11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, 97bills said:

We’ve been talking about it the oline and no running game is killing us. And it’s not going to change this year, so we can complain all we want we don’t have anyone else. This front office knew what this run game was and oline last year. 

I don't care if we use the entire draft on OL.  17 was awful but his OL was a disgrace. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We were completely out coached and out executed on offense. 

Jags took all deep routes away, brought pressure, specifically off of Allen's right side, over and over to nullify him moving that way and force him to be uncomfortable. 

Our Oline was completely out matched and out of sync the entirety of the game, with free rushers coming through quite a few times. 

Our run game sucks, and has sucked for over a year. Oline depth is horrible and I believe we go draft heavy on oline this off season. 

Terrible game in general.  Horrific officials. Big let down. 

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

My stepson said the reason the Bills lost was because it was a sunny day, and that the Bills only know how to play well in bad weather. Discuss.

Your son has better recognition skills than Daboll.  Is he available for a coaching position?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Stunning loss to state the obvious. I really didn't see this coming. This loss was clearly on the offense. The oline seems to be worst than I thought. Thus, Allen has no time to throw and the Bills can't run effectively. Daboll and the offense had no answers for the feeble Jags D. Allen was just terrible today. He was rattled, panicked, and made inexcusable turnovers. The wide receivers had some key drops as well. 

For a min, I thought the Jags D was  a buddy Ryan led Bears D. 

Trying not to overreact. How does this team make a legit super bowl run with such a porous oline? 

I'm not going to disagree the online played bad, but I thought Allen had plenty of time to throw for much of the first half. It's like he was constantly looking 20 yards down field. 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I hate to gloat but this is why I don’t watch anymore.  

I'm  HUGE Game of Thrones fan.  And I say that having never seen an episode...

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Typical Josh. Looking the wrong way.

Okaaaay.  Wouldn't have been a 1st down if he had checked that one down... 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We fielded the worst o-line in the league and it got in Allen's head. I don't know what we can do to fix it. Pretty depressing.

The OL was the same as last year. Logic says keep them in tact, draft a couple prospects and that’s what we did. The massive underperformance is a genuine shock.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Jags treated this like their Super Bowl, and we treated it like we could win without even preparing

I think ur part right.

The Bills just had too many injuries to overcome on the line especially.

I'm not making excuses but it was a close game still where it should have been a blowout easy win IMO

Outside of maybe most can come back to earth with the Super Bowl talk and let that crap go.  This is at best a playoff team, and with New England playing the way they are in a legit fight for the East. 

Would add I dislike Urban Meyer like no other coach in all sports.  Losing to him and that team makes me sick.  Can’t take the Bills seriously at all.  They could beat the rest of their opponents by several touchdowns on average, and we’ll always know they are capable of losing to one of the worst football teams ever assembled in NFL history. 

Every team has a bad game.   It was a bad week.  Positionally this.  Coaching that.   Overall, you can’t make excuses or rationalize in any way a loss to a team that poor.  

But I love reading it all.  Therapy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

Absolutely horrendous… The officiating will ALWAYS be bad. I mean, it’s Buffalo. They never get calls… ever. Gotta overcome the phantom Vegas cooking and incompetence, and we have a QB who can finally do that. But he can’t save us if he’s getting killed during every snap. I cannot see this team winning a Super Bowl, unless they work some “Atlanta Braves” type miracle in the second half of the season. No way we get past an all-pro front seven in the playoffs with this crap…. But Hell, the coaching will eventually sabotage us anyway. Unbelievable… 

There are no olineman available to swoop in a stop this train wreck.  Josh has been "masking" this failure for 2 years now. Today everything caved in against the worst team in the league. This will not be the year.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't even know if it's that.

Coaches were horrible no doubt.

But the game was lost up front. Bills just straight up could not block anyone.

It was 100% on the offense. Hard to blame the defense for allowing 3 FGs the entire game with the Bills turning the ball over like they were  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, fasteddie said:

Typical Josh. Looking the wrong way.

Like I said he has regressed this year, he is missing throws, throwing bad on short passes,  and off target, missing long passes.  Not looking through his progressions. Was he really worth $250 million, you have to wonder.  Just because you can make a throw once a game that is on a rope for 40 yards, you have to do that the entire game, which he has not done much at all this year.

• Eyeroll 2

Josh holds the ball to long bad things happen.  Hit your drop and throw the ball or go fall forward for whatever positive gain you can get without getting hit to bad.  Running backwards 10 yards and taking a sack or fumbling or throwing a pick is creeping back in like his rookie year.

Edited by Maine-iac

4 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

They either think that this is the year to go all in, or they don’t. And so far, they’re looking like management didn’t think it was their year. Which is unfortunate because the AFC is wide open this year. 

Take a look at the Rams, their GM doesn’t give two flying figs about the future and is going all in because it’s a great year to do so. 

And I love what the rams are doing no one cares about draft picks when you win the super bowl. Like the guy up top said we should of got some help on the oline, and it just blows me away how we don’t care about the running game. Everyone knows you can’t win in the NFL consistently without one. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

There are no olineman available to swoop in a stop this train wreck.  Josh has been making this failure for 2 years now. Today everything caved in against the worst team in the league. This will not be the year.

Exactly josh has masked the major flaws of this o-line, but yet people still want to blame him for this loss. Dude got flat beat up time and time again. I'm honestly shocked he wasn't injured he took that bad of a beating today.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.