[Misleading Title] Dion Dawkins to Covid list

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Covid issue is going to become pretty wild in the next few weeks. Better get wins while you can. Covid very well may decide who makes the playoffs.

This feels like it could be more of an asterisk year than last year was.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Rather see Doyle, Feliciano, Morse, Williams, Brown instead of changing both sides. Could always put Knox there to help if needed or Moss/Gilliam. Josh is better going to the right. Don't make it worse by changing the right side too.🤔

Counterpoint, Tommy Doyle is unplayable.

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is why I strongly believe that the Bills 1st round pick should be a LT and move Dawkins inside. I don’t see Dawkins as a franchise LT. 

I’m pretty sure that your rationalization for that move is off. You may be right that he is not a franchise left tackle, but I don’t think him testing positive is the reason. 
On a sidenote, players and teams should go into full lockdown for the rest of the season. It worked last year, and it can work this year. It may be that the team that comes out of this with the fewest positive cases is the one that stands on the highest stage at the end of the year.

34 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Covid issue is going to become pretty wild in the next few weeks. Better get wins while you can. Covid very well may decide who makes the playoffs.

Probably is going to decide who wins in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is why I strongly believe that the Bills 1st round pick should be a LT and move Dawkins inside. I don’t see Dawkins as a franchise LT. 

Based on what? Dude was pretty stellar last year. Obviously has not recovered from COVID issues this year but an off-season should help.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'd hope so but you can still spread it without symptoms so I doubt it.

Regardless, everyone is going to take a bite of this apple.  Vaccinated or not. Mask or no mask. This variant is spreading like wild fire. Just glad symptoms with it appear minimal.

Very few jobs test vaccinated workers without symptoms. The NFL is trying to set an example which is great, but few are following their footsteps.

Players are testing positive without symptoms the day after games. The whole system is flawed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Why would they disagree? Just because some teams are worse doesn't discount the effect it has had on the Bills.

Because overall the effects on the Bills isn't that bad compared to others.  So why are we complaining about so little?

Let me try putting it in different terms:

If you posted someplace or told a bunch of people that the Caviar you ate last night with your Kobe filet wasn't as good as normal, do you think many would feel sorry for you!

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Because overall the effects on the Bills isn't that bad compared to others.  So why are we complaining about so little?

Let me try putting it in different terms:

If you posted someplace or told a bunch of people that the Caviar you ate last night with your Kobe filet wasn't as good as normal, do you think many would feel sorry for you!

Bro caviar and Kobe when we're talking degrees of pandemic impact. Swing and a miss

A friend of mine made a good point the other day.  NFL players do whatever they can to stay on the field.  Rush rehab, come back from injury sooner than they should, play with concussions, etc.  A shot or 10 of cortisone or toradol?  No prob.  A vaccine shot?  ***** YOU, MAN, I AIN'T GETTIN' NO VACCINE!  I don't get it.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

So is Hart in my opinion. 🙄

Didn't Tennessee start Hart at LT in one W and give him most of the snaps in another W?  🤔

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm going to guess by then they allow vaccinated without symptoms to play.

I'm going to guess by then the NFLPA will say "No".  But neither of us know.

6 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Bro caviar and Kobe when we're talking degrees of pandemic impact. Swing and a miss

I was trying to put it in some terms that maybe you'd understand, obviously that's hard to do.

My point is the Bills have had it easy WRT Covid compared to other teams and the football Gods aren't singling out the Bills.  And if you feel they are, fans of other teams would just laugh at you and say poor little girl.

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

A friend of mine made a good point the other day.  NFL players do whatever they can to stay on the field.  Rush rehab, come back from injury sooner than they should, play with concussions, etc.  A shot or 10 of cortisone or toradol?  No prob.  A vaccine shot?  ***** YOU, MAN, I AIN'T GETTIN' NO VACCINE!  I don't get it.

No time for logic and reason, when we have :

Facebook-logo.png

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't Tennessee start Hart at LT in one W and give him most of the snaps in another W?  🤔

I believe you are correct as to his play in Tennessee,  but if I remember correctly when he was here, not so good... Coaching? Scheme?

31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I was trying to put it in some terms that maybe you'd understand, obviously that's hard to do.

My point is the Bills have had it easy WRT Covid compared to other teams and the football Gods aren't singling out the Bills.  And if you feel they are, fans of other teams would just laugh at you and say poor little girl.

But reasonable people would look at it as a bad situation for anyone who is dealing with it.

Anyone who says "poor little girl" or laugh about a covid outbreak certainly wouldn't get the time of day from me. 

28 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I agree with what you're saying however I see at least SOME of the point of the unvaxxed athlete as well. Let me get out of the way that if their refusal is political based or centers around the misinformation then I really have zero symphthy for them.

However the big 2 points I can see is this.

1. As we see...getting the vax does not automatically translate to staying on the field.

2. If I was an athlete I would have MANY questions about what long term side effect there may be. Especially when the vax first came out. It seems like every 3 months the "facts and science" change for various reasons. If I made my living due in large part to my physical condition that alone is something to take pause and read up on. If Mike the accountant gets his vax and there is some sort of long term issue...he can still be an accountant. What happens if an athlete had a bad side effect that ended their career? Potential for losing millions. Again, this would be the train of thought when it first came out and around a year into it.

Now we are at a point where I believe the ones that were skeptics about it for legit reasons have educated themselves and gotten the jab. The holdouts now are by and large people that are too swept up in politics to even care about becoming educated....but hey,they have a snazzy podium collection.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They did. I have no firsthand knowledge of how he looked (of course I saw on here a few say he was awful) however if they cut him as soon as Lewan came back (though they did resign to PS) I'm sure he wasn't exactly Tony Boselli out there.😂😂    

EDIT: Made the sacrifice and went to the Titans message board for some idea how he played. Under a search for his name the word "sucks" showed up about 500 times. Some questioned if it was his 1st time in a helmet.

Safe to say that even thought his team won both games....it did not go well.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

3 hours ago, Logic said:

If JUST Dawkins winds up on the COVID list, it would be kind of a shocker.

Lately, with this variant, where one COVID positive pops up for an NFL team, others are close behind.

I won't speculate too wildly, but I'll be surprised if he's the only Bills player that ends up on the COVID reserve list.

I wonder how many players have suited up with the common cold or the flu? Just something to think about. 

14 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

They did. I have no firsthand knowledge of how he looked (of course I saw on here a few say he was awful) however if they cut him as soon as Lewan came back (though they did resign to PS) I'm sure he wasn't exactly Tony Boselli out there.😂😂    

EDIT: Made the sacrifice and went to the Titans message board for some idea how he played. Under a search for his name the word "sucks" showed up about 500 times. Some questioned if it was his 1st time in a helmet.

Safe to say that even thought his team won both games....it did not go well.

Thank You For Your Service!

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

But reasonable people would look at it as a bad situation for anyone who is dealing with it.

Anyone who says "poor little girl" or laugh about a covid outbreak certainly wouldn't get the time of day from me. 

Yes and reasonable people wouldn't be saying "Football gods really having fun with the Bills this year." when we have one starter out and other teams have close to double digit if not higher number of players out.

And to your point which I agree with you on, is reasonable people wouldn't be saying "Football gods really having fun with the Bills this year." with anything to do with Covid.

But Bills fans really have nothing to complain about WRT one starter out.