Urban Meyer Canned

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

College coaches demonstrably need to get some seasoning as position coaches before being given head coaching jobs.

I don’t gamble but the easiest money ever is to bet big that each years “ Next up and comer” , who will “ revolutionize “ the sport , will flame out in 4 seasons or less.

Spurrier, Kelly, Saban, Carroll( NE), Rhule( Brady was getting HC interviews?!?!😂).  I’m sure there are more.

The idea that the college players you’re comfortable with and the college coaching attitude you have and the college schemes you bring will have any staying power in the NFL is farcical.

I agree. If you watch the Vince Lombardi documentary on ESPN you can hear Frank Gifford saying how many Giants players laughed at Lombardi and didn’t take him seriously for treating the players like college kids when he first joined the team. He needed time to adjust his methods and admitted so. Even good coaches need adjustment time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach

Just curious...why do you see that story as the "tipping point"?

Well, it’s confirmation of a physical assault, for one…

Still can’t believe we lost to this clown.

Edited by eball

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess, if it can be substantiated....Meyer says it didn't happen like that

"“Josh’s (Lambo) characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate, and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account,” Meyer said. “

In 2021, in the court of internet opinion allegedged = guilty

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Has been an utter disaster. Urban is done. He won't go back to college IMO. He won't coach again.

I bet some needy college will hire him and he will work his way back up to a Premier university football power.

Sadly, that seems to be how the system works. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Too bad they can’t fire the owner.

Agree. His ownership of Fulham has been a bit schizophrenic too. I think he is a clown. 

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

I bet some needy college will hire him and he will work his way back up to a Premier university football power.

I don't he will go back. It isn't that he won't get offers. I just think he will not want to go back with his tail between his legs walking into a room as a failure from the pros. Would be too hard for his ego. 

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do they have to pay him or was he fired for cause? I can’t find this answer. If they still need to pay him it’s 10-12 mill/yr for the next 5 years

One can assume that the Jags will argue that he was fired for cause.  They'll find a sweet spot and settle somewhere.  It probably will take a little time for scumbag narcissist Urban Meyer to calm down before they can calmly talk turkey and figure it out.  Then again, Khan seems like a little bit of a strange bird, too, so it's possible that he'll push it pretty far before they find a mutually distasteful but acceptable number. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

College coaches demonstrably need to get some seasoning as position coaches before being given head coaching jobs.

I don’t gamble but the easiest money ever is to bet big that each years “ Next up and comer” , who will “ revolutionize “ the sport , will flame out in 4 seasons or less.

Spurrier, Kelly, Saban, Carroll( NE), Rhule( Brady was getting HC interviews?!?!😂).  I’m sure there are more.

The idea that the college players you’re comfortable with and the college coaching attitude you have and the college schemes you bring will have any staying power in the NFL is farcical.

Agree except Pete Carroll doesn't belong in this group. He started in the NFL as a dB coach for the Bills, was an nfl assistant for 10 or 11, then the Jersy Jerks he before getting canned there and going to the cheaters. In LA, most thought USC made a terrible hire since he was always a lover as hc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Haha fast moving fail train. Came on here because of the Lambo news and this thread is the first time I've seen it official.

I'm quite convinced at this point that Urban Meyer is just simply kind of dumb. Just too dumb for an NFL coaching position. He can probably find his sweet spot somewhere with a lesser known Ohio college.

Or possibly a job in congress?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach

Just curious...why do you see that story as the "tipping point"?

You can only have so many negative issues come to light before ultimately he had to act...if only to save face with his own fan base.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Amazing how these guys don’t get exposed at the college level.  I guess these guys can’t handle the level playing field at NFL level.  

Urban was already starting to get exposed at the college level.  The RO/RPO heavy offense was evolving and he was not evolving with it.  He still had the huge advantage of being a tremendous recruiter, but even the has its limits.

As terrible of a decision as it was to hire him, at least Khan did not compound his mistake by letting Meyer linger, i.e. Jimmy Haslam and Hue Jackson with the Browns. 

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.

If you do, please examine your lifestyle choices.

How did the Bills lose to that circus of a team?  Maybe get Jerry Sullivan to ask Coach McDermott? 🤔

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Urban literally sounded like an Evangelist preacher that gets caught sleeping with a stripper named bubbles behind his wife’s back after that video of him with that CoED…after that it was pretty much over 

True, but the preachers generally keep asking for money. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Sadly, that seems to be how the system works. 

https://www.hvccathletics.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

Looks like this squad needs a TE coach!

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess, if it can be substantiated....Meyer says it didn't happen like that

"“Josh’s (Lambo) characterization of me and this incident is completely inaccurate, and there are eyewitnesses to refute his account,” Meyer said. “

He also said an event that there is video of didn't happen the way it happened...:lol:

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What a disastrous team.

Poor Trevor Lawrence. Dude is likely to be the next David Carr.

Fat chance... hopefully he is Josh's 25 year back up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.