Star is out - toe injury

First Round Bust

14 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Hahaha what an absolute joke. We are as soft as the critics say we are. There’s like five hustlers on this team and 58 watchers. 

We are a city job where one guy is digging and four guys are watching him dig 

So very true. Maybe he has covid toe. This team is fosters freeze soft serve.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Think it’s pretty obvious Star is playing his last few games as a Bill 

I was a big fan his first season with us, now it is clear this guy just wants a paycheck and lacks toughness. They should cut him and feliciano today!

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

So very true. Maybe he has covid toe. This team is fosters freeze soft serve.

Maybe he chose to sit out because he was afraid of getting covid in his toe. I sure hope the organization puts an emphasis on toughness and desire moving forward. 

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

check week14 injuries

https://www.nfl.com/injuries/

Star is out with toe injury - no other details given - such as turf toe or not...sigh

Star is great when he's out there, but he never is! I don't care if it's COVID or a broken toe. If you aren't playing then you aren't playing. The Bills seriously need to invest in a 1T in the next draft or free agency. Hopefully the D-Line as a whole gets a little better at run blocking w/ some experience under their belt next year. 

The number 1 problem this year has been stopping the run and running. They need to figure something out because it seems the league is shifting to more run oriented offenses now which was inevitable as teams built themselves to defend the pass.

We have some tough guys in here that seem to think a toe injury can easily be played through. It's only on a limb that gets used every time you play football and needs to carry your entire body weight plus that of possibly 2 or 3 other people at the same time. 

Edited by 727Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

I am all for moving on from Star next March.  See if he can be talked into retirement and come to an agreement to save a few more $s.

Lots of DTs in FA next year.  Maybe sign Harrison to a vet minimum type contract for depth and get a DT that can tackle.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly's Heroes said:

I was a big fan his first season with us, now it is clear this guy just wants a paycheck and lacks toughness. They should cut him and feliciano today!

Maybe he chose to sit out because he was afraid of getting covid in his toe. I sure hope the organization puts an emphasis on toughness and desire moving forward. 

Im going for bigger faster stronger and nastiness

42 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

We need to find a DT and MLB in free agency in offseason. Draft OLine and RB. 

LB is fine just need DTs with size to take up blockers

if you want to cut Star - with 2 years remaining - it will cost 5.1M in dead cap to save over 4M

That dead amt is likely highest on team, and then take into consideration OL potentials like Morse, Ford, D Williams or Feliciano and you are over 10M in dead cap which works against signability of other FAs and effects competetitivness...so as much as we would like to jettison Star we likely have to keep him around 1 more year (and draft his 2023 replacement in 2022to learn the ropes) then cut him in 2023..that damn skip of Covid year where he skipped-out and the 3 year contract rolled over into year 4 is painful for next season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Star is great when he's out there, but he never is! I don't care if it's COVID or a broken toe. If you aren't playing then you aren't playing. The Bills seriously need to invest in a 1T in the next draft or free agency. Hopefully the D-Line as a whole gets a little better at run blocking w/ some experience under their belt next year. 

The number 1 problem this year has been stopping the run and running. They need to figure something out because it seems the league is shifting to more run oriented offenses now which was inevitable as teams built themselves to defend the pass.

I think it was Parcells who said something to the effect  "the most important ability is availability".

I try not to question player injuries or their toughness, but if you're not on the field you're not helping the cause (edit: unless you're Cody Ford) . Flipside to that mentality is players coming back too early and either being ineffective or making an injury worse. Bottom line is Star hasn't been on the field much the past two seasons. Gotta hope he heals up and can come back strong for a playoff push/run because help for 2021 is not on the way.

Edited by SinceThe70s

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

False.

He was out there Monday night.  Was that great?   He was out there against Tennessee.  Great?  Nope.

Star isn't solely responsible for those games and that's only a couple, anyway. As much doom & gloom there is on this forum, Buffalo Bills still have the #1 defense in the league to my knowledge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.