Star Lotulelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too

JohnNord

39 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

doubt NFL does anything about this for the rest of this season.  its too late to fight the NFLPA.  clearly there are alot of players who have "decided" to not get vaxxed.   Star being out,  Rothlisberger being out,  Rodgers being out last week,  Mitch,  tons of other no names from other teams we dont really hear about,   this isnt really all that surprising.

the thing that gets me is,  these guys have access to the best medical knowledge in the world in most cases,  and i guess it doesnt mean much.

sucks about Star,  the odds were good this would happen tho.   how long b4 another big time star or QB gets hit with it and cost his team games and or playoffs seeding etc?   we shall see.

I’m starting to wonder if half of these players already had Covid multiple times last season and the league hid it, therefore some players don’t think they actually need the vaccine, which is also stupid, but not quite as stupid.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  we didn't draft him high (over an olineman) just to sit on the bench. Start getting him reps.

I was really surprised to see him Inactive against the Titans. I thought he played really well against KC. And if there was a game where we needed added size on the D-Line it was against Tenn. 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m starting to wonder if half of these players already had Covid multiple times last season and the league hid it, therefore some players don’t think they actually need the vaccine, which is also stupid, but not quite as stupid.

LOL that would be so sketchy.  The difference between this season and last season is that the regulation were much stricter last year.  I think that’s part of the reason why there seemed to be less players out 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you have statistics of players placed on Covid exempt lists for each week?

Even if I did, it wouldn’t help because we have no way to know whether they’re close contacts or infected.

4 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

I think he's unable to get vaxxed due to a medical condition. Don't have a source for this tho, just heard it here somewhere.

Come back with a source and some info.  I don’t think you heard it from a reputable or knowledgeable source.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

We didn't have him against a better colts team last year and we won.

We didn't have him at all last year and won 13 regular season games. 

Try not being so miserable and pessimist about everything.

I mean the point is Star is good for our team against the run and the Colts are good at running, it'd be ideal to have him for that game.

I know this vaccine has been talked about ad nauseum but I'll always stand with a player like Sanders (and every other vaccine hesitant player who got the vaccine) over Star because he's willing to sacrifice themselves keeping the ultimate team goal in mind.  I'll just leave it at this tweet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I know this vaccine has been talked about ad nauseum but I'll always stand with a player like Sanders (and every other vaccine hesitant player who got the vaccine) over Star because he's willing to sacrifice themselves keeping the ultimate team goal in mind.  I'll just leave it at this tweet.

Good for him, but stop it already. It's just a game. "I'll always stand by blah blah blah". Star doesn't care what you think. Neither does Sanders.

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So Star has had COVID twice?

No he never had it this summer. He was a close contact of a covid positive case during training camp and had to be placed in that 5 day quarantine protocol but he tested negative for covid and was back in 5 days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

This is what i dont understand. Star sat out last year because his fear of covid. Then he decides not to take the vac? You scared or nah?

That's the real reasons to forfeit the  year?  Where did you get that information?

7 minutes ago, poblano said:

That's the real reasons to forfeit the  year?  Where did you get that information?

the covid opt out was available last year for players who did not want to risk getting covid during NFL season and requirements. 

close contact on field, games, practice, workouts, flights, hotel stays etc etc.... all a risk.

no one needs to assume Star opted out for fear of contracting Covid. It is obvious.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

The rumor is that he had a heart condition and couldn’t get the vaccine.  I don’t know if I buy it.  Either way, some of the decisions by members of the Bills could derail their season

That is a ridiculous excuse.  Getting Covid is far more dangerous for anyone with a heart condition than the vaccine.  I have a number of heart problems and my doctors encouraged me to get it as soon as possible.   Sounds like internet rumor medicine. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FLFan said:

That is a ridiculous excuse.  Getting Covid is far more dangerous for anyone with a heart condition than the vaccine.  I have a number of heart problems and my doctors encouraged me to get it as soon as possible.   Sounds like internet rumor medicine. 

