Star Lotulelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too

JohnNord

Man this sucks.  Not so much for this week because I think the jets will try to throw the ball, but also because Star had COVID earlier this season and was not vaccinated.  That means he’s out for 10 days, and it means he’ll miss the game against Indy which could be a huge loss

Edited by JohnNord
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
  • Dislike 5

• JohnNord changed the title to Star Loutlelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too
  • JohnNord changed the title to Star Lotulelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too
3 minutes ago, Process said:

He's unvaccinated so he's out next game too right? 

We don’t know for sure.  This summer he was not vaccinated and I remember McDermott being asked about it.  

If he still is not vaccinated then yeah he won’t be back for 10 days which means he can’t play until Thanksgiving.   

This is a big loss IMO.  Dropping this game and/or Indy can really hurt their chances this season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wait he sat out last year for fear of COVID and is unvaccinated?

Yes… at least he was unvaccinated as of this summer when he caught COVID the first time.  Not sure if he got vaccinated after like other Bills players.  Let’s hope…but I doubt it 

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Between him and Edmunds being out that middle of the defense just got a lot softer really quick. Let's hope "next man up" comes to play. 

It won’t be easy today but the bigger challenge is going to be defending Indy’s offense with the huge OL &  Johnathan Taylor

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnNord said:

Yes… at least he was unvaccinated as of this summer when he caught COVID the first time.  Not sure if he got vaccinated after like other Bills players.  Let’s hope…but I doubt it 

Lol, folks really bought the “I’m afraid of COVID, not cashing $500k for sitting on my couch” hook line and sinker 

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

This dude sat out a year and then didn't get vaccinated? How backwards is that. Good lord

To be fair, whether he got vaccinated or not doesn't really count towards today. If he misses the Colts game, however... (unless he comes down with bad symptoms).

Hope he recovers quickly.

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

We don’t know for sure.  This summer he was not vaccinated and I remember McDermott being asked about it.  

If he still is not vaccinated then yeah he won’t be back for 10 days which means he can’t play until Thanksgiving.   

This is a big loss IMO.  Dropping this game and/or Indy can really hurt their chances this season 

won 13 without him . .... would want him to play but I think we will survive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

To be fair, whether he got vaccinated or not doesn't really count towards today. If he misses the Colts game, however... (unless he comes down with bad symptoms).

True, but he would have been less likely to catch it for today's game, and even then, probably wouldn't be a concern for next week. This world is crazy man, logic has been eliminated

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

What a joke this has become. It should’ve been mandatory from the start.

Its starting to affect most teams and will certainly knock out some players come playoff time.

I mean I don’t even care about that. Star pissed on the Bills heads and told them it was raining. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

I mean I don’t even care about that. Star pissed on the Bills heads and told them it was raining. 

What’s infuriating about it is that we probably would’ve made the SB with him last year. Tampa would’ve stomped us but still.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Correct…. But if he is vaccinated he would be able to return after two negative tests within 24 hours.  So it’s possible he returns next week.  If he’s unvaccinated he can’t return until the middle on next week

1 minute ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Ask Aaron Rodgers. 

Aaron never sat out

1 minute ago, Governor said:

What’s infuriating about it is that we probably would’ve made the SB with him last year. Tampa would’ve stomped us but still.

Let’s not go crazy.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just my speculation but isn’t Star from Utah?  It makes me wonder if he’s Mormon/LDS? I believe their religion is against vaccines - not just COVID but all vaccines.  I could be wrong - but when you hear about religious exemptions I think that many times it’s LDS

• Dislike 2

This is from August of this year: 

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints renewed its prior calls to members to get a COVID-19 vaccine and to wear face masks in public gatherings Thursday.

Church leaders said in a statement that available vaccines have proven to be both safe and effective and urged members to help limit the spread of the virus. The message was the latest in a series of statements from church leaders encouraging vaccination efforts against COVID-19.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4