.   You get a shot.  A couple days before the 2nd shot you get sick.  So I doubt he got the 2nd shot, but the. You do get some level of immunity from actually contracting the virus.  So where’s an individual at given all that!  Lol. Lord only knows!    I just hope he’s ok and wish him a speedy recovery. 

I was wondering with a buddy the other day if the NFL is in all this trouble because vaccinated people can get the virus, carry it, transmit it, but are largely asymptomatic.  Hence, those around them get it and everyone is testing positive.    So my question, because I haven’t had time to really look into it, how many severe cases are there with these players?   Is it largely just people testing positive while vaccinated?   I’m sure there’s a mix.  But just some morning pondering that I’m spilling onto the board. 

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Compared to most teams, the Bills have been very fortunate with injuries and covid the past two years.

I don't know about that. Dawkins has been subpar until recently and played a major role in the Pittsburgh loss especially. Star and Brown were out for the Colts game and more when we desperately needed both players. We lost Klein when we could have used him. That's just off the top of my head. Meanwhile, look at the Pats. Lost one backup tight end to COVID. That's it, as far as I know. We may not have suffered as much as some teams, but I would say we're right up there in terms of real impact, especially on the line, which was going to be mediocre at best. 

11 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Well considering next to nobody gets re-infected then it’s probably a close contact issue. 

It’s not. McDermott said he tested positive. Plus, he would not be put on the list as a close contact because he’s fully vaccinated. 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/12/17/the-nfl-new-covid-19-protocols-for-vaccinated-players-explained

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Animated GIF

LeGOAT, what can we say?

When it rains, it kicks you in the n*ts, cheats on you with your girlfriend, rubs it in your face, puts nude pictures of you out on the internet, laughs at you in front of your parents, puts an "I voted 'Undecided'" sticker on your bumper...and then it pours.

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Yep. It made no sense then, and makes no sense now. If you’re going to play the “zero spread” game, daily testing for all was paramount. 

Agreed

47 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, this sucks.  I'm sort of expecting more positives to roll in before kickoff on Sunday with the daily testing.  This is everywhere now.  It's not a Bills problem.

What Daily Testing?  What did I miss?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Doyle - Ford - Bates - Boettger - Empty

Lets shove Duke Williams on the line, cannot be any worse 😂

39 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This entire season has been a disaster....this is just Par for the course 

A disaster when you lose games you should win, and refuse to try and run the ball. Every other team is dealing with the same BS we are.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Part of the war of attrition that is the NFL circa 2020 and 2021

True, May Day, and in this topsy-turvy world of the NFL maybe the problems of one small upstate NY team and its fanbase don't mean a hill of beans...

...but this is OUR hill, and these are OUR beans! *

(* Please let me not be so old that this doesn't mean something to at least some of you.)

If JUST Dawkins winds up on the COVID list, it would be kind of a shocker.

Lately, with this variant, where one COVID positive pops up for an NFL team, others are close behind.

I won't speculate too wildly, but I'll be surprised if he's the only Bills player that ends up on the COVID reserve list.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bobby Hart time!!!🤢🤢🤢🤢

PUKE sorry not sorry

EDIT" green death indeed genesse cream visual with the green face LOL

CONCUR!

m

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1