Yeah exactly… it sounds like an excuse.  I remember this summer when Star had to miss time as a close contact because he wasn’t vaccinated at the time. McDermott didn’t sound happy and I don’t blame him.  

This really sucks. Does anyone have an update? We need him for Jonathan Taylor. 

26 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The rumor is that he had a heart condition and couldn’t get the vaccine.  I don’t know if I buy it.  Either way, some of the decisions by members of the Bills could derail their season

They would have to absolutely implode for that to happen. As long as we have our core guys we're good. 

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

No, no real update.  He can be activated as late as Sunday morning if he's vaccinated.

Hyde sounded in his Weds interview like he'd talked to Star and he's fine and "it'll be good to have him back" like he expected him to be back this Sunday

Phillips sounded in his interview today like he knew for sure Star would be out for Sunday, so that may be the more up-to-date picture.

Even if vaccinated, he has to be symptom-free for 48 hrs and test negative 2x 24 hrs apart, so if he had symptoms today, he would be out for Sunday.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, no real update.  He can be activated as late as Sunday morning if he's vaccinated.

Hyde sounded in his Weds interview like he'd talked to Star and he's fine and "it'll be good to have him back" like he expected him to be back this Sunday

Phillips sounded in his interview today like he knew for sure Star would be out for Sunday, so that may be the more up-to-date picture.

Even if vaccinated, he has to be symptom-free for 48 hrs and test negative 2x 24 hrs apart, so if he had symptoms today, he would be out for Sunday.

This guy has been so inconcestent since he's been here. I hope they find a replacement for him next year in free agency. Star is awesome when he's on the field, but someone needs to draw the line eventually. I hope Harrison Phillips has a big game. Maybe his replacement is already on the team. 

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They would have to absolutely implode for that to happen. As long as we have our core guys we're good. 

We don't have to implode, we just have to lose one or two more games than the eleven teams in contention for seven spots. Patriots are in our rearview mirror and if we lose Sunday we are no longer in sole control of our destiny.

Time to get tough and I'd like to see us as close to full strength as possible for the upcoming stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This guy has been so inconcestent since he's been here. I hope they find a replacement for him next year in free agency. Star is awesome when he's on the field, but someone needs to draw the line eventually. I hope Harrison Phillips has a big game. Maybe his replacement is already on the team. 

I’ve been hoping that Harry would be the answer for three seasons now. He seemed that he was coming on at the beginning of last season, but hasn’t regained that form. One can always hope. Hope feels good.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

I hope Star does not suffer any long-term effects (for example lung damage, permanent loss of smell, cognitive difficulty). Additionally, I hope he doesn't have short-term effects which in NFL terms would severely hinder his season... a doctor would probably call having fatigue and low energy that gets better after 1-2 months a short-term effect, but that's plenty bad enough to tank the rest of the year for an NFL player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, galept said:

We don't have to implode, we just have to lose one or two more games than the eleven teams in contention for seven spots. Patriots are in our rearview mirror and if we lose Sunday we are no longer in sole control of our destiny.

Time to get tough and I'd like to see us as close to full strength as possible for the upcoming stretch.

Let's say we win against the Colts. Next week we have another big game against the Saints (every game is big at this point like u said.) Patriots face the Titans. Do we root for the Titans to propel us to a 1 & a 1/2 game lead in the division? Or do we root for the Pats to put us a game behind 1st place? 

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’ve been hoping that Harry would be the answer for three seasons now. He seemed that he was coming on at the beginning of last season, but hasn’t regained that form. One can always hope. Hope feels good.

If he can perform like he did against the Ravens in the playoffs last year then we should be good. This is going to be a tougher game than people think, but I think we got it.

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If he can perform like he did against the Ravens in the playoffs last year then we should be good. This is going to be a tougher game than people think, but I think we got it.