Bills Sign Bobby Hart ...Edit: Added poll

Process

Who to start?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who to start?

• Ford RG / Williams RT
    • Williams RG / Hart RT

I voted Ford/Williams but would prefer Bates or Douglas/Williams.  

as bad as Daryl has been, I can’t believe that he’s worse than Bobby Hart. 

I think that Harts addition to the active roster has less to do with Hart > Williams (@RT) and more to do with Tommy Doyle being possibly the worst OL in the NFL. 

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's incredible that you have forgotten how terrible Williams has been at RT THIS YEAR!

When you say "this year" you're referring to the first week of the season, when the entire o-line was a mess, and the Jags game, when the entire o-line was a mess?

VS an entire year of above-average production last year?

Yeah def, lets start a guy cut by two teams this year over him.

Maybe they can have Gilliam and Tommy Sweeny play guard and tackle. Only half kidding. The Athletic just released grades on O-lineman, and Ford was rated dead last. Daryl Williams' pressure/sack numbers aren't as bad as I thought, but I'll never forget seeing him frozen in his stance for a full second while the Jaguars DE blew past him to sack Allen. 

Yikes talk about a complete disaster and mishandling of the oline by this front office and coaching staff.

And we are essentially wasting 2 rosters spots on guys who add nothing in Ford and Doyle. And speaking of the latter at what point do we just release him and hedge our bets that we can just put him on the practice squad if he obviously can't contribute right now? I know we lost Anderson and Wildgoose who were also late round picks but whose going to poach Doyle if he's not good enough to play for one of the worst olines in the league.

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

When you say "this year" you're referring to the first week of the season, when the entire o-line was a mess, and the Jags game, when the entire o-line was a mess?

VS an entire year of above-average production last year?

Yeah def, lets start a guy cut by two teams this year over him.

He was terrible. Slow out of his stance. Don't believe me? He was so bad they moved him to guard.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.eecd6cb7e55eb24aa80c3d968710656b.jpeg
It was a Bills Media Department signing.  They were looking for halftime entertainment, and the switchboard operator was confused.

I would have preferred them signing Tommy Boyce instead

image.png.80bdb64266d8f3d5cca122e8deac06d2.png

Oh yes I wonder, what's she doing tonight?

Poll needs more options. Start anyone else at T and leave Williams at G. 

Are you ***** kidding me they signed this pos. Seriously starting to question McD and his favoritism towards scrub players. It's affecting his ability to manage this team IMO.

Dude is a *****in bum and should not even be on an NFL roster at this point. 

• Disagree 1

I vote anyone but ford and anyone but ford.

I know how bad Bobby Hart is, but I also know how awful Ford was in the jags game.   Even slightly below replacement level is an upgrade over Ford, so if Hart can do this until Brown is back, than I can deal with it.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, WMDman said:

If anything I think this means williams will stay at gaurd

I'm pretty sure the Bills aren't too happy with the way the offensive line looked versus the Jaguars.  You're right.  The Bills ended up with three spots on the Oline with players who didn't play in that spot the week earlier.   It makes sense that they felt that kind of disruption hurt the offense badly.  Hence, less position switching and disruption is, hopefully, better.  The only problem is Lamp was really bad in pre-season.

You know what I find funny/interesting?

That the Titans used him at LT and he allowed 2 sacks and had 3 penalties in 101 snaps.

I swear he had that in 1 quarter of a preseason game with the Bills ;) 

Just making a roster as a 7th rnd pick is pretty good and he has made 5 so far

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hart_(American_football)

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

You know what I find funny/interesting?

That the Titans used him at LT and he allowed 2 sacks and had 3 penalties in 101 snaps.

I swear he had that in 1 quarter of a preseason game with the Bills ;) 

Just making a roster as a 7th rnd pick is pretty good and he has made 5 so far

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/bobby-hart/9659

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hart_(American_football)

Tenn. runs the ball a lot, so his sacks numbers should be lower. 

17 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Leaves me scratching my head when ex steelers guard decastro is available..But im just a fan so have to trust our coaches know what they are doing

The Steelers released him for a reason

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/06/25/pittsburgh-steelers-david-decastro/stories/202106250109

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/26/david-decastro-has-a-very-pragmatic-viewpoint-of-why-he-was-released/

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